• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Onechanbara Z2 announced for PS4

Whats the best existing Oneechanbara game?

Whats the best existing Oneechanbara game not on 360?

VorteX (Bikini Samurai Squad) or Z Kagura with NoNoNo. VorteX is a great entry game which does well to be like the games before it but make some changes to how it works overall. Playing Z Kagura right behind it and you'll appreciate the subtle & not-so differences as it tries to break from its roots and improve the quality of the series the best it can.

If your PS2 still works, I recommend Oneechanpon. It's a re-release of Oneechanbara 2 with additional characters, costumes and other stuff. I enjoyed it much more than Oneechanbara Z Kagura.
http://www.d3p.co.jp/s_20/s20_101.html

If you have to play a PS2 version then this would be the version. Even though its mostly like the games before it does fix the most of the nagging issues that the original version had and add extra stuff as well.

This also came out in Europe as Zombie Hunters 2 if you still feel inclined to pick up a version of the game that you do have another option.

get

This is what I've been waiting for!

synce

Great news. I wasn't planning on buying a PS4 until 2015 but I may have to move it up to 2014 now

Doubtful. How many do these games sell? I can't see it moving consoles.

It's a joke. There's a reason why these devs are the first to jump into the hardware, that being their games are the niche of the niche.

Bar an unexpected megahit out-of-nowhere like Monster Hunter PSP, the only game with the potential to save Japan is FFXV.

And even that is only a potential. It cannot be just a great FF, it needs to be balls-to-the-wall amazing to the extent that it significantly reignites interest for FF across the board in Japan.

I've been on the fence between buying a PS4 and Xbone, though I've been leaning toward the Xbone lately. This is the kind of game that would make me buy a PS4 instead, but it's probably never getting released in NA, so...sorry, Sony!

I'll probably just buy a PS3 and import Onechanbara Z. That's playable in English, right?

Tohsaka

I've been on the fence between buying a PS4 and Xbone, though I've been leaning toward the Xbone lately. This is the kind of game that would make me buy a PS4 instead, but it's probably never getting released in NA, so...sorry, Sony!

I'll probably just buy a PS3 and import Onechanbara Z. That's playable in English, right?

As playable as this one would be in Japanese, probably.

Looks like I found my first import purchase for the PS4. Don't need to read japanese if all there is to it is to hack and slash. Words be damned.

Was Onechanbara Z region free? I remember wanting to get it when it was announced, but then I completely forgot it existed.

Edit: Nevermind I see it got a PS3 version, so region free-ness is a non-issue. Definitely going to pick that up.

On the internet everyone is Japanese.

Fine.

"It's your fault because you didn't learn Japanese, didn't buy a Japanese console to bolster the Japanese install base, and didn't import console games from Japan, causing Japanese big publishers to ignore the console space over the mobile space, thus creating this situation where the only console exclusives announced for the platform for year 1 are all less-than-desirable titles."

なぜあなたは日本人になっていませんでした!

あなただけが日本で生まれた場合に...

/s

Biker19

Banned
I can't wait! :)

This is exactly what Japanese 3rd party publishers need to be doing: Making games like this PS4 exclusive.

K.Sabot

Now all we need is a new PS4 Bullet Witch and we're golden!

Bullet Witch wasn't the worst game in the world, and having it actually run good would be pretty cool. That game did some fun things with scale that more modern games don't try anymore in favor of prettier looking corridors.

I really liked blowing up gas stations and telekenetically throwing the building pieces around.

Biker19

Banned
As long as we are being unreasonable do you want the moon too?

Why not? Tons of fans of the Disgaea series made an outcry about Disgaea 3 on PS3 looking like a PS2 game. Therefore, Nippon Ichi Software improved the visuals for Disgaea 4 on the platform to make it look like a PS3 game.

Same can happen with any other game.

Drayco21

I played an hour of that last one on the 360 because a friend insisted it was hilarious, and he wasn't wrong. I doubt I'll buy it, but I might eventually give it a shot.

Koppai

Just realized they are the same developers behind the Senran Kagura series. This is cool news, the more Japanese games for PS4 the better.

Top Bottom