• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Burning Blood |OT| It'll Be A Grand Battle

RedBoot

Some of these EX missions are serious. Iva versus Kuma/Dofy is pretty tough (doesn't help that Dofy won't shut up the whole time), and Marco pretty much gets 2-shot versus Aokiji.

Any way to unlock the non-Marineford characters, outside of paying for them with Beli?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Some of these EX missions are serious. Iva versus Kuma/Dofy is pretty tough (doesn't help that Dofy won't shut up the whole time), and Marco pretty much gets 2-shot versus Aokiji.

Any way to unlock the non-Marineford characters, outside of paying for them with Beli?
Seriously, & Croc vs. Mihawk was awful as well. It's all about guarding & knowing when it's safe to attack. I honestly just would mash Square to play it safe, then watch for an opening.

Dugna

Has anyone tried the Vita version? If so, how is it?

I would've bought it, but I can't justify $200 for one game....only one series does that for me...but yeah I think its just kinda like you would think of PW vita versions, play alright but not good.

Samemind

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. When I'm fighting Online or against the computer, it seems like everyone is doing absolutely massive damage on basic hits or small combos (like 30%-50% of my health) but any combo I do does pitiful damage, even using those same characters and combos. I'm adding ability to my attacks to and while it sees to boost it at bit, it's no where near what I'm getting hit with.

Am I missing something?
Your opponents are activating support skills and you're not? That's all i got

jbug617

Banned
contacted Amazon about the preorder bonus and they said the bonus was only for the Playstation version. That doesn't sound right to me.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
contacted Amazon about the preorder bonus and they said the bonus was only for the Playstation version. That doesn't sound right to me.

I got a message from Amazon saying they contacted Sony for codes and will have an update in 2-3 days.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, right, forgot about the fact I signed up for the game's official site to get GOLDEN LUFFY.

"To celebrate the launch of One Piece Burning Blood, we are distributing redemption vouchers to everyone who signed up for our mailing list at onepiece-game.com and bandainamcoent.com."

First person to quote me gets a XBOX ONE code.

Warxard

Banned
Oh, right, forgot about the fact I signed up for the game's official site to get GOLDEN LUFFY.

"To celebrate the launch of One Piece Burning Blood, we are distributing redemption vouchers to everyone who signed up for our mailing list at onepiece-game.com and bandainamcoent.com."

First person to quote me gets a XBOX ONE code.

Hello

brau

So which version should i get? PC or PS4? i usually favor PC... but not sure what state the port is in.

drac96

I don't really know how to say this without sounding like a tool. I enjoy the game qiye a bit. Everything is faithful to the anime in a way I didn't expect.

For a fighting game though, I feel it's a little too simplistic to have any longevity for me. However, I keep seeing people talking about hidden depth in the combat. Where is it?

I like to use Koala, so let's take her for example. I messed around in training mode for a bit. You can do her regular mash square combo. You can also do 4 hits of the square combo into her L1 and square special for ten hits. If you start with a jump in that combo can do 11 hits. That seems like all there is. You can also do stuff off of a crumple state, but that's inconsistent because the enemy will randomly fall out after a few hits.

Am I missing something? It seems like most characters have like 2 combos with very slight variation.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why the hell isn't there a "Retry" option either when pausing or after winning? You can only retry by losing on purpose. This makes it annoying when you have a requirement like "use an Awakening attack" but you know you don't have the meter to make it happen.

For a fighting game though, I feel it's a little too simplistic to have any longevity for me. However, I keep seeing people talking about hidden depth in the combat. Where is it?
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here are some examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTg_hvQ20eE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWrR-MQlGLg

Some of the hidden depth comes from the unity swap to extend combos (note: not every character can do this. Some can only land two hits before the opponent drops out of it)

I like to use Koala, so let's take her for example. I messed around in training mode for a bit. You can do her regular mash square combo. You can also do 4 hits of the square combo into her L1 and square special for ten hits. If you start with a jump in that combo can do 11 hits. That seems like all there is. You can also do stuff off of a crumple state, but that's inconsistent because the enemy will randomly fall out after a few hits.

Am I missing something? It seems like most characters have like 2 combos with very slight variation.
Koala combos with Whitebeard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntMfqIP-8Nk
The hit counter is not very important in this game since some critical hits can do extra damage than others. And the health depletes rather quickly because of the tag-team aspect.

drac96

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here are some examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTg_hvQ20eE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWrR-MQlGLg

Some of the hidden depth comes from the unity swap to extend combos (note: not every character can do this. Some can only land two hits before the opponent drops out of it)

Koala combos with Whitebeard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntMfqIP-8Nk
The hit counter is not very important in this game since some critical hits can do extra damage than others. And the health depletes rather quickly because of the tag-team aspect.

Yeah, this is the kind of stuff I was looking for. Thanks a bunch. I guess I need to start messing around with the unity stuff a lot more to see where I can take that.

Much appreciated

I pulled off a 25 hit combo in practice

With who, on what? I mean luffy can do gum gum gattling on anyone and get near that, but 25 from a true string seems insane. Especially since they just drop out to prevent infinites.

BenjiGAF

If anyone is willing to send an unused/unwanted PS4 Golden Luffy code my way I would really appreciate it. I can reimburse you via Xbl/Psn credit or something

Also if I wasn't supposed to ask about this in thread, I'm sorry, mods, please don't execute me D:

Yeah amazon just recently sent me my code also. Now I can be that boring guy, and have an all Luffy team of pre/post timeskip, and afro.

