• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

I love some of these player pics

player_37337.png

Manuel Peguero, the 2nd coming of Babe Ruth.

.322/.370/.660 - 1.030 OPS. 129 Runs, SIXTY TWO HOME RUNS, 126 RBI, 8.5 mothaeffin WAR playing a 60 rated 1B.

He had 10 more home runs than runner-up Joey Gallo.

Making $508k.

MEANWHILE

The real Manuel Peguero looks like was released from the Dodgers Dominican League team after posting a .143/.195/.195 slash line in 2015 in 82 plate appearances.

synchronicity

Gold Member
Manuel Peguero, the 2nd coming of Babe Ruth.

.322/.370/.660 - 1.030 OPS. 129 Runs, SIXTY TWO HOME RUNS, 126 RBI, 8.5 mothaeffin WAR playing a 60 rated 1B.

He had 10 more home runs than runner-up Joey Gallo.

Making $508k.

MEANWHILE

The real Manuel Peguero looks like was released from the Dodgers Dominican League team after posting a .143/.195/.195 slash line in 2015 in 82 plate appearances.

Well...

Pretty happy with my team and my salary situation moving forward. I've got more budget space than I'd realistically want to spend this offseason. Got all my good young players locked up for at least a few more seasons. I'll have a new 1B and LF next year (and CF if you count Allred who looks like a stud in the making), so I've got some signings and positional competitions to watch in the spring. I'm planning on going defense at both slots, and should be able to field a complete team of plus fielders. Don't really need offense at those spots, so as long as I can get a league average bat with great defense I think my team will be improved.

I can trade RF Daniel Carbonell if anyone is interested. Pretty cheap power, but he'd be a back-up/DH type on my team next year.

brentech

Sim: 2 days
Date: Nov 28, 2020
Notes: Free Agents have filed. Lets see who breaks the bank open for trout and a couple new international free agents!

synchronicity

Gold Member
I'll likely not spend a cent this year. I've got to let some young guys cement themselves or bring up replacements if they fail to do so. I'll let the big fish open their wallets, even though I do have plenty of money to spend.

I have a ton of money to spend, and would spend it on Trout but I hired John Farrell to replace my retired manager and Trout won't play for me because their personalities clash. :(

Some of those FA's are delusional.

SP Joe Musgrove is available! OSA rated 69! 2 years of cheap team control! Need prospects.

I have a ton of money to spend, and would spend it on Trout but I hired John Farrell to replace my retired manager and Trout won't play for me because their personalities clash. :(

Just a heads up in case you weren't aware, with Farrell you won't be able to set your own line-ups or rotation. He did a great job with my O's last season, but I just wanted complete control. It really cuts down on the time it takes to make roster moves though, which was nice.

Just a heads up in case you weren't aware, with Farrell you won't be able to set your own line-ups or rotation. He did a great job with my O's last season, but I just wanted complete control. It really cuts down on the time it takes to make roster moves though, which was nice.

Yeah I know. I've had managers that have had full control for awhile so I'm used to it.

anybody have a right handed CF available?

I could move Jesus Durango, but scouts differ on him. He had a pretty good year last yer platooning, and that's with my manager not letting him loose on the bases. He's an interesting guy, who I'd probably start in LF if he ever got above average there.

Is there any way to find out what this $24 million in misc expenses are? That's like a quarter of my budget

I could actually sign some FA's that I need if I had that money.

brentech

I let one of my 65 graded outfielders test FA as he was complet shit at the GOBL level. Never played up to his ability and wanted over 6M/yr.
Let a couple other mid money guys go, giving me something like 30-35M to play around with.

brentech

Sim: 5 days
Date: Dec 3, 2020
Notes: Decided to go with a slightly shorter sim in case a player was mulling an early offer over.
Should also let you guys know I'll be out of town and likely not able to sim from Thurs-Monday

2B/SS Jace Peterson or 2B/SS Jonathan Schoop are available. I'd rather move Peterson, but I'll listen on either.

Just looking for prospects.

