• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

RedBoot

I finally tried one of those unlockable quests (because why wait to evolve Whitebeard when I can not wait instead?), and the drops on them are actually pretty solid. Seven waves, a seemingly guaranteed secret elder stage, and the rates seem weighted in favor of the daimyos and the final stage elder. Ended up with 19 elders, 48 daimyos, and only 10 baby turtles. Not too bad for one gem that was immediately refunded with the first clear bonus. Though I'll have to spend another for stamina for colo runs.

Myze

Did two multis. Don't remember what I got specifically with each one. Did get two red papers on the first, one on the second.

Didn't get TS Luffy (already have Akainu), but did get TS Zoro, IntHawk and Ace.

The TS Zoro will help a lot with QCK fights, otherwise I'll use my STR Akainu team. Guessing IntHawk is a great sub for TS Zoro team, too, right? Not that I have the team cost to have multiple 55's and still have 3 other 30's.

Also, don't really have any good Slasher units other than those two. Will have to go with Arlong and Shiryu. I don't even have a 5th Slasher unit at the moment.

Other notables on the pulls: Shiryu, Hack, Elizabello, TS Franky, Ikaros Much.

I need a healer to use all these CC's on.

mileS

I finally tried one of those unlockable quests (because why wait to evolve Whitebeard when I can not wait instead?), and the drops on them are actually pretty solid. Seven waves, a seemingly guaranteed secret elder stage, and the rates seem weighted in favor of the daimyos and the final stage elder. Ended up with 19 elders, 48 daimyos, and only 10 baby turtles. Not too bad for one gem that was immediately refunded with the first clear bonus. Though I'll have to spend another for stamina for colo runs.

Damn thats really good actually. Great with the new boost to xp. I've only unlocked some of the evolver's recently. Getting your gem back for the first clear is great. I'll have to try the turtle ones soon.

Shame I only have 10 gems left after Sugo last night. I should save because I'd like to finish Sabo and finally get Doffy maxed later this month. Having that 2nd Anniversary Ship up for Doffy is going to be PERFECT.

Speaking of perfect. Anniversary Ace?! Finally. For someone without TS Brook this is a dream. Apoo is great and all, but you can get owned with him sometimes. Side bonus is Ace is only 20 cost. That's a really good Sengoku unit as well.

Ugh no drive to play today. Always some cooling off time after a sugo-burn

I hear ya. The TS Brook batch really burned me hard. I'm on a budget and I ended up buying a lot of gems with not much to show for it. I'm just forcing myself to no longer spend money on this game. If I do it will be light. Like 15-20 gems for farming a raid or some event coming up.

bobohoro

Colo Kid has been kind with skill-ups, already at a CD of 18 and only spend one gem.
Though sockets are only at 2/2/1, obviously.
And still would need to socket RR Kid as well.

Invasion Shanks happened 3 times, cleared him easily with Double Shiryu/Shiki/Doffy/TS Nami/Marco.
Only gotten one skill-up, but eh, he's a reaaaaally long term project anyway.

Thought about gemming a bit, but too tired. Will throw 2 or 3 singles tomorrow instead.

RedBoot

Invasion Shanks happened 3 times, cleared him easily with Double Shiryu/Shiki/Doffy/TS Nami/Marco.
Only gotten one skill-up, but eh, he's a reaaaaally long term project anyway.

I'm really fighting the temptation to not just use Double Shiryu on all these colos. :p The 2x stamina helps make up for the slowness, and I'm not sure if I have a Shanks team otherwise without TS Nami.

Majukun

i only failed one invasion shanks due to bringing him under 30% by mistake...and it was the one time a skull dropped :(

ExVicis

Anniversary Ace could not be coming at a better time for me, I don't have much in the way of Free-Spirit Attack boosters besides Apoo and he's far from having a usable Special for me. But I am going to have to try to get more Shanks ambushes to get his special more in a decent turn range and I'll have myself a real nice TS Luffy team.

Although I recall hearing something about the Anni Ace stage being real difficult? Is it something I need to get a team ready for?

