• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

mileS

I'm looking forward to trying out a Legend Blackbeard team for Sabo

Haven't watched the videos yet but they've got some nice clear times

That's how me and EMT0 farm him! You kind of don't need to watch any videos for the most part. The general rule of thumb is to use GPU on stage 4 (even though you don't need to obviously, Blackbeard eats through these) The main point of doing this is you get to stall 5-6 turns and you have GPU up for Sabo during the fight. It's easy/quick stalling to get both Blackbeards specials ready (most BB's still have no skill ups)

Another thing to note, and EMT0 has spoke to this quite a bit in the past, Blackbeard teams for Sabo are extremely flexible. I'll post a general suggestion to give you idea's. Can't post them all right now on mobile.

Blackbeard
Any Str fighter or striker
GPU
Doffy

It's pretty hard to fail with this. You would think having to stall 23/24/25 turns or more would be long and boring, but I actually enjoy the pace of Blackbeard teams here. You can make the stalling in stage 4 even faster if you use Blamenco as your striker. He will change your negative bad orbs that get locked for 2 turns on stage 4. All that really does is let you eat through the mobs faster and 1 character stall on the penguin. Shaves off extra time if you care about the speed.

ExVicis

So I guess I got hit with waifu fever and I did a yolo single pull. Got Koala Summer version...so I guess that's something.

Majukun

ahaha,mnot only japan is gonna get neo mihawk too,but they already have info on him while global does not..and of course they have the chopper mission attached while global does not.

bu the way,second class for mihawk,free spirit..for some reason
and a second socket slot.

MiTYH

Me before today: Oh boy, I can finally farm Sabo reliably!

Me today: F*ck this game

Seriously. INTHawk slasher team, it works if you make it to Sabo, but... if you screw up anywhere else, you're dead. For me, bad orbs on stage 1 = can't ko 5/6 of the grunts = too much damage to live through 2 of Sabo's attacks

Majukun

Me before today: Oh boy, I can finally farm Sabo reliably!

Me today: F*ck this game

Seriously. INTHawk slasher team, it works if you make it to Sabo, but... if you screw up anywhere else, you're dead. For me, bad orbs on stage 1 = can't ko 5/6 of the grunts = too much damage to live through 2 of Sabo's attacks

can you use this team?

capt: shiki
friend fujitora
RR lao g ( or raid akainu)
RR diamante (or any delayer with 2 or more turn delay)
raid boa
raid doflamingo

sabo it's disgustingly easy with this team..you have plenty of hp to survive stage 1, you have the dalayer for stage 4 (diamante basically clears the stage by himself as long as you just destroy a barrier during your turn), and on boss stage you just use boa,then fuji,attack for a turn anfdd then burst using shiki and doflmanigo with shiki+ lao g being the combo for full orbs or just use akainu to get the red orbs plus a x1.75 atk boost thanks to the color advantage

you can make plenty of mistakes with this team and sabo goes down really easy

MANUELF

Banned
Im farming Shiki in Japan with a double Fuji team but if you dont have any matching orb on the second stage RIP, already happened to me once

bjork

Going for some Sabo runs today with

Dex BB/Dex BB
Dex Doflamingo/Rayleigh
GPU/Bartolomeo

I just stall like mileS says, and when I get to Sabo it takes a turn or two to get him down, but Barto's special helps just in case I don't quite KO him.

RedBoot

ahaha,mnot only japan is gonna get neo mihawk too,but they already have info on him while global does not..and of course they have the chopper mission attached while global does not.

bu the way,second class for mihawk,free spirit..for some reason
and a second socket slot.

I think you could actually make a case for any of the four "personality" classes fitting Mihawk, though Free Spirit might fit him the least (though I guess it works for Mihawk as portrayed in the raid, when he was sailin' wherever and beating up Krieg for the hell of it).

The good thing is he's not Powerhouse, so he'll work just fine for zombie forest teams.

As for the Chopper missions, I guess we should just assume Global will get them when Neo Doffy arrives, and we'll get a return for Mihawk with the missions later. Still very dumb, especially if we get Chopperman within a month or so of Neo Mihawk. But then, Global has done stuff like that before.

MiTYH

can you use this team?

capt: shiki
friend fujitora
RR lao g ( or raid akainu)
RR diamante (or any delayer with 2 or more turn delay)
raid boa
raid doflamingo

sabo it's disgustingly easy with this team..you have plenty of hp to survive stage 1, you have the dalayer for stage 4 (diamante basically clears the stage by himself as long as you just destroy a barrier during your turn), and on boss stage you just use boa,then fuji,attack for a turn anfdd then burst using shiki and doflmanigo with shiki+ lao g being the combo for full orbs or just use akainu to get the red orbs plus a x1.75 atk boost thanks to the color advantage

you can make plenty of mistakes with this team and sabo goes down really easy

Nah, sadly my Shiki farming was the worst ever when he was back and after the first skillup of him going 1/like 20, I stopped spending gems on him.

