• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date:
Notes: You must trim down your active roster to 25 men now. Once you've done so, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE scroll through that list and make sure they are all on your 40 man roster. I don't know why or how, but sometimes guys on the active just aren't on the 40 man and it really delays the sim process.

Heading off while this sims.
I will shop those guys when I get back to my computer.

So uh...Brent could you please check where C Michael Curry is? It says he's on my major league roster but I see him nowhere in my organization whatsoever

Just saw Danner is out for 13 months. That's a real kick in the dick. He was primed to be my ace this year, and was having a great spring. Had a strong shot at rookie of the year. This stinks.

brentech

The Tampa Bay Rays have too many men on the active roster. 7 too many, but everyone else should take this time to make sure they are down to 25 and that each player on their active roster has an ASTERISK (*) next to their name. If they don't have one, they need added to the 40 man roster.

Just saw one of my players wasn't on the 40 man roster but it should be fixed now.

Had a pretty good preseason so I can't wait to see how horrible the season is.

brentech

Alright, so there was basically 4 teams that still had over 40 men on the active roster, I had to run AI Full Organization reorder on those so we can move along. Instead of a 7 day sim, I just ran it 3 days because I'm pretty sure that makes everyone's team play and therefore makes sure each of those rosters is now set for the season -- without going too far and having people miss out on the waiver wire.

That sim is going up right now. There won't be another sim today because of this, but we return to our scheduled program tomorrow.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Apr 14, 2021
Note: First 7 day sim of the new season. We're rolling.

edit: lol, a Rule 5 pick I grabbed, pitcher Hayden Stone, got 1 out and gave up 5 runs for a 135 ERA. If he blows it his next time on the mound he's gone...got too much young talent to give 3 failed chances.

4-3 two that half game lead in the division and 2-1 against Miami!

Brett Lawrie is hurt for two weeks but I got two good, hopefully, RP off of waivers and Mujica will be back next sim. Offense still trash right now though.

Shelby Miller still a beast no matter what his rating says!

Season's not going so well so far. Abbott is off the DL though, so things are looking up!

I hope you make good use of Almonte, Queso. Always had high hopes for him, but he just got crowded out.

Hey, turns out that Mike Trout guy is okay at baseball. He might have a future.

I hope you make good use of Almonte, Queso. Always had high hopes for him, but he just got crowded out.

Good DEF utility infielders are an obsession of mine. I think it's from playing so much strat-o-matic as a kid lol. Randy Ready circa '88 was baller.

Hey, turns out that Mike Trout guy is okay at baseball. He might have a future.

Good DEF utility infielders are an obsession of mine. I think it's from playing so much strat-o-matic as a kid lol. Randy Ready circa '88 was baller.

Oh man this is making anticipate looking at today's sim even more.

Trout definitely had himself a week! And only 1 dinger. Oakland is gonna be glad to not see Seattle for awhile.

Gonna be an interesting next week, the best offense (SSS) Mariners vs the best pitching staff (SSS) Toronto Blue Jays.

My team had horrible third basemen so it appears that my manager made Dansby Swanson learn third, he was previously 2B/SS and is now a terrible 3B apparently

brentech

Assuming two of my outfielders that batted in the .290s last season get their minds right, 2B will get a strong look. Need to see what happens this sim and if those guys get back on track.

brentech

That's what I get for running the sim and walking away, didn't process because failed waiver claim I put out. For some reason if anything like that happens to the commish's team it just stops the sim. =\

Sim: 7 Days
Date: Apr 21, 2021
Notes: Boston's owner died. Michael Brantley survived all of last season as the DH for me....and got injured running the bases on 4/20 =(

Bright side, young pitchers Keith Weisenberg and Julian McDonald are absolutely killing to for me. Old guy Danny Salazar at age 31 and rated a 20 is 2-0 with .39 ERA.
After that sim I should be more worried about my outfielders than 2B. Dudes just aren't getting back on track and Brantely is currently being diagnosed. Through 11 games he was hitting .462 with 10 RBIs.

Batting Average .281 - 1st in AL
On-Base Percentage .329 - 6th in AL
Slugging Percentage .489 - 1st in AL
On-Base + Slugging .819 - 1st in AL
Runs Scored 74 - 3rd in AL
Hits 146 - 1st in AL
Extra-Base Hits 58 - 1st in AL
Home Runs 24 - 1st in AL
Bases On Balls 33 - tied for 12th in AL

I don't know if my hitters just don't like walking of if theyre too busy mashing everything in site to bother with taking walks.

Either way this offense is so far so much better right now than any I've had, hope it keeps up!

And now my #1 starter Matt Moore is on the 60 day DL. At least he wasn't pitching very well I guess. Glad I have a lot of 5th starter types in my bullpen.

So far Vargas has been a stud. Please make me look like a genius with that contract...

I currently have 3 position players projected for double digit WAR and one more at 9.9!

It won't last but its enjoyable to look at. My team OPS is 39 points higher than the next closest team.

Alex Jackson already at 1.0 WAR, he only accumulated 1.3 last season. Brad Miller and Johan Quevado already at 50% of last seasons totals as well.

I wish Buxton and Aiello would show some signs of life though, but alas.

To be fair, I've been extremely fortunate with injuries the past several years. And it's not like a training fail, Correa's injury was a HBP.

Still at .500 and tied for first in the division with the bum Marlins and Mets. Pitching is getting back to what I'm used to: first in the league in runs against, bullpen ERA, and Def Eff. 2nd in the NL in starters ERA. But my offense is still a fucking mess. Doesn't help that the few good offensive players keep getting little injuries. Willie Abreu is starting to live up to his potential though 3rd in batting avg so far.

I completely forgot I had Matuella coming off the DL. That makes up for the loss of Moore, since he's probably my best SP. Man, if I ever had all my starters healthy at the same time, I might have a pretty solid rotation.

Season's going okay. Still trying to tinker with things. Might start looking for trades, but I'm not sure what I'd want to target just yet.

brentech

I got caught watching the Indians 19 inning game and then left the house after. Sim happened about 2 hours ago though.

Sim: 7 days
Date: May 5, 2021
Notes: Nothing major.

Indians went 1-5 that sim
facepalm.gif

Top Bottom