Kyou

I'm itching to see if my Zoro slasher team + nami can take out Shanks but he is mia after the one ambush

Edit: I also did some angry singles and got Sw Franky and Elizabello. Contemplating using a meat on Elizabello to get him forest ready but that feels wasteful

RedBoot

Edit: I also did some angry singles and got Sw Franky and Elizabello. Contemplating using a meat on Elizabello to get him forest ready but that feels wasteful

I was originally planning to only ever use meats on legends, but I have six of the damn things in my box now and more meats will almost certainly outpace my own legend pulls.

Still, RRs would be a "waste" of 1 million of the xp. I'd use one on YWB since he'd make a solid beatstick and I'm undecided if I'm really going to pursue his skill-ups, but my best Striker or Powerhouse captain right now is normal Whitebeard, so he wouldn't be much use there.

KITpQPr.jpg

Ayyyyyeeee! He's just about done! Sengoku has been my secret MVP for Invasion Shanks. 2x stamina is a godsend btw. I just need the yellow skull to come out for my Sabo and I'll be able to rock a pretty good FS team. Now to figure out what I'm supposed to do with these 8 red and 5 blue skulls I have wasting space in my inventory.

Majukun

Ayyyyyeeee! He's just about done! Sengoku has been my secret MVP for Invasion Shanks. 2x stamina is a godsend btw. I just need the yellow skull to come out for my Sabo and I'll be able to rock a pretty good FS team. Now to figure out what I'm supposed to do with these 8 red and 5 blue skulls I have wasting space in my inventory.

wow,how many did you farm?

wow,how many did you farm?

Today I think I farmed 12 total to get the 4 skill ups I needed to finish him, which worked out nicely because I skill maxed my Musshuru at the same time. The most I farmed at once was something like 23 copies when he was here during the Aokiji raid and I had a really easy team for it. Before then I know I farmed 8 copies from the Enel raid. I don't remember if I got more copies from other events but my skill up rate with him has been mostly average to slightly above average.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Wow congrats, what team did you use and what coliseum?

mileS

That's amazing. Congrats!

RedBoot

Oh shit! Qck Mihawk raid on global!

Well, with Korea getting that Legend Law first, I guess it's only fair Global gets a premier too.

Really interested in how many slots he's going to end up with. Regular Mihawk has one slot less than a 40stam boss, so I'm thinking this one will only have 2. Which is still pretty awesome for a unit like Mihawk.

Also, I wonder if we'll get Chopperman missions before then? They're kind of a big part of the Kai/Neo raids.

EDIT: Also, random thought: the first 4 Kai/Neo bosses are INT, STR, DEX, and QCK. So in theory the last one will be PSY. Excluding existing PSY bosses, the four bosses already used, and movie/multi character raids just because, that would leave the possibilities as Chopper, Blackbeard, Ivankov, Enel, Duval, Luffy, Kuma, Kizaru, Sabo, Akainu, Magellan, and Bellamy. Some of those are unlikely for various reasons (PSY Raid Enel doesn't compare too well to Impact Usopp), so I'll hazard a guess as Duval, Kuma, or Sabo.

Kyou

Well, with Korea getting that Legend Law first, I guess it's only fair Global gets a premier too.

Really interested in how many slots he's going to end up with. Regular Mihawk has one slot less than a 40stam boss, so I'm thinking this one will only have 2. Which is still pretty awesome for a unit like Mihawk.

I'm fine even if he still has one slot, but 3 would be nice.

I'm just happy that I'll have an extremely strong Qck slasher for my Zoro team

RedBoot

WB6+ team works fairly well for Akainu (well, at least it does when I don't miss a perfect. Raid Aokiji may be atop my list of most often missed attackers). Probably a touch less reliable than SW Ace/Kuzan, but it's easier to run and my WB friend captains outnumber my Kuzan ones like 10 to 1.

This raid is still a hassle, but I think I actually have more use for Raid Akainu now with WB, so I guess I'll give it some gems.

Shame we just get Ace with no chance at the tomes. I hate when they do stuff like that.

What was the Ace Island like, anyway? From what I hear on Reddit it sounds like tomes rained from the sky. :p

EDIT: Found a video, has Vista, Jozu, and Marco midbosses and Ace as the boss. Would be fun to run this with a Powerhouse team and use 5+ Sanji on the Jozu stage and Raid Kuma against Ace. Would probably be a lot easier for us than it was for JPN. It does appear to drop set socket books and JPN had it during the Anniversary Sunny Ship event, of course.

