• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

brentech

Oh yea, a sim happened around 10-10:30 last night. Hoping for a normal time sim today, just hectic because I have family staying at my house.

Happy pop's day to all youse fathers and your fathers if you got em around!

Signing an aging Alex Gordon to a low value 1 year deal is the most A's signing I've ever done.

Sim: 14 Days
Date: Feb 12, 2021
Notes: Tomorrow's sim will be 17 days to bring us into Spring Training.

Can i get 2B Jace Peterson and RF Daniel Carbonell shopped? Figure I could stand to shed some salary.

Any owners interested, they're both available for prospects or possibly pitching.

brentech

Sim: 16 Days
Date: Feb 28, 2021
Notes: Back to 7 day sims starting tomorrow. We're into Spring Training.
Can i get 2B Jace Peterson and RF Daniel Carbonell shopped? Figure I could stand to shed some salary.

Any owners interested, they're both available for prospects or possibly pitching.

Peterson could return Rangers SS Wilmer Flores
Carbonell: Red Sox C Sandy Leon OR CF Manuel Margot, Phillies CF Arron Brown, Rangers C Jorge Alfaro, Nationals SP Daniel Stumpf

images

Peterson could return Rangers SS Wilmer Flores
Carbonell: Red Sox C Sandy Leon OR CF Manuel Margot, Phillies CF Arron Brown, Rangers C Jorge Alfaro, Nationals SP Daniel Stumpf

Assuming it works salary wise, I'll do Carbonell for Phillies CF Arron Brown. Thanks!

The GOAT has dropped down to a 70. He's gonna come back better than ever and win another Cy Young! (Oh no dropped to 66 now ): )

I hope I don't have as many injuries this season. We might be able to make a run if we stay healthy.

Can anybody change ticket prices?

I tried to trade for Shae Simmons. I tried to sign Shae Simmons as a FA. I ended up with Kimbrel. Can't say I'm disappointed.

My owner still wants me to give Shae an extension

I've never been able to see preseason predictions. I go to the screen and it says they haven't been generated. Am I doing something wrong? I'd like to see what they predict for the AL East this year.

Meier

I am playing my OOTP 16 game and lost Kolten Wong to a broken elbow for 4 months. 3 months had passed and the home stretch was in sight...just had a set back that ended his career. At 28. :*( I traded Joc Pederson and Zach Bird (plus some others) for him after the 2016 season and he'd been a rock for me for the 3 seasons since. Under contract for 5 more years. What a blow.

Sorry if this isn't used for general discussion much but I was left slackjawed.

I am playing my OOTP 16 game and lost Kolten Wong to a broken elbow for 4 months. 3 months had passed and the home stretch was in sight...just had a set back that ended his career. At 28. :*( I traded Joc Pederson and Zach Bird (plus some others) for him after the 2016 season and he'd been a rock for me for the 3 seasons since. Under contract for 5 more years. What a blow.

Sorry if this isn't used for general discussion much but I was left slackjawed.

General discuss away!

Question though... when he retired did you have to eat the rest of the contract? How does that even work? Don't team usually have insurance for this kind of thing?

I think this happening would destroy Rommel's soul.

Pretty happy with the shape my line-up is in. 1B is still up in the air, but I have a lot of options. My rule 5 pick is probably getting returned, didn't hit enough to warrant a roster spot. Team defense and line-up flexibility is so much better than last year, and I should be able to withstand an injury just about anywhere.

Pitching looks good. About the only spot that's up for grabs is my 5th starter. Danner looks like an ace and my bullpen should be improved.

This is definitely the season I'm most excited about.

General discuss away!

Question though... when he retired did you have to eat the rest of the contract? How does that even work? Don't team usually have insurance for this kind of thing?

I think this happening would destroy Rommel's soul.

In one of my offline leagues I felt bad for the Pirates because Gerritt Cole signed a reasonable extension, was pitching well and then blew out his arm and had to retire, so I edited him back to health and I think I had to re-do his contract as it was totally wiped off their books.

I think the biggest thing for me this season is going to be my rotation, I've got only two really veteran starter and both have injury histories. Also my bullpen is basically washed up starters (Felix Hernandez is my current closer!).

I'm excited about my offense though, Byron Buxton is having a fantastic spring.

I think the biggest thing for me this season is going to be my rotation, I've got only two really veteran starter and both have injury histories. Also my bullpen is basically washed up starters (Felix Hernandez is my current closer!).

I'm excited about my offense though, Byron Buxton is having a fantastic spring.

Joe Musgrove is available!

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date: Mar 21, 2021
Notes: 2 days until Opening Day (14 in game days). Update is running right now, available ~ 10min.

Doing very poorly this spring, but I've giving reps to half the guys in my system, so I'm sure everything will be fine once the regular season gets going.

Top Bottom