• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ono says they have some surprises for Street Fighter fans for the 30th Anniversary

poodaddy

Cvs2, Third Strike Online,MVC2, and Alpha 2 Gold and 3 Max all ported to PS4/XBONE and Steam please. Fuck it; dream big.

A Hadouken instead of a Shoryuken when taking a picture with everybody. Surprise!

Honestly, maybe classic SF character DLC in SFV to go along with Season 2 since that only has new characters and also maybe a SF character reveal in MvCI. An Alpha or SF3 series collection on PS4/XB1/Switch/Steam would be nice though.

Street Fighter 1 HD, 50 bucks.

I know you're being sarcastic but I would love to see a remake of SF1. Conisdering that the original SF plays little to the quality of SF2 on, it would,be cool to see:

-All characters selectable
-new fighting engine (even if it copies SF2/Alpha)
-new sprite art and stages
-different way of stage select
-new bonus stages (still can't get that Ryu stone game to work properly)
-new endings and Easter eggs that give small nods to the future of the series

I'd love to see this as a $30-40 title. If any game desperately needs a do-over, it's the original SF

MAtgS

I know you're being sarcastic but I would love to see a remake of SF1. Conisdering that the original SF plays little to the quality of SF2 on, it would,be cool to see:

-All characters selectable
-new fighting engine (even if it copies SF2/Alpha)
-new sprite art and stages
-different way of stage select
-new bonus stages (still can't get that Ryu stone game to work properly)
-new endings and Easter eggs that give small nods to the future of the series

I'd love to see this as a $30-40 title. If any game desperately needs a do-over, it's the original SF
Crazy idea: Chun-Li's dad as a newcomer. He would be someone unique to SSF1 since he obviously can't be in any other game.

I don't have much faith in modern Capcom, but my dream would be if the first three Street Fighter series (II, Zero, III) got the Street Fighter Zero: Fighters Generation treatment.

Essentially, arcade perfect ports of each entry in the series, and an additional "Hyper" mode that allows you to choose any character from any version of the series. With scanlines enabled.

scl9fFb.gif

You win. This slayed me.

Blueblur1

Bumping this to remind folks that Capcom didn't announce anything meaningful for Street Fighter during E3. All they did was run an hour long stream where they showed three new costumes and didn't even have a release date to give at the end of the stream.

So Ono's tease has yet to amount to anything.

Oersted

Bumping this to remind folks that Capcom didn't announce anything meaningful for Street Fighter during E3. All they did was run an hour long stream where they showed three new costumes and didn't even have a release date to give at the end of the stream.

I didn't know this was a bump and my instant guess was this means costumes.

Floex

That's not to say nothing is coming, just the timing of when.

Plans change.

VariantX

the surprise is that maybe they'll release those ibuki and alex costumes this year.

Just realized that we're almost coming up on what 8-9 months ago when they showed those off? There better be a good reason for not releasing those already and NO the 30th anniversary bullshit is not a good excuse for it. If they weren't ready to release them, then they shouldn't have shown them off that early.

JusDoIt

Thanks for reminding us to be disappointed I guess.

Just realized that we're almost coming up on what 8-9 months ago when they showed those off? There better be a good reason for not releasing those already and NO the 30th anniversary bullshit is not a good excuse for it. If they weren't ready to release them, then they shouldn't have shown them off that early.

People complained Capcom wasn't "communicating" enough so Capcom showed off stuff they were working on. The Thailand stage just came out last update which was also shown at the same time as the costumes. Probably those costumes are part of a pack/lump of they are gonna release. Internally they have milestones/schedule they are trying to hit and stuff gets pushed back sometimes which people can't grasp if you look back at last years SFV threads when Capcom released the roadmap schedule. All the costumes and some of the DLC characters are made by outsourcers/freelancers so they get done at different times if they plan to release them all at once as part as an update they have to wait till the others are done. This isn't something exclusive to Capcom they just made the mistake of showing people something that wasn't coming for a while. This is why companies don't show early builds or what they are working on.

After hundreds of SFV threads on Neo-Gaf some of the worst things Capcom has done with SFV according to people who come and post in them is no story mode at launch, no arcade, give people the option to unlock stuff for free via Fight Money (Why can't I get everything for free) and a release schedule to tell people what they are planning (Why are they late).

When you look at MVCi business model looks like they learned from SFV. Story mode from the start, maybe has arcade mode?(not sure), NO fight money (pay for everything if your gonna complain about it), no schedule for releasing DLC characters yet (release when ready). The game looks like shit graphically though probably because making that story mode took a chunk of the resources/budget so all of it is irrelevant the game will probably not do well.

McCHitman

Banned
reimagined Iconic stages from SF2.

With every new game I hate that the returning characters don't have a variation of their stages from SF2(especially)

I don't know why, but the new games seem like the locations aren't tied to the characters at all, but back in the day, you knew when that plane flew to spain, there was gonna be a cage, and the USSR was gonna give you that industrial site. Bring it back!

Lulubop

You should have bumped this remind us there was supposed to a be a new character out this month.

Top Bottom