Kyou

I finally have a team that can curb stomp Akainu. Doffy/Doffy/Gladius/Enel/Shiki/Trebol

it's impossible for me to lose unless I miss a perfect that are super easy to hit thanks to the doflamingo ship. Of course, I did have one loss so far. I had 13hp, used Enel, had 1 hp and Akainu killed me on the revive with the % health cut I forgot about. I deserved that.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
French Anni Event sounds amazing, but for some reason im not too excited about it. Now that i finished my Driven team i kinda reached my goal....might be time to slow down a bit, since i dotn feel like farming any Raids/Colos right now.

Congrats man - this is really impressive.

btw. What team did you use for Shanks with Sengoku being the MvP ?

RedBoot

Oh, also, another random thought, with all the Kai/Neo stuff going on: Aokiji Kai being DEX gives him versions in all five types, joining Luffy, Ace, Boa, Chopper, Brook, and Sanji in that club. Much like Boa, he reached it within his first five versions.

And not one of these Aokijis is badass Timeskip Aokiji. :(

Majukun

and once again global ges shit on compared to japan

- 2nd anni ship comes back...but just for trash content
- anni ace!...but no anni socket island
- mihawk kai temporary exclusive!...but we don't have the attacjhhed chopper missions that are half the reason to do those kai raids
- no skillup increase.....and still no skillup increase

the amount of contempt bandai must have for us baka gaijin is incredible...this is deliberate at this point.

bobohoro

Did my three single pulls with mixed feelings:

1st Pull: 3D2Y Zoro! Although it will be some time until he is usable, since I fed all my SBs after the sugo where he was triple(?) boosted and everyone got him except me. Also the release of TS Zoro/Brook make him a bit less awesome, but overall great pull.

2nd Pull: A RED POSTER! WHO IS IT? BLACKBEARD? FUJI? CAV?
Heck I would have been satisfied with any new legend.
But of course, you know what comes next.
Dupe Lucci.
Fuck this.
At least I'll easily get Wild Sanji now, but seeing the red poster and getting a Dupe with only having 2 Legends was a real low blow.

3rd Pull: Crocus. Yeah, guess I'm stopping now.

I'm really fighting the temptation to not just use Double Shiryu on all these colos. :p The 2x stamina helps make up for the slowness, and I'm not sure if I have a Shanks team otherwise without TS Nami.

Shiryu is my go-to for every colo stage that seems annoying and I*m too lazy to make up a team for a single stage. Farming with him is another story, although Colo Kid is easy since you can just whittle away at Kalifa and burst her last 40% and then use both Shiryus on Kid with Marco for safety if things are really bizarelly unlucky. I think I averaged below 5 minutes per run. And it really is nice getting an Invasion and having a totally safe team not relying on orb luck or tap timing.

and once again global ges shit on compared to japan

- 2nd anni ship comes back...but just for trash content
- anni ace!...but no anni socket island
- mihawk kai temporary exclusive!...but we don't have the attacjhhed chopper missions that are half the reason to do those kai raids
- no skillup increase.....and still no skillup increase

the amount of contempt bandai must have for us baka gaijin is incredible...this is deliberate at this point.

Agreed on the second anni ship and socket islands, although I'll wait on the other two things since there might be another update incoming, which usually are not in the event announcements.
Although I'm not too optimistic on that.

MiTYH

Single pull only today, got the RR Momonga, so that's nice at least. This sugo, if anything, got me the rest of that batch with momonga, coby, and garp

And I finally beat Akainu Raid! Needed a friend cavendish, which is in short supply, but it worked! So that's nice

Kyou

did Akainu until I physically couldn't last night to beat out the skill up ending. Got 5 skill ups, so he's a third done after one night

Think today I'll just save up for Le Crap and see if I can finish off TS Zoro's candy

mileS

Much like my GPU shenanigans, I think I'm literally the only person here that still needs to max raid Doffy... which means the 2nd anniversary ship isn't a waste for me. In fact it comes at a perfect time. That being said, I'm not selfish enough to realize how fucking lame it is for everyone else..