Samemind

Another useful tool to keep in mind regarding combo building is that most of the cast can cancel the Range Attack (back+square or X on Xbox) with a running tag-in (on hit or on block). With some characters, this can open up a combo opportunity. And this option doesn't cost any burning gauge.

Dueck

Banned
I'm really loving this game so far despite my utter terribleness at it. I missed the preorder boat and still got the 3 Luffys and some pins. It's a good challenge, albeit frustrating at times. The Pirate Flag mode is a great idea. The story is short but that pads it. I just wish they'd put in the previous two arcs also.

jobber

With who, on what? I mean luffy can do gum gum gattling on anyone and get near that, but 25 from a true string seems insane. Especially since they just drop out to prevent infinites.

Boa and Luffy when you swap out in the middle of a combo. Its kinda like MvC3.

Their intro if they're on the same team is awesome

Also Whitebeard is OP. If you dash attack then spam attack into a combo, it will eat that health bar. At the same time, speed players will just dodge it all so you'll have to make sure that shoulder tackle animation hits before spamming attack.

I did get my pre-order code last night and had some time to mess with 4th Gear Luffy. I could see him banned at tournaments.

It's really pointless to have characters talk during a fight. You can't keep your eyes of your opponent for a second and the fight ends so quickly that your not gonna get the full conversation.

Caim

Blackbeard is insane...you can just vortex spam your way to victory or...

Awakening + Heavy Guard Break + Grand Impact = OHKO or at least a sliver of health left.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm really impressed by how many character interactions there are before a fight. Even characters that have no reason to have one have one, like Robin and Eneru.

Kung-Fu Luffy and Champ (Afro) Luffy are just regular Luffy (2 years ago version) slightly remixed with some added Jeet Kune Do and boxing moves. And there awesome.

It's really pointless to have characters talk during a fight. You can't keep your eyes of your opponent for a second and the fight ends so quickly that your not gonna get the full conversation.

Wouldn't have been a problem if there was dual audio.
But then that wouldn't have stayed "true to the anime", now would it? ;)

ryan13ts

Most of the single player stuff is so vastly unbalanced its not funny. One second I'm fighting a Crocodile who just stands there and let's me beat the shit out of him, the next I'm getting obliterated by Buggy in few hits, wtf? It might be the worst single player unbalancing I've ever seen. And don't start me on that Pirate Flag mode, where I was literally killed in one fucking hit by Blackbeard. Speaking of such, the game doesn't explain that mode very well, I'm still unsure of what traveling to different islands does besides start fights.

I love One Piece to death and the game is very faithful to details I would have never expected (Like Sanji can't hit women,that was literally amazing) but I'm not loving the game like I hoped I would. Maybe its just the single player stuff that's spoiled it a little for me, so I'll give the multi more play before I call it a complete bust for me

This game's retelling of the Paramount War is spot on. I wish they could have done more story arcs. We don't need the same arc told through different perspectives.

Red Fire

Had a burning blood session yesterday with 2 buddies and we had a blast. Of course i wrecked em 😉 the game is sooooo good, so much fun.

heavy guard break spam with ability should do the trick. actually made it very easy after that discovery but have to make sure to time everything right if not get ready for a punish.

heavy guard break spam with ability should do the trick. actually made it very easy after that discovery but have to make sure to time everything right if not get ready for a punish.
That's what I had to do. I'm at Ace's chapter and I've had to use cheap tactics to win most of the fights up to now. That and replaying events again from a different perspective are my only complaint to an otherwise enjoyable retelling of Paramount War.

Fuck Gecko.

Dugna

sooo just noticed this email today but Marineford Edition is up on Amazon.....kinda ticked that they basically held back ordering them....spent an extra $20 on shipping geting it from GS. Statue is nice though for anybody interested.

So, I think I peaked with this game, in ranked mode anyways. My team is Afro Luffy, Franky, Crocodile, and I'm sitting at an A3 right now. Sabo, Strong World Ace, and Time Skip Luffy are in almost every game I find now. What's dumb is even if you use Garp on Strong World Ace he can still use his spammy special that breaks shield.

jobber

I got the Anison Edition last week. There is a slight difference between the US and Japanese version. I streamed some matches on Twitch with a captive viewer count...so I went back to look at some footage and the music wasn't playing at all on my recorded stream.

I feel like a dick cause I left Hard Knock Days playing for 5 minutes on purpose but no one heard it :|

Dugna

I got the Anison Edition last week. There is a slight difference between the US and Japanese version. I streamed some matches on Twitch with a captive viewer count...so I went back to look at some footage and the music wasn't playing at all on my recorded stream.

I feel like a dick cause I left Hard Knock Days playing for 5 minutes on purpose but no one heard it :|

You stream it through the software on the PS4? if so it does that, you can use a capture card and it should ignore all of that.

JMTHEFOX

PC version now coming on September 2nd!

FINALLY! You've waited long enough for this: One Piece Burning Blood will launch September 2nd on Steam! Get either the standard edition or the Gold edition which includes all DLCs released on the game.

If you pre-order One Piece Burning Blood, you get acces to 3 new playable characters (Luffy Gear 4th, Kung Fu Luffy and Afro Luffy) and a customizable HUD in the colors of Luffy.

Less than a month to go!! It's time to get hype about the PC release ;)

Also, 10% preorder discount for owners of Pirate Warriors 3.

jobber

The OP Gold DLC is up. The way its worded in the PSN store is you get part of it free if you have the season pass...but there is no season pass. You also get Gold and Platinum Luffy as a bonus if you buy the big bundle.

For the Anison Sound edition for Gold DLC was free in the Jp PSN store

CpF_SyQWcAEwHsm.jpg:large

Top Bottom