• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Burning Blood |OT| It'll Be A Grand Battle

Slayven

man this game does legit service to the paramount war, kinda wish this team did some of the other arc. I mean Squard is the one to stab Whitebeard not some random dude like in pirate warriors,

LOL yes you play ever POV of the war.

Fun so far, but no Lucci or Magellian is almost criminal

Dugna

LOL yes you play ever POV of the war.

Fun so far, but no Lucci or Magellian is almost criminal

does suck they're not in it, but man if they can polish up this game for a second one I'm game....though I guess I would be anyway...spent $150 on this....

Samemind

http://opbb.bn-ent.net/pc/special.html

- There is some sort of distance adjustment when a character down.

- Some heavy guard breaks are adjusted : Whitebeard, Shanks, Akainu, Kizaru, Hancock, Luffy, Doflamingo, Zoro, Sanji, Usopp, Koala.
- Lower damage for Petrified status.
- Adjust for Haoshoku Haki timing
- Adjust on hitback distance
- Adjust on characters cost and Garps cost.

To the bolded, the changes are actually pretty significant. When one of your team member dies, you'll be able to hold a direction to change where your next character spawns. Also, you'll be able to start an attack out of the knockdown state much earlier than before.

mileS

Huge One Piece fan now. I was pumped for this game until I found out it was purely fighting. Despite that I went into the demo with an open mind. Not a very good pick up and play game that's for sure. I had such a hard time trying to learn how to play it right.

I want to give it a chance. Not very often do we get a One Piece game that looks this good. Wish we had more. More impressions would be nice!

WarLox

So for anyone that pre-ordered from Best Buy, did you get your DLC code yet? I don't know if it's suppose to be included with the game or something. My order says that it's still "processing"

Edit: Looks like DLC is up on the (US PSN) store:

- Costume Pack
- Customization Pack
- Character Pack
- Wanted Pack

hmm... I preodered the deluxe edition, but I don't have any of the dlc. Even in the PSN store it has a dollar amount under the dlc instread of "purchased". Seems like theres a problem here.

Had a LOT of doubt about this game after J-Stars Victory VS+ but man, the game is legit fun and it's a pretty great OP fighting game! Game is simple enough to have fun for the more casual fans but there's a pretty good amount of depth in there also. All the characters and attacks are faithful to their manga/anime counterparts and feel completely different from each other from what I played so far. One thing that "kinda" sucks is that you have to play through some of the tutorial first before you can get to some other modes but imo, it's the best way to learn the game since new people will just play the demo and mindlessly push buttons without learning the ins and outs of the fighting system. I've seen many Youtubers complain about the game and it sucks that most of them just skip things and not bother to read anything. Also sucks that it doesn't have every hero/villains like Garp, Arlong, Lucci, etc to be playable but with the amount of characters it does have and how different they play, I think it does a damn good job for a first game. Really hope this game does well because I'd love to have a sequel with even more characters.....hell, they should use this engine for other series like an improved J-Stars game, a new Jojo or My Hero Academia game.

Also waiting for my pre-order code from Amazon....still hasn't come in my email yet.

Dugna

I never want to play as Jozu again after this story mode...he's slow has crappy combos and hits weakly, you would think for a slow dude he would atleast hit hard...nope.

Slayven

hmm... I preodered the deluxe edition, but I don't have any of the dlc. Even in the PSN store it has a dollar amount under the dlc instread of "purchased". Seems like theres a problem here.

It shows up weird like that, got to "Related items" on the game icon on your PS4 and it will show the DLC.

I never want to play as Jozu again after this story mode...he's slow has crappy combos and hits weakly, you would think for a slow dude he would atleast hit hard...nope.

That one battle is terrible, holyshit

Dugna

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA, sanji can deal damage to women not my force but by freaking them out with hearts hahaha

Dugna

looking at the support list and noticed something interesting, besides maybe a few off every support char on the list is shown from left to right from the order they're introduced in the series. Bar stuff like Vivi being ahead of Kureha and mr 3 being around impel down chars. Its pretty much lined up right, thats a nice touch...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA, sanji can deal damage to women not my force but by freaking them out with hearts hahaha
LOL, this is great, I love Namco's dedication to keep that trait of Sanji an element of gameplay in some form, like the fact he does almost no damage to females in the Pirate Warriors games, among other details.