MiTYH

Much like my GPU shenanigans, I think I'm literally the only person here that still needs to max raid Doffy... which means the 2nd anniversary ship isn't a waste for me. In fact it comes at a perfect time. That being said, I'm not selfish enough to realize how fucking lame it is for everyone else..

You say that, but I'm come to realize more and more that both my Mihawk and Doffy would do better with AH sockets instead. Can't count the number of times I've kicked myself for it. So a while ago I started making second copies. It's... a far away dream, but with invasions, this is a good time to plow through the stages

RedBoot

I'm just going to wait for Neo Doffy to get AH sockets on a Doffy.

My DEX Raidhawk has AH sockets (only 2 tho), but I'm probably still going to go Bind/AH with QCK Raidhawk, assuming he has 2 sockets.

I do want to use the Anni Ship with Invasion Shanks though, if only for fun. Might be able to do a colo at least.

ExVicis

Nope I haven't maxed mine either. He's only at 17 turns right now.

Honestly every raid the Anni ship is up for is a raid I need to do. Kizaru every time I try to max him out I have horrendously bad luck while Heracles I've just completely neglected because I didn't have any Shooter or Cerebral teams I could even put him in. So it may not be the best raids that it's available but I'm still going to get a lot of mileage out of it all the same.

TheShah

2nd anniversary ship couldn't be here for sabo or boa raid with an ambush attached huh. I remember last time it was only here for really old raids too.

What exactly are the chopper man missions and when did Japan get them compared to global?

EMT0

Banned
Trying to get TS Zoro sockets farmed from Kimono Strawhats is going to turn me into a salt mine by the time I finish. I went 2 meats and a full stamina bar, and I only saw 2 Zoro drops. I'd have finished socketing TS Luffy by now if I'd pulled him with the number of Luffy drops I've gotten ;___;

mileS

Hit 500 days today :)

Thanks to this community for being extremely helpful and nice! This game can be pretty daunting to get into.

RedBoot

LOL, was giving Aokiji Forest a shot and lost to Sengoku on stage 19 because he's apparently one of the few enemies who triggers at 30% instead of 20% health. Hooray for instant death attacks near the end of a long quest. :p

bjork

I don't want to sound like a sour ass bastard, but I HATE running the coliseum stages the first times through. I'm doing these two new ones and I did the chaos versions first, so even though the other tiers are easier, it feels like such a slog. I wish there was some timesaver option that looked at your character levels and sockets or whatever and decided you could clear it, and you just automatically clear it.

Hana-Bi

Man running Croc for Colo/Shanks is brutal. I run a team with TS Nami, 3d2y Robin, Monet and legend Doffy for Musshuru. Wapol is no problem but I need orb luck for Musshuru to clear him. I could run the team with raid Kuma instead of Monet but then I need to keep my health above 9k to take a hit from Shanks...

Might just run my Shiryu team against Urouge for now...

RedBoot

Might just run my Shiryu team against Urouge for now...

Yeah, this is what I'm doing for now, since Shanks is only here this week (helps that I've never bothered to farm Urouge up til now either). I can farm Saga and Musshu later. With level 3 Despair resist it's incredibly easy to beat Urouge (and you kinda need that much Despair resist for Shanks anyway).

That being said, I finally had it happen. Lost to Shanks after missing Shiryu's special 15 times in a row. If I did the probability right, that only has about a 2% chance of happening. Oh well, live by the Shiryu, die by the Shiryu.

MiTYH

FINALLY have a good Kid team, thanks to my first legend getting some spotlight, LUCCI!

Lucci/Lucci
RaidKuma/3d2y Sanji
PsyMarco/RaidHawk

Stalling isn't bad for them to get to Kalfia without damage. I use the first Lucci special after the first turn, and it's enough time that if (and when) I mess up a burst on her I can still get good orbs after her action to do it again. Psy Marco is there in case the first damage burst doesn't happen and I need a heal for Kid, since 10k on the firs strike can hurt.

Then just activate specials and clear. If I had WB I'd replace RaidHawk with him, but this works well enough. Time to get farming!

