• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Onepunch-Man |OT| only S-Class heroes allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiller

7d0dfe4326.png

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Glad to see it doing so well. Hopefully Murata keeps up a good pace with releases and that him and ONE don't go too crazy with new content and if they do make it as good as the latest battle with MB.

If this tournament arc doesn't go toe long we should be getting into the best parts of the Group arcs.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm really hoping the martial arts tournament isn't just Saitama fucking up all these random martial artists. Though a few of them seem like they could have some potential for a few funny or decent fights if it isn't Saitama just blowing them away.

Also seems like we may get an added content about Garou taking on
Watch Dog Man
which was not in ONE's original version.

Finalow

yeah it is interesting how she mentions
Blast, [ブラ]スト in japanese.
maybe we'll finally get to see something about that.

msv

Webcomic c103 spoiler:
Blast revealed!! Say whaaat!

Dude is just like Saitama. I wonder if he has the same, or a different power set. But this was 18 years ago, so there were heroes then already, and mysterious beings, but no Hero Association.

kewlmyc

Blast revealed!! Say whaaat!

Dude is just like Saitama. I wonder if he has the same, or a different power set. But this was 18 years ago, so there were heroes then already, and mysterious beings, but no Hero Association.
Could be possible that the Hero Association gave him the title of S Rank 1 and he's never bothered to show up.

Ambitious

I've finally read the manga over the course of the last few weeks until chapter 55 or so. I'm a bit disappointed. Initially, it was indeed pretty funny, but at some point it started to drag on and on. Nothing exciting happens, and I feel like there's barely any plot development anymore.
A monster appears in some city, Saitama defeats it. Garou attacks a hero. Fubuki fears losing her position. Rinse and repeat.
I planned to watch the anime at some point after finishing the manga, but I'm not so sure anymore.

edit: Oops. This was supposed to go into the TV thread because its more active, but I posted in the wrong tab. Oh dear.

Finalow

Could be possible that the Hero Association gave him the title of S Rank 1 and he's never bothered to show up.
use spoiler tags for that stuff. :' (

this thread is so dead we even get ''oops, wanted to post in the anime OT about the manga instead of here'' posts, Lol. I guess it doesn't help if there is very little to discuss about (ONE is so goddamn slow) and most of the people just post in the other thread

msv

use spoiler tags for that stuff. :' (

this thread is so dead we even get ''oops, wanted to post in the anime OT about the manga instead of here'' posts, Lol. I guess it doesn't help if there is very little to discuss about (ONE is so goddamn slow) and most of the people just post in the other thread
Did not realize this topic wasn't for up to date web comic stuff! Sorry!

Seems to be getting more time in between chapters, for the original and the redraw. Wonder if something's up?

Also, ONE has his own style, and I gotta say, something is lost in translation with the Murata redraw. Every time I read interviews with ONE and Murata something seems off about their team-up. Or maybe that's just me projecting my desire for ONE to keep full control :p I'm not sure if the changes to the story in the redraw really add anything, except making it more like a standard shonen.

Finalow

Did not realize this topic wasn't for up to date web comic stuff! Sorry!

Seems to be getting more time in between chapters, for the original and the redraw. Wonder if something's up?

Also, ONE has his own style, and I gotta say, something is lost in translation with the Murata redraw. Every time I read interviews with ONE and Murata something seems off about their team-up. Or maybe that's just me projecting my desire for ONE to keep full control :p I'm not sure if the changes to the story in the redraw really add anything, except making it more like a standard shonen.
as I wrote in the OP it's for both the manga and the webcomic, so there might be people who only read the manga and want to check out the thread. (that's what I thought when I first opened this thread anyway, lol)

ONE is being so slow with this because he's giving Mob Psycho 100 priority, as you can see that gets new chapters more frequently. I shouldn't even complain since I like Mob Psycho 100 more : p

PreFire

Loving the dub version. Shit is even funnier to me.

Now I can watch full animation without having to read subs :)

turmoil

Banned
I caught up the webcomic because I wanted to see my boy
Watchdog Man fighting Garou
lol

0057_5_013.jpg

Someday

Are the new arcs and side-stories of the manga considered canon?

The dub is superb so far

Also Tatsumaki best girl

hoggert

Thanks for reminding me how much I hate Murata; that panel is just a throw away tease/setup and it's just about perfect.

turmoil

Banned
I think so since ONE is working with Murata on all the new stuff they're adding.

Good, but I wonder if this new stuff could generate discrepancies between the manga and webcomic in the long run.

e.g. IIRC Metal Bat's little sister was not mentioned in the webcomic, in there he mentions his cat Tama as motive to be hurried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom