• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Burning Blood |OT| It'll Be A Grand Battle

wXPPk7g.png

Platforms:
  • Playstation 4
  • Xbox One
  • PS Vita
  • Steam
Release Dates:
  • Japan: April 21st
  • North America: May 31st
  • Europe: June 3rd
  • Steam: June 2016 WW
Languages:
  • English
  • French
  • Italian
  • German
  • Spanish
  • Japanese
  • Polish
  • Russian
  • Portuguese-Brazil
  • Traditional Chinese
  • Korean
  • Arabic (PS4 Only)
Genre: Fighting
Developer: Spike Chunsoft
Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
btxVNJX.png

nBWhPpL.png

Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Ago)
Roronoa Zoro
Nami
Usopp
Sanji
Tony Tony Chopper
Nico Robin
Franky
Brook
Portgas D. Ace
Sabo
Koala
Trafalgar Law
Edward Newgate
Marco
Jozu
Boa Hancock
Dracule Mihawk
Jimbei
Bartholomew Kuma
Eustass Kid
X Drake
Bartolomeo
Jesus Burgess
Bon Clay
Perona
Smoker
Smoker (2 Years Ago)
Donquixote Doflamingo
Sir Crocodile
Eneru
Gecko Moria
Marshall D. Teach
Akainu
Kizaru
Aokiji
Fujitora
Sengoku
Buggy
Emporio Ivankov
Shanks
Monkey D. Luffy (Gear Fourth) - Pre-Order DLC
Monkey D. Luffy (Afro) - Pre-Order DLC
Monkey D. Luffy (Kung-Fu) - Pre-Order DLC
a0GJKhA.png

Website translations by ShonenGamez
UpcK7c7.png

Free Mode
– A versus mode where players can set up their own battle variables.
Online mode
– Players take-on players from around the world.
Paramount War Mode
– Players can experience the Marineford Arc of the One Piece story from different character perspectives.
WANTED Versus Mode
– Gives players a chance to collect bounties through various challenges.
Pirate Flag Battle Mode
– A multiplayer online territory building campaign that allows players to join a pirate crew and sail across the seas to claim victory at different famous locations.

g5ky49g.png

4Wf1YJ4.jpg

PS4 & XBO only
Gear 4th Luffy (fully playable from start to end of match)
Afro Luffy (playable character)
Kung Fu Luffy (playable character)
Metal Case (Bandai Namco store only) (all participating retailers in EU)
dmyHigB.png

Xx3t7bM.jpg

b0bpCJm.jpg

• Six alternate versions of playable characters, featuring new special moves and outfits: Ace and Shanks in their classy black suits, Sabo dressed up as Lucy, Zoro wearing his well-know bandana and torn clothes, and Doflamingo and Trafalgar Law from their duel at Dressrosa.
  • Eight new costumes: Nami, Robin, Hancock, Perona and Koala are joining the fight in their sexy swimsuits. We also have the young version of Whitebeard, a new costume for Law and Bon Clay cloned as Nami!
  • Four customizable HUDs in the colors of Doflamingo, Sabo, Ace and Trafalgar Law.
tbmBd4j.png

Screenshots

Trailers
Reveal Trailer
Episode of Marineford
Live-Action/CGI Shibuya Battle
Matchless Beauties
Pirate Flag Battle

Been looking forward to this one. Was gonna get for PC but the past One Piece games have not been great on PC so getting for PS4 instead.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I could've gone to my UPS Store & picked this up Saturday if I had the chance. Oh well, can't wait to get this in the mail tomorrow.

Kind of a bummer they had a pin set but it was exclusive to GameStop, & I'd rather have the 20% discount.

That character line-up is awesome, but given that it's a) made by Spike-Chunsoft (which means it probably won't be good) and b) probably going to have a fucking awful localization again, I think I'll be saving my money for a good while.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I hate that the Deluxe Version is digital only. Also there's no Vita version showing up on PSN for pre-order.

I have the Japanese version of this on Vita. It's a fun, albeit simplistic game. Balance is broken -see Hancock for a good example of this- but I'm still going to get the English PS4 version too.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I love One Piece to death, and I've played pretty much every game released, but that demo was a burning dud. Yeesh. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Something something "all the girls who got swimsuits can't swim cuz devil fruit" mention.

I just hope the full version does a better job of easing you in, the demo just gave you one of those "HERE'S ALL THE CONTROLS AT ONCE!" screens & then the CPU was a bit too aggressive to let you just try everything out.

Also will probably have to play online against people here since there's 2 online trophies (just play 1 match of Online Ranked & Player Match, that's it, don't even need to win).

Krammy

Admittedly, I haven't followed this game despite it being on my radar.

It was a shame to come into this thread and find out it's only a J-Stars tier game and not a Budokai Tenkaichi tier game. I guess Spike's gameplay style really only works at simulating the fast action of Dragon Ball, compared to the tamer franchises they've been working with lately.

Biggest issue with the demo was leaving out the training mode. It doesn't let you experiment with the characters (not like it matters since there were only four in the demo).

Been looking forward to this one. Was gonna get for PC but the past One Piece games have not been great on PC so getting for PS4 instead.
Thank Koei Tecmo and their poor PC port track record for that.
I have no idea how the PC version of Burning Blood will turn out.

That character line-up is awesome, but given that it's a) made by Spike-Chunsoft (which means it probably won't be good) and b) probably going to have a fucking awful localization again, I think I'll be saving my money for a good while.

From what I saw in the trailers, the only oddity is dropping the "u" in Jozu and sticking with "Joz".
The translation in PW3 was solid...for the most part.

Samemind

So may as well speak about my impressions via the import copy i bought. I think this game has a real solid core once you figure it out. Like sure, up until that point i was throwing expletives at the cpu but when you realize what kinda possibilities the battle system allows you start to get a marvel vs capcom vibe. Including the slightly busted balance. But also as a one piece fan it's gratifying to see so many characters' idiosycracies implemented. Again often at the expense of balance. But in exchange i feel like this game does for one piece what tenkaichi did for dbz: it's the closest to feeling like an accurate simulation of the source material.

Angel_DvA

I played the demo and I really like it but it's not on the same level of Naruto games to me, it's a shame because One piece is superior in every point and have more potential than Naruto, hands down, I'll wait for a sequel or a price drop.

Admittedly, I haven't followed this game despite it being on my radar.

It was a shame to come into this thread and find out it's only a J-Stars tier game and not a Budokai Tenkaichi tier game. I guess Spike's gameplay style really only works at simulating the fast action of Dragon Ball, compared to the tamer franchises they've been working with lately.

From the time I've spent with the game (JP copy), it's more of a combination of Tenkaichi 3 and the best aspects of J-Stars.
But even that comparison isn't fair because the game feels like its own thing, if that makes any sense.

The combos that can be pulled off with Conqueror's Haki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oS49b4MfS0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQjxclv2EA

And there's the sick Sanji combos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5wSGAwUaII

Sabo is one of the best characters in the game because of his chain combos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs4-kYWZnzQ

Uthred

Ah opposite world

I played the demo and I really like it but it's not on the same level of Naruto games to me, it's a shame because One piece is superior in every point and have more potential than Naruto, hands down, I'll wait for a sequel or a price drop.
I don't get it. Rip off storm if you have too. Give it that fantastic story mode naruto games get. Dub it! There's so much potential there but they just churn out one piece game after one piece game. Another one was announced for the 3ds not too long ago.

That said BB is still a pretty good game at the very least it got its characters right

From what I saw in the trailers, the only oddity is dropping the "u" in Jozu and sticking with "Joz".
The translation in PW3 was solid...for the most part.

I still play PW3 regularly and there's tons of shit that never should've passed QA, be it missing punctuation, inconsistent terminology or just gross mistranslations (logic users!)

Ah opposite world

I can't claim to have played everything they've done but stuff like DBZ BT/RB and J-Stars are the definition of style over substance.

Maybe they just suck at making fighting games, as it kinda says a lot their rock-paper-scissors StreetPass game is far superior to them.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This game is beautiful but I have no idea what I'm doing.

No weak/strong attack combo system is making me nervous

B00TE

Tempted to grab this, but waiting to hear some more impressions first. The demo felt very 'meh' but I love these kinds of games and One Piece.

RedBoot

I actually had some fun with the demo once I played a few matches and started to actually figure the game out (I found Ace to be the easiest character to grasp, for what it's worth). It doesn't really do the game any favors to just toss you in without much explanation like that. :p

Anyway, I won't be getting the game til tomorrow as I swapped my collector's edition for a regular one at the last minute, so I missed the release date delivery window. Looking forward to giving it a shot though. I'm hoping Brook and Bart are fun to use.