I went again and managed to win even after getting hit twice, which was fun. Takes some health management but it's doable.

inthawk/inthawk
mr1 (red)/ 3d2y zoro
gpu/doffy

If I get past stage 1, I'm generally okay. I'll throw a few gems towards Sabo later today when there's more time

Majukun

Nah, sadly my Shiki farming was the worst ever when he was back and after the first skillup of him going 1/like 20, I stopped spending gems on him.

I went again and managed to win even after getting hit twice, which was fun. Takes some health management but it's doable.

inthawk/inthawk
mr1 (red)/ 3d2y zoro
gpu/doffy

If I get past stage 1, I'm generally okay. I'll throw a few gems towards Sabo later today when there's more time
I think you can use colo zephyr in that team too in shiki's place, especially if you use raid akainu instead of Lao g, but you'll need to check the damage calculator

ExVicis

inthawk/inthawk
mr1 (red)/ 3d2y zoro
gpu/doffy

So I saw a variation on Maju's team I just tried out where it's the same team but instead of Raid Boa is GP Usopp. Works well too and pretty tanky. Best of all the GPU if you use his special on turn 3 you can stall out for more turns which helps since my Lao G has exactly no skill-ups.

So maybe you have enough Shiki levels to use that team.

mileS

I'm using Shiki instead of Doffy this time around for Sabo.

Blackbeard/Blackbeard
GPU
Aokiji (can be anything. Mainly using for sockets)
Shiki
Sabo

This team is care free and laid back. Who needs orb manipulation/booster? Raid Sabo works amazing against himself lol. Bad orb luck doesn't matter. If I mess up stalling along the way it doesn't matter. Blackbeard is fuckin fantastic.

bobohoro

Going with a Fuji/Shiki team as well.
Don't have to care about stage 1 anymore, so nice.
Pica as backup for stage 4.
Only messed up one run because I was trying to play it too safe and pushed Sabo too far down, forgetting that he activates his death move at 30% already.

But yeah, fast and incredibly safe.

Shame I'm already bored after 11 copies. Bring back 2xstam/rewards for raids pls!

EMT0

Banned
I'm using Shiki instead of Doffy this time around for Sabo.

Blackbeard/Blackbeard
GPU
Aokiji (can be anything. Mainly using for sockets)
Shiki
Sabo

This team is care free and laid back. Who needs orb manipulation/booster? Raid Sabo works amazing against himself lol. Bad orb luck doesn't matter. If I mess up stalling along the way it doesn't matter. Blackbeard is fuckin fantastic.

Haha, you're doing what I've started doing, using Sabo vs. Sabo :) The only difference between our teams(I'm going to follow your lead in using Shiki as my Slasher sub) is that I use 6+ WB as my Striker sub, although I'm thinking of swapping him out for someone with Autoheal sockets + an orb boost like Colo Smoker. I haven't actually ran him yet since I've been at work, but I plan on dropping a solid number of gems on him from now until he leaves. If Lao G were socketed, I'd be running the standard BB Driven team lol

mileS

QCKhawk is going to be free spirit?!? That is amazing. Did not expect that at all. What are the chances INThawk 6*+ will get another class? If he ends up being free spirit as well... oh buddy (don't think it will happen tho)

Haha, you're doing what I've started doing, using Sabo vs. Sabo :) The only difference between our teams(I'm going to follow your lead in using Shiki as my Slasher sub) is that I use 6+ WB as my Striker sub, although I'm thinking of swapping him out for someone with Autoheal sockets + an orb boost like Colo Smoker. I haven't actually ran him yet since I've been at work, but I plan on dropping a solid number of gems on him from now until he leaves. If Lao G were socketed, I'd be running the standard BB Driven team lol

Lol thats awesome. I'd use my WB if he had sockets. I should work on him next. I think I'm going to put Autoheal on him for the hell of it. I can't see myself using him as a captain. Not to take away from how good he is. Again, the amount of options Blackbeard teams have for Sabo is great. Both RR and Colo Kid work good for a striker. Colo Urouge (striker/fighter) would let you bring Boa or SW Franky. If any of these had sockets for me I'd play around with that.