EDIT: HOLY CRUD, I think this team can beat Shanks. I made it to him, but I thought I'd lose so I used Sanji too early. Turns out I lived, used Marco, lived out the despair, and probably could have beaten him. DAMNIT! Let's try again....

EMT0

Banned
15 gems and a lot of useless skillbooks later, Legend Zoro's sockets are done. I'm gambling on us not getting the Halloween fortnights until Halloween meaning that Kimono SH are the best bet for me. I'm starting to get low on gems, but I'm going in on Colo Kid once I clear all the hard stages. I probably should have put more effort into farming Invasion Shanks but I'm in no rush since the only Cerebral Legend on Global atm is Croc who I don't have a good team for, and for Free Spirit leads, Law is a pain in the ass to use, my Sabo's lacking sockets and skillups, and I don't have TS Luffy. But I am going to be hoarding 45 Kimono Luffy copies until the French Anniversary is over. Because you know. Dreams never die ;_____;7

Realtalk though, what do you guys think they'll do for the French Anniversary's Sugofest? I feel like we're going to get one of two things: Gear Fourth, or God Usopp. The way I see it, there's no way they'll hold on to Gear 4th all the way until the 3rd Anniversary on Global. It'd simply be way too long of a wait. Now, they could release him later this year at some random point in time. Or, they could speed up Gear 4th's release like they did for TS Luffy on Global and tie him into a big celebration Sugofest. I think it'd likely be a cold day in hell before Bandai gave us a guaranteed Gear 4th, but I can see them having a rate up on TS Luffy plus unlocking his Super Evolution towards the end of the event. Alternatively, I think God Usopp may be dropping to tie in with Mihawk Kai's release. On paper, Usopp shouldn't have much of a problem with him and it'd fit with what they did with Gear 4th and Doflamingo Kai. It's not like there's any other DEX Legends to promote in the near future, is there?

inb4 Bandai drops 6+ Ace on us out of nowhere

RedBoot

They definitely won't wait until 3rd anni for G4 on Global, it's way too far off. I'm not sure we'll get it for French anni though, I doubt they'll leapfrog both Shirahoshi and Usopp (though, of course, they've done such things before). I'm mostly just expecting Shirahoshi batch with maybe legend on 3rd multi or all-gold as the "celebration." Keepin' it reasonable. :p

But yeah, with Global and Korea both getting new stuff before Japan, there's really no telling. I will add that I'm kind of confused that we still don't have Sabo 6+. We got Boa in mid-April, we're way overdue for the next one.

At any rate, my current plan is to get over 150 gems, then maintain at least that much moving forward in case we get a good sugo with a 3rd multi legend. Either that or try for 300 in case we get the G4 on 6th multi deal. I'd even buy a chunk of gems to reach that if need be.

Hana-Bi

Finally, after 14 Shanks run without any skull drops I got another drop. :) And it was a blue one, so now I have 3 reds, 3 blues and 35 Shanks copies waiting for the skill increase...

Majukun

i fiish my first invasion shanks farm session wih 16 shanks,4 red skulls and 2 colo character basically already farmed (saga max skill and socket, musshuru lack 1 socket and 3 skillups,and i have 15 of his books in the storage)

if this was japan,next clash of clashes would have had the thousand sunny available for all of it and the raid would have has an invasion chance..instead..nothing

i will complete shanks in 2025

RedBoot

You guys are having better luck than me. In 36 Urouge runs, I've only had 4 ambushes (and I lost one of them). At those rates, it almost doesn't make sense to try for them unless it's 2x stamina, at least I have 6 Shanks to show for it.

Part of what bothers me about invasions is that there's no way to "throw money" at it, as in choosing to spend resources to guarantee success. I wanted to max Shiki, so I spent around 10-15 gems to make sure I did. With invasions, even if I do a bunch of runs I'm limited by how many I end up with, and there's a limit to the number of runs I can realistically do in a weekend (and I actually had decent free time this weekend).

Now, if we had invasions on all colos, I could just shoot for 5 or so Shanks per week and get enough to max him in 3-4 months. But we can't even do that. And I'm not even going to touch on our skill up rates. :p Rant rant.

Top Bottom