Finished downloading the patch not long before I had to leave for work. Guess I'll try it out later today after waking up.

Edit: Finally got the pre-order DLC from Best Buy emailed to me at like 1 a.m. Let that download while I sleep.

Samemind

Use diamond mode. It's basically the same as logia defense. Also the heavy guard break is pretty good.
Also you may have been doing low damage because of health/damage modifiers that seem to pop up during certain fights.

Is 4th Gear Luffy a clunky mess to control as a separate character?
Playing more and tutorial stuff always bugs me in fighting games, kinda like to get a feel for it.

Good cuz the demo had me confused for almost 30 minutes on it's mechanics.

Samemind

Is 4th Gear Luffy a clunky mess to control as a separate character?

If you mean compared to g4 as luffy's ultimate, nah he's got a full moveset with a standard attack string and guardbreak attacks, the whole kit. Though he does seem slightly weird because of his walk animation lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I still didn't get the DLC from Amazon :mad:

I spent 7 hours playing this last night.

Ahem....fuck them wanted poster fights. They have like triple health where 1 awaking move doesn't even eat 10% of the health bar.

I'm mostly disappointed Hard Knock Days isn't in the game

Ahem....fuck them wanted poster fights. They have like triple health where 1 awaking move doesn't even eat 10% of the health bar.

Have you gotten in contact with Amazon customer service? If they didn't help, you should probably call Bandai Namco.

Hard Knock Days is in the Anison Edition of the import game. >.>

ryan13ts

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. When I'm fighting Online or against the computer, it seems like everyone is doing absolutely massive damage on basic hits or small combos (like 30%-50% of my health) but any combo I do does pitiful damage, even using those same characters and combos. I'm adding ability to my attacks to and while it sees to boost it at bit, it's no where near what I'm getting hit with.

Am I missing something?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Me neither. I don't even remember what it was-- I bought the Vita Deluxe Version too, which came with all the DLC and is cross-buy...is there even anything extra on top of that?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What exactly do levels do?

I would contact Amazon support and see what the hold up is. I had the same incident with Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. Contacted them and they sent me the code in about an hour or two, plus they also refunded me $2 back on my account :)

wonder what happened with steam version :-D seems like its not releasing today afterall

http://www.onepiece-game.com/en/one-piece-burning-blood-on-pc-pushed-back-to-summer-2016/
PC version was going to come out in June but it's been delayed to a pending "Summer 2016" date.

We’ve been working diligently to match the console version’s quality with 30 FPS and 1080P resolution. We’re also working on a number of PC specific improvements for the game that will be available at the PC launch of One Piece Burning Blood including; Key Mapping, Mouse & Keyboard Support, and Controller Compatibility.

In order to achieve these goals, we’re going to need a bit more time to put the finishing touches on One Piece Burning Blood for PCs. The game will be available later this summer, we’ll come back to you with the exact release date as soon as possible.

30 FPS tho :(

jobber

Have you gotten in contact with Amazon customer service? If they didn't help, you should probably call Bandai Namco.

Hard Knock Days is in the Anison Edition of the import game. >.>

Thanks for the info. Ordered that edition off Play Asia since amazon japan doesn't want to ship that version here.

sanhora

http://www.onepiece-game.com/en/one-piece-burning-blood-on-pc-pushed-back-to-summer-2016/
PC version was going to come out in June but it's been delayed to a pending "Summer 2016" date.(
We’ve been working diligently to match the console version’s quality with 30 FPS and 1080P resolution.
In order to achieve these goals, we’re going to need a bit more time to put the finishing touches on One Piece Burning Blood for PCs.
Great to see them set such high goals for the port! I mean who would want to choose a resolution above 1080p or play a fighting game in 60fps?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Don't know why, but feels weird for Namco to resort to just flat-out using screencaps from the anime, but I guess it's kind of better than "bunch of text while the portrait character you chose just sits there on the screen" than Pirate Warriors.