EMT0

Banned
QCKhawk is going to be free spirit?!? That is amazing. Did not expect that at all. What are the chances INThawk 6*+ will get another class? If he ends up being free spirit as well... oh buddy (don't think it will happen tho)

I always figured that if he had a second class, it'd be Cerebral. Free Spirit was my second bet though, with Powerhouse as third. Free Spirit stays winning though. I REALLY hope Chopperman gets released before QCK Mihawk drops, otherwise I don't see myself farming QCK Mihawk at all. I rarely use the DEX one nowadays and don't really run Free Spirit teams :/

Lol thats awesome. I'd use my WB if he had sockets. I should work on him next. I think I'm going to put Autoheal on him for the hell of it. I can't see myself using him as a captain. Not to take away from how good he is. Again, the amount of options Blackbeard teams have for Sabo is great. Both RR and Colo Kid work good for a striker. Colo Urouge (striker/fighter) would let you bring Boa or SW Franky. If any of these had sockets for me I'd play around with that.

I love WB as a sub for BB. I think the next time that I pull him, I'll keep a second copy of him that I'll put AH sockets on for sub purposes. I ended up using Colo Smoker because Lv. 5 AH makes Raid Sabo near unfailable for me.

ExVicis

Free Spirit for Mihawk makes sense since he basically just wanders around the seas on his sick coffin boat slicin' up pirates whenever he feels like or visitinn' Shanks and having a drinking party. So I'd be pretty happy with a 6+ being Free Spirit.

I understand, though, and would take Cerebral.

EMT0

Banned
Farmed 25 Sabo which isn't too bad, I wanted to go harder but that'll definitely max Raid Sabo and get me a few sockets on the Legend variant. I ran a bit of the Coliseum to get an even 60 Colo Kid dupes, and ended up getting enough CC to finish quadmaxing my first Legend, Mihawk. It'd have been Marco, but I'm determined to dump +3 CCs on him to max him. My next CC targets are Blackbeard(Attack) and Legend Zoro(HP).

bjork

Yeah, only ended up with 21 Sabo myself. Wanted 30-40, but I've become too lazy for things that don't have 2x stamina. :p

Only ended up with 2. I just haven't been playing that much. It's making my potential team pool suffer, because having everyone doesn't matter if they aren't all viable with skill levels and sockets, etc.

Majukun

i have a sacrifice to do if i wanna farm pica...some of the books i farmed must go..i have 4 candadates

- 3d2y nami
- elizabello
- darts usopp
- mansherry

who should go?

EMT0

Banned
i have a sacrifice to do if i wanna farm pica...some of the books i farmed must go..i have 4 candadates

- 3d2y nami
- elizabello
- darts usopp
- mansherry

who should go?

Elizabello is the easy pick because stalling more turns with a zombie team is just a given. Slightly higher CDs isn't the worst thing in the world and if you're using a zombie team, you've probably already committed to that idea.

EDIT: 250 days, P. Level 324. Not bad at all

Majukun

Elizabello is the easy pick because stalling more turns with a zombie team is just a given. Slightly higher CDs isn't the worst thing in the world and if you're using a zombie team, you've probably already committed to that idea.

EDIT: 250 days, P. Level 324. Not bad at all

so elizabello has no other uses outside of zombie teams?

so elizabello has no other uses outside of zombie teams?

If you stall for 40 turns, Elizabello's special does 700k damage to all enemies. You won't be using him much outside of trying to complete forests. The six turn difference between his initial and max special isn't going to make much of a difference.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Been only running Mansherry FN because of the little time i had for OPTC...hope i can max socket her before the FN leaves..only 3 sockets left.

Looking forward to Neo Miihawk...QCK and Free Sprit are a great combo.

Majukun

if neo mihawk comes to global with the same "remixes" that they gave him on japan,i SHOULD be able to defeat all 3 variants.

for driven i have both speed jil and story moria as the multi hitter

for slsher i can use atmos as the multi hitter and a friend inthawk to kill mihawk when he revives

for powerhouse all it does is prevent orb manipulation it seems..so it's either use a friend legend lucci or,if i use an havy dex team,use the basilisk.

bobohoro

Finished Colo Kid, used one despair tome for sanity's sake.
Now to decide between Saga, Musshuru or sockets for RR Kid. Not really sure, but might just do Saga since I can easily Shiryu him.

EMT0

Banned
Been only running Mansherry FN because of the little time i had for OPTC...hope i can max socket her before the FN leaves..only 3 sockets left.

I'm in the same boat, although I ran Colo Kid before I started on her FN. I'm only about half done with her sockets sadly. But I'm more than willing to drop a few gems on her since I need her sockets, plus all the RR/Croc books I can get.

ExVicis

Finished Colo Kid, used one despair tome for sanity's sake.
Now to decide between Saga, Musshuru or sockets for RR Kid. Not really sure, but might just do Saga since I can easily Shiryu him.

