• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ono says they have some surprises for Street Fighter fans for the 30th Anniversary

Hutchie

Street fighter v for vita???

they should unveil the s2 dlc characters, arcade mode and thailand sf 2 but i am prepared for crushing disappointment

Neoxon

"We've heard your complaints about Street Fighter V being absolute shit. Announcing today, Street Fighter VI! PC/PS4/X1/Switch with cross play between all platforms featuring Ibuki with her original move set and Ken with hair that does not resemble bananas. Street Fighter V servers are being shut down and everyone is getting refunds for our half-baked attempt at a competent release."

Is about the only surprise from Ono that would make me happy at this point.
Yeah, don't expect SFVI until 2022 at the least, & I somewhat doubt that the Switch would get the game.

Nephtes

Yeah, don't expect SFVI until 2022 at the least, & I somewhat doubt that the Switch would get the game.

I don't know, Switch is getting Ultra Street Fighter II, Capcom shows willingness to put something on the system. Meanwhile, Xbox can't even get USFIV or SFIII3S in backwards compatibility...
I don't expect Street Fighter to ever grace an Xbox platform again honestly...

Neoxon

I don't know, Switch is getting Ultra Street Fighter II, Capcom shows willingness to put something on the system. Meanwhile, Xbox can't even get USFIV or SFIII3S in backwards compatibility...
I don't expect Street Fighter to ever grace an Xbox platform again honestly...
But at the same time, while the Switch does support UE4, something like SFV may be asking a bit too much of the Switch. Obviously we won't know for sure since Sony has SFV on lock-down & the Switch 2 would likely be on the horizon by the time SFVI is even announced. Maybe if the Switch can handle MvCI, there'd be some hope.

That said, I feel like USFII was Capcom throwing the Switch a bone since SFV is a PS4 console exclusive.

LakeEarth

Just announce the next DLC character already!

And give FANG and Rashid a decent premium costume! For godsake, Mika and Chun have enough!

LaserHawk

My hope is that SFV's prominent issues get resolved for good.

Same here. The best thing they can do is make me not regret buying SF5. And for me, that means adding Arcade Mode in, with endings for each character. There are other little things they can fix, too.

Neoxon

Same here. The best thing they can do is make me not regret buying SF5. And for me, that means adding Arcade Mode in, with endings for each character. There are other little things they can fix, too.
Considering that we already have the Character Stories & the Cinematic Story Mode, I wouldn't get your hopes up for Arcade Mode endings (though I could see Capcom splicing the Character Story scenes into Arcade Mode). That said, Arcade Mode's development was leaked via PC datamining last October.

HardRojo

My hope is that SFV's prominent issues get resolved for good.

Same here, it's been almost a year, it's time to get an actual substantial update to bring the game up to what was expected at launch. I'm guessing those surprises include the characters from the season pass.

LaserHawk

Considering that we already have the Character Stories & the Cinematic Story Mode, I wouldn't get your hopes up for Arcade Mode endings (though I could see Capcom splicing the Character Story scenes into Arcade Mode). That said, Arcade Mode's development was leaked via PC datamining last October.

The story in "Story Mode" was so unsatisfying. It was more like "We all had a wacky adventure!"

Then again, Street Fighter's story is getting so dumb that I probably shouldn't care. I just want a motivation to beat Arcade Mode with each character. In the past, the endings did that. If each character got one additional costume that way, that might be good enough for me.

KAL2006

Banned
Because Season 2 is all new characters save for Akuma

They should have a separate DLC.

Call it 30th Anniversary DLC. And release characters from each series throughout the year along with classic stages and costumes

This should start after Season 2.
February - Character 2
March - Character 3
April - Character 4
May - Character 5
June - Character 6 (Season 2 ends)

30th Anniversary DLC

July
- Retsu
- Japan Stage Remade
- SF1 Birdie and Ryu Costumes

August
- Blanka
- SF2 Bison and Ken Stages Remade
- SF2 Dhalsim and Balrog Costumes

September
- Sakura
- SFA3 Stormy Grass Stage Remade
- SFA Chunli and Karin Costumes

October
- Oro
- Third Strike Urien Stage Remade
- SF3 Ibuki and Alex Costumes

November
- C. Viper
- Beautiful Bay Stage Remade
- SF4 Juri Costume

Street Fighter 1 HD, 50 bucks.

A remake of SF1 would be pretty awesome. Especially if they made a custom arcade joystick with the 2 giant buttons you have to basically punch.

Call it 30th Anniversary DLC. And release characters from each series throughout the year along with classic stages and costumes

February - Character 2
March - Character 3
April - Character 4
May - Character 5

30th Anniversary DLC

July
- Retsu
- Japan Stage Remade
- SF1 Birdie and Ryu Costumes

August
- Blanka
- SF2 Bison and Ken Stages Remade
- SF2 Dhalsim and Balrog Costumes

September
- Sakura
- SFA3 Stormy Grass Stage Remade
- SFA Chunli and Karin Costumes

October
- Oro
- Third Strike Urien Stage Remade
- SF3 Ibuki and Alex Costumes

November
- C. Viper
- Beautiful Bay Stage Remade
- SF4 Juri Costume

This post made me laugh. Maybe if the game had record sales or Capcom actually had money.

February - Character 2
March - Character 3
April - Character 4
May - Character 5

hahahahahah this will never happen s2 ends in September or October.. season1.... America and Japan Capcom had some communication issues, America said 1 character/Month, Japan, we never said that, but in the end they tried their best to accomplish that goal, S2 they haven't said anything about character release time frame..

Jawmuncher

I already got Juri. The only exciting thing for me character wise would be Q. But the Season 2 roster has already scratched that from being a thing.

Aside from that, the only other thing I would like to see is maybe another sort of collection of the older games on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. At the very least Third strike as a BC title.
Then some of the VS titles getting rereleased would be cool as well. Such as CVS, XVSF, and what not.

Street Fighter 1 Japan Stage remade

For a million fight money

30 anniversary is a big deal

But seriously it would be cool if we just got a Street Fighter Collection

Ultra Street Fighter 1 (be able to select all characters)
Ultra Street Fighter 2
Ultra Street Fighter 3 (add in stages from previous games and be able to select previous versions of characters)
Ultra Street Fighter Alpha (this was a special mode in Alpha Anthology, expand on it)
Ultra Street Fighter 4

I would be so down for this. But I would hope that they also include the vanilla competitively viable games too (SF2CE, ST, SFA2, 3rd Strike). And online play for all of them of course. Give it a MCC style unified UI so you can quickly jump between games. That would be so dope.

DR2K

Banned
A remake of SF1 would be pretty awesome. Especially if they made a custom arcade joystick with the 2 giant buttons you have to basically punch.

This post made me laugh. Maybe if the game had record sales or Capcom actually had money.

Making character and stages people want, makes money. So obviously Capcom won't do as they are and have been. . .

Top Bottom