• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ono says they have some surprises for Street Fighter fans for the 30th Anniversary

fernoca

Bumping this to remind folks that Capcom didn't announce anything meaningful for Street Fighter during E3. All they did was run an hour long stream where they showed three new costumes and didn't even have a release date to give at the end of the stream.

So Ono's tease has yet to amount to anything.
Well, Ultra Street Fighter II was announced after this thread was posted and is part of the anniversary (logo and everything). ;p

Was released close to E3 also (late in May). XD

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The surprise will be more maintenance downtime.

cordy

Banned
giphy.gif

Village

Bumping this to remind folks that Capcom didn't announce anything meaningful for Street Fighter during E3. All they did was run an hour long stream where they showed three new costumes and didn't even have a release date to give at the end of the stream.

So Ono's tease has yet to amount to anything.
Those costume apparently come out today

What the fuck does Capcom have against RivalSchools? Jesus Christ. I don't expect RS news for SF anniversary, but still. Throw us a bone.

Raitaro

Also, obviously the surprise was the Switch game. So why bump this?

To be fair, Shoryuken did report that Ultra SFII was not everything planned for the anniversary. They could of course have been misinformed back then but I'm holding out some hope for more surprises (even if those will probably end in disappointment as usual).

Edit: A bit more info can be found on IGN, with a quote by Ono that might give some hope: “Around E3 timing, maybe even San Diego Comic-Con, we have one or two surprises we hope our fans will look forward to.”

SDCC is still coming up around July 20th I believe so maybe they will have more stuff there? Or at Evo of course, as mentioned below.

Neoxon

Ew gross. Street fighter graphics have been shit since IV, they need to go back to 2D.

My dream is SFVI takes place post 3rd Strike with a similar (cell shaded if necessary) art style.
2D sprites would cost a shit-ton to make, plus Capcom wouldn't be able to sell alternate costumes.

As for SFVI, while I wouldn't expect it until 2022 at the earliest, SFV did leave the door open for Capcom to move past 3rd Strike in the timeline.

Gimme Third Strike on PS4, or Switch!!
Or both

Ew gross. Street fighter graphics have been shit since IV, they need to go back to 2D.

My dream is SFVI takes place post 3rd Strike with a similar (cell shaded if necessary) art style.

Nah. Ryu, Chun-Li, Cammy, Bison all look good in SFV. There are just instances where things are done weird, like Ken's face, the hair of half the cast, and yeah, some ugly characters (Alex), but personally SFIV is the ugly game.

Lulubop

To be fair, Shoryuken did report that Ultra SFII was not everything planned for the anniversary. They could of course have been misinformed back then but I'm holding out some hope for more surprises (even if those will probably end in disappointment as usual).

Edit: A bit more info can be found on IGN, with a quote by Ono that might give some hope: “Around E3 timing, maybe even San Diego Comic-Con, we have one or two surprises we hope our fans will look forward to.”

SDCC is still coming up around July 20th I believe so maybe they will have more stuff there? Or at Evo of course, as mentioned below.

Oops, yea. Seems you're right

Top Bottom