I'm in the same boat, although I ran Colo Kid before I started on her FN. I'm only about half done with her sockets sadly. But I'm more than willing to drop a few gems on her since I need her sockets, plus all the RR/Croc books I can get.

Not quite in the same boat but similar, just been running Afro Luffy fortnight for sockets on TS Luffy. I prefer it since I can double stam it.

MiTYH

I've got about 50 colo kid. He's at Skill level 1, so... here's hoping I can max him this time and be done with him forever

Pica raid is all day today, hoping for some good skill ups as well. Thank god it's this week, I'm really hurting for boxspace again. Skillbook space improvement when?

EDIT: I'm sure there's a more efficient Pica team but I'm enjoying my Double Sengoku, GPU, Breed, Lola, and v2Coby. Works well, only basic stalling, and plenty of time to win on the final stage

bjork

I'm glad that Pica is pretty easy, I'm kinda not paying attentions as I play. Though, I did get killed by cannon guy on the stage before the warning about cannon guys... heh.

RedBoot

EDIT: I'm sure there's a more efficient Pica team but I'm enjoying my Double Sengoku, GPU, Breed, Lola, and v2Coby. Works well, only basic stalling, and plenty of time to win on the final stage

Ha, that's almost exactly what I'm running, I'm just using Kaku instead of Coby for the slightly better type coverage (but mostly because my Kaku has more useful sockets for this team).

Really, my main problem with this raid is that it can be a bit slow with the cannon warnings and Pica's type changing. Such is the first world problems of 40stamina raids, all about how quickly you can run them instead of actually being able to clear them. :p

Majukun

Wow, that's incredible. You just wait for him to turn INT and then kill him that turn?

no,you can kill him with every color really

sw shanks x2
raid boa
raid tesoro
senor pink
impact usopp

you just use all the specials beside shanks' at the boss stage and burst
just to be extra safe i usually throw away 1 or 2 turns attacking him, but you should be able to otk him in 1 turn anyway..if he turns int it's a joke but it isn't needed

here's the team in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPfXZgHAGcU

RedBoot

Did we laugh at this bad sugo yet?

I actually only have 2 of the available legends, so in theory it would be a good one for me...but yeah, there's not enough other incentives in there, and with Shirahoshi batch and other potential stuff on the horizon, it's not worth it. Will do just the usual one pull.

I actually kind of wanted to do one pull on the Summer Boa et al banner as well, just for fun, but I forgot about it and now it's gone. Probably for the best.

Majukun

I actually only have 2 of the available legends, so in theory it would be a good one for me...but yeah, there's not enough other incentives in there, and with Shirahoshi batch and other potential stuff on the horizon, it's not worth it. Will do just the usual one pull.

I actually kind of wanted to do one pull on the Summer Boa et al banner as well, just for fun, but I forgot about it and now it's gone. Probably for the best.

out of curiosity i checked the shirahoshi batch in the database and they don't look too good..especially compared to the previous batch ..the only standout seems to be caribou that it's an enel without the hp reduction

RedBoot

out of curiosity i checked the shirahoshi batch in the database and they don't look too good..especially compared to the previous batch ..the only standout seems to be caribou that it's an enel without the hp reduction

Neptune's probably the big one due to his XP boost captain ability. He's basically like Haruta/Buggy in that if you can clear a fortnight or other content with him, you may as well.

Fukaboshi and Caribou both have versatile attack boosts. Shyarly and Vander Decken are a little more situational (Shyarly probably becomes the default 2.5x captain over Whitey Bay, though 2.5x attack captains don't really see as much use these days).

no,you can kill him with every color really

sw shanks x2
raid boa
raid tesoro
senor pink
impact usopp

you just use all the specials beside shanks' at the boss stage and burst
just to be extra safe i usually throw away 1 or 2 turns attacking him, but you should be able to otk him in 1 turn anyway..if he turns int it's a joke but it isn't needed

here's the team in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPfXZgHAGcU

Even easier if you use a Borsalino FC over a SW Shanks. His CA makes it so you have to stall 1 less turn and his special will put his CA multiplier at 3x (as opposed to Shanks 2.75x) and it completely destroys Pica's hit barrier, and it doesn't even need to be fully charged to use. Pica dies before you can even use your full combo.

bobohoro

I pretty much just run a double LegLucci team and tear through it. I can miss, can mess up my specials and still win easy and fast.
Got 17 Pica with 1 gem and a level-up, will leave it at that since I only need 5 more skill-ups.

Was actually kinda interested in the sugo, since PH/Driven/Slasher are my three main classes that I use, but yeah, didn't turn out that great. Will do a few singles to see if something fun decides to drop.

Top Bottom