Also Carbonell is still available if anyone is looking for cheap power.

synchronicity

Gold Member
Wow, Baltimore signing an unproven player for 200M+. Bold and risky. Redefining MLB contracts. :p

I was fishing for Bradley Zimmer, but Oakland pulled him away from my tight wallet.

brentech

Wow, Baltimore signing an unproven player for 200M+. Bold and risky. Redefining MLB contracts. :p

I was fishing for Bradley Zimmer, but Oakland pulled him away from my tight wallet.
Dude has promise, but couldn't hit for shit under my coaches. Real depressing. Wanted far too much money for that type of performance.

The Baltimore signing is incredible. Hope it works out, amazing deal!

Zimmer is an elite of the elite defender in LF, which is what was really attractive about him. Can stick him #7 or 8 in the lineup and hopefully get moderate production. Don't need him to be a middle of the lineup guy, so figured it was worth the roll of the dice on him. Also has an opt out after year 1 and a team option on the backend, so figured the risk wasn't too great. He's been up and down so far, but with the holes in the OAK OF, he'll get a chance to play regularly, see what he can do. At least I can count on the guy making a lot of plays out there and he has wheels.

But yeah, eyes kinda popped open when I saw that Baltimore deal. Fortune favors the bold!!

synchronicity

Gold Member
Dude has promise, but couldn't hit for shit under my coaches. Real depressing. Wanted far too much money for that type of performance.

Well, it's certainly going to be interesting to see how he performs. Personally, I wouldn't have the stomach for that level of risk, but hey, the O's have won the AL back-to-back, so whaddaiknow.

Edit: Yeah Queso, Zimmer's D and the fact that he's a left handed bat attracted me to him. I'm always drawn to the glove, and I've got a pretty balanced lineup, but he would have fit in perfectly in mine at the bottom end of my lineup with the aforementioned attributes. I just couldn't cough up enough coin apparently.

yeah, I might have stepped out a bit too far, probably should have knocked a year or two off, but my scout loves him and if he hits to his ratings he'll be a game changer for my line-up. Plus, he only costs me money, and I'm set for the next few seasons. I'm not paying any pitchers. Manny's FA coming up scares me, but he's also injury prone so he's a guy I'm being very cautious with. Obviously it'd be a big drop off, but if Manny leaves I think Drew Dorsch will be better than league average at 3B. I've done a pretty good job finding cheap guys at the bottom of the roster and passable pitching.

I also wanted Zimmer. I'm either looking at a platoon of former CFs there or finding a defense first guy from the scrap heap.

I'm going all out to win during the next couple years. If it doesn't work out, I can tear the whole thing down. Also trying to build up my farm a bit since my top end guys all should be in the majors this year.

Anyone have money riding on Trout?

And btw... that Kershaw deal from Detroit. Man. That seems like it could be the biggest bargain if Detroit puts Kershaw back in the rotation. If I knew he was going to go that cheap I would have gone after him. =/

synchronicity

Gold Member
What am I supposed to do these next 3-4 days...watch real baseball?! :p

Seriously though, with Copa America in full swing and Euro 2016 starting tomorrow, I hope I don't neglect my (fictional) Twins. Hard to watch the real ones. :(

What's that, no one likes soccer?

...I'll see myself out.

Anyone have money riding on Trout?

And btw... that Kershaw deal from Detroit. Man. That seems like it could be the biggest bargain if Detroit puts Kershaw back in the rotation. If I knew he was going to go that cheap I would have gone after him. =/

Oh he's going back into the rotation. Already changed his position back to starting pitcher. Not sure why he was a reliever since he's only 32 and still has 75 stamina. I was actually shocked I was able to land him for that cheap, and I wondered why he just accepted my first offer without someone bidding above me.

Oh he's going back into the rotation. Already changed his position back to starting pitcher. Not sure why he was a reliever since he's only 32 and still has 75 stamina. I was actually shocked I was able to land him for that cheap, and I wondered why he just accepted my first offer without someone bidding above me.

Congrats. Steal of the free agent market.

I'M ALREADY GETTING THE SHAKES FROM NOT BEING ABLE TO LOOK AT MY FAKE BASEBALL TEAM SOMEONE PLEASE HOLD ME

I bid for him but I don't remember what my offer was.

brentech

Indians have an overload of young SP all trying to break onto the rotation next season. I need to move 1, maybe two. I'm about to sim 5 days before I put anyone in the CPU trade engine.
Most of the guys I'm talking about on the Indians are already on the active roster at the moment.

Top Bottom