Also, guessing I have to come back once I've leveled up to unlock extra EX Chapters. No way I can beat all 3 opponents as Luffy in just 60 seconds when I barely was able to beat one in that time.

Edit: Freakin' hell, some of the tutorial fights are AWFUL. "HEY, TRY TO ACTIVATE THIS THING WHILE THE ENEMY IS CONSTANTLY KNOCKING THE CRAP OUT OF YOU, MAKING IT SO YOU CAN'T ACTIVATE SAID MECHANIC!!!"

jobber

Edit: Freakin' hell, some of the tutorial fights are AWFUL. "HEY, TRY TO ACTIVATE THIS THING WHILE THE ENEMY IS CONSTANTLY KNOCKING THE CRAP OUT OF YOU, MAKING IT SO YOU CAN'T ACTIVATE SAID MECHANIC!!!"

That happened in the story mode when I got to Kuma

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That happened in the story mode when I got to Kuma
Yup, that was the fight I was referencing. It's also annoying when you need to replay a mission to unlock the EX chapter but then you gotta redo all the tutorial stuff. Even more annoying, the Kuma fight has a tutorial WHERE YOU NEED TO TAKE DAMAGE & THE EX UNLOCK REQUIREMENT IS TAKING LESS THAN 30% DAMAGE.

"Hey, you need to take damage to learn this mechanic, but you also need to NOT take damage in order to better your chance of unlocking an EX mission"

Dugna

Finally got my preorder DLC from Gamestop, so you all mightive gotten yours from amazon. Its worth a check, on that topic I bought the wanted pack and costumes still aren't showing up....do you have to unlock them after buying them?

Great to see them set such high goals for the port! I mean who would want to choose a resolution above 1080p or play a fighting game in 60fps?

Yeah, when they could have just put out a shitty Vita port instead, at which point they could have promised to fix 'problems' they knew weren't problems (easier to sell a PC game with 'graphical bugs that will be fixed' than it is to sell a PC game with 'identical graphics as the worst looking version'), before maybe maintaining complete radio silence until the sequel.

I bought Pirate Warriors 3 for PC, and that's why I'm not buying Burning Blood until I can get it for exactly the difference between its full price and how much I paid for Pirate Warriors 3, or less. I felt more burned by that game than anything else this gen besides Fallout 4.

Majukun

was gonna give this game a chance being an huge onepiece fan..but i'm pc only and it seems like they don't need my money that much,meanwhile i'm not sure i will still be as hyped as I am now when they finally decide to release it on pc.

I tried the demo and didn't really like it, but it was because I didn't understand it. I actually decided to try the demo again and pay attention and the game is pretty fun to me now. Already have the full version from amazon, but they haven't sent me my code and I just got through talking to them, saying they would contact me back.

Kinda lame cause I wanna play as Afro Luffy right now.

Dugna

I've downloaded all the DLC and it says it's installed on my PS4, yet I don't see a single one in my list of chars in free battle...is it bugged?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did you go to the "second" screen of characters by selecting the arrow on the bottom of the character select?

I know nothing about One Piece, but have the chance to play this for free. I'll give it a shot, and will hopefully enjoy it, although fighting games aren't really for me.

The local library is getting it in.

Dugna

I know nothing about One Piece, but have the chance to play this for free. I'll give it a shot, and will hopefully enjoy it, although fighting games aren't really for me.

The local library is getting it in.

would love to have a library like that.

Dugna

K got it all working, are there supposed to be more chars because there are some empty slots in additional chars.

Mediking

I used to love One Piece Manga before the story took a nosedive. I supported Naruto on PS4 and I will support this!

would love to have a library like that.

There are four library systems within 30-40 minutes. Apparently each one gets games. I know the two close to me do, and I saw this game listed as being one of them.

It can be really great, except people try to steal the discs or don't take care of them. You're the 2nd person to get a disc and it's covered in shit.

Top Bottom