Also, the Wanted pack stuff is already up on PSN. I wasn't aware that some of the contents are "new" characters and others just costumes. I'm interested to see just how different the characters are. Like, I can see Afro Luffy being fairly different from regular Luffy, but how different is Dressrosa Law from regular Law?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Woah. A One Piece thing I actually get to participate in. I got the collectors for those sweet figurines. Not delivered yet but before days end I'll be jamming.

FYI a patch was announced in JP site to balance some of the broken stuff v.1.04 . So hey they are paying attention . Other than that I have to say it plays better than Naruto just for the fact that characters feel different from one another and not just palate swaps. Honestly it's closer to pokken field mode than anything else once you start to figure out how movement and cancels work. There is weight to every hit and characters don't feel floaty (main problem with storm series) so ya it's pokken x mvc3. With DOA in game model changes.... good stuff over all lol

Caim

FYI a patch was announced in JP site to balance some of the broken stuff v.1.04 . So hey they are paying attention . Other than that I have to say it plays better than Naruto just for the fact that characters feel different from one another and not just palate swaps. Honestly it's closer to pokken field mode than anything else once you start to figure out how movement and cancels work. There is weight to every hit and characters don't feel floaty (main problem with storm series) so ya it's pokken x mvc3. With DOA in game model changes.... good stuff over all lol

http://opbb.bn-ent.net/pc/special.html

- There is some sort of distance adjustment when a character down.
- Some heavy guard breaks are adjusted : Whitebeard, Shanks, Akainu, Kizaru, Hancock, Luffy, Doflamingo, Zoro, Sanji, Usopp, Koala.
- Lower damage for Petrified status.
- Adjust for Haoshoku Haki timing
- Adjust on hitback distance
- Adjust on characters cost and Garps cost.

Oxn

Ive been excited for this game since it was anounced. Huge one piece fan, and loving all the modes and characters in this game. Looks great and everything.

But then i tried the demo and was soooo underwhelmed....

I'll be able to play it on Friday. I watched Max stream it on Twitch and it looked a lot better than what was shown from the demo.
I don't know whether I should be happy or sad that no one caught on to the reference in the title.

Nobody played that PS2 game. Even when the show was somewhat popular on 4Kids.

RedBoot

Nobody played that PS2 game. Even when the show was somewhat popular on 4Kids.

Ugh, now I'm getting flashbacks of the "rap" theme they used in Grand Adventure. That was such a weird game. A mix of characters from Grand Battle 3 and Rush, with some random extra characters tossed in (we all know we've been waiting to play as Kuina).

I really liked the Grand Battle gameplay though, and played a bunch of all those games. Grand Adventure arguably had the best character selection and gameplay modes, despite being stuck with the 4kids voices and names.

In the demo thread, I said that I didn't want to buy the game during the first days... But after playing it many many times, I'm now in love with the battle system and the visuals.

Sure, as a first game, it has his flaws but the roster is really big, gameplay is fun (even if imbalanced), graphics are amazing and even the musics are good, I listened the OST and it feels like a different version of the anime's score.

Great OT by the way!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
ENEL IS SUPER BROKEN, LOL

Also super fun

Dugna

Got the Marineford edition, I took pics but not sure If I should show em since I took em with my cellphone cam...which is kinda crap. Its a cool figure though. the stick for whitebeards weapon is kinda flimsy which made me scared to try setting it up and accidently breaking it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got my copy, hoping to try a bit of it tonight.

Still no email from Best Buy with my pre-order DLC. Says it's being "released" tomorrow?

Edit: Waiting for V1.03 to download. Any word on what it does, while it continuously sits at "preparing to download...(10%)" for me?

Daft Punk

Banned
I enjoyed J-Stars so this is right up my alley. Can't wait to get my copy and pin set tomorrow!

o been playing the game for a few hours and it definitely takes some getting used to. I like the canceling that can be done and movement and position really is crucial especially if you are fighting against a Logia user (Fuck you Enel). I don't see the game becoming a tournament staple as some of the characters are just too broken, but I can see a decent foundation underneath everything.

TL;DR - Game is good fun if you are a One Piece/fighting game fan, but don't expect tournament depth.

Dugna

man this game does legit service to the paramount war, kinda wish this team did some of the other arc. I mean Squard is the one to stab Whitebeard not some random dude like in pirate warriors,

Top Bottom