• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

So glad Abbott is healthy now. He's 12th in WAR despite not having enough AB's to qualify for the batting title (which he would easily win at the moment.) I'm finally above .500.

Maybe there's hope yet.

Brent, would you mind putting Jesus Lopez from OAK into the trade computer?

OAK is looking for a 50+ DEF RF. Not one with a huge contract. Have good pieces to trade:

Jesus Lopez, 69OVR/72POT 2B/SS/1B, making the minimum

Mike Donaldio, 63OVR&POT LF, minimum

Also have some decent prospects.

Sano, Mariners Humble White Sox
The Seattle Mariners beat the Chicago White Sox, 17-2, at U.S. Cellular Field. The Mariners got a fine performance from third baseman Miguel Sano, who captured player of the game honors. He hit 2 home runs. He scored 4 times and drove in 8. Seattle leads the American League West Division by 2 games.

Sano had a key at-bat for Seattle early in the game. With the bases loaded, he hit a grand slam home run. It was his 22nd home run of the season and gave Seattle an early 4-0 lead.

"You can't sugarcoat this one," said Chicago manager Kichibei Suitani. "We got the snot knocked out of us."

I love the recap generator in this game.

Edit: FUCK Vladimir Gutierrez out for 2 to 3 months :(

I love the recap generator in this game.

Yeah, I love those blurbs too. Glad Sano is working out for you, btw. He's definitely a boost you needed offensively. Buxton, he's hard to figure out. I don't know what he'll ultimately become, but I think he may not ever be the superstar he could have been. (Maybe in real life as well. :( Although too early to judge.)

Yeah, I love those blurbs too. Glad Sano is working out for you, btw. He's definitely a boost you needed offensively. Buxton, he's hard to figure out. I don't know what he'll ultimately become, but I think he may not ever be the superstar he could have been. (Maybe in real life as well. :( Although too early to judge.)

Constantly injured is what Buxton will become.

Constantly injured is what Buxton will become.

I think Buxton is the type of player that will get a minor tweak, and says, "Ya know what, I think I'll just sit a spell."

images

You know who's been real good? Jose Vargas. I'm very pleased with that signing so far. Stewart got snubbed from the all-star game, which I should have figured would happen when I couldn't vote for him. I'm starting to feel like I'll be okay if Manny bolts in FA. I'll try to keep him, but I got a feeling he's going to want a mega deal to re-sign.

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date: July 19, 2021
Notes: Trade between Oakland and Cleveland, swapping RF Clint Frazier and 2B Jesus Lopez.
Trade deadline in 2 sims.

Hey Brent, could you run Jake Buchanan through the trade machine, please?

Also, Jake Buchanan is available. So are Jon Singleton and Alex Lavisky if anyone wants them. Need prospects.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: July 26, 2021
Notes: Tomorrow's sim will stop short onto the final day of trades.

Hey Brent, could you run Jake Buchanan through the trade machine, please?

Also, Jake Buchanan is available. So are Jon Singleton and Alex Lavisky if anyone wants them. Need prospects.

Red Sox: Patrick Corbin, SP
Royals: Matt Carpenter, 2B
Phillies: Eovaldi, SP

Just to make sure everyone understands the 'shop a player'.....you only get 1 for 1 trades with it. I've never seen it return a prospect, only players that are already in the majors. For the trade to work, you also have to respond before the next sim happens or the team might not want the trade any longer.

Mike Trout on pace for an 8.3 WAR year with a .335/.407/.562 slash. Also a +6.2ZR LF.

But somehow he's Unhappy with Role on Team.

Hmmm.

Probably because I've had him hit lead off or second most of the season and he wants to hit in the middle of the line up.

I was all excited to see that I went 5-1 this sim, check standings and I'm still 1.5 games behind Oakland. I was trying to figure out how Oakland keeps winning, but I guess that pitching staff is good enough to offset the offense.

WTF happened in this game: http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/news/html/box_scores/game_box_2048.html

It looks like Felix Hernandez started, pitched 2 innings and then Touki Touissant went 7 innings in relief. I get that it was part of a double header but WTF. My manager does some weird shit with my bullpen.

I was trying to figure out how Oakland keeps winning, but I guess that pitching staff is good enough to offset the offense.

I've been on a good run of luck the last few weeks.

Pythag says I should be 5.5 games back of Seattle. OAK pythag is at 51-47 and Seattle at 57-42.

Instead, OAK is at 55-43 and Seattle 54-45.

I don't expect that I'll be able to win the division with only a +22 run differential while Seattle is at +77.

So, yeah, just luck at this point.

If TEX or HOU could get any kind of pitching, this race would get real interesting.

I've been on a good run of luck the last few weeks.

Pythag says I should be 5.5 games back of Seattle. OAK pythag is at 51-47 and Seattle at 57-42.

Instead, OAK is at 55-43 and Seattle 54-45.

I don't expect that I'll be able to win the division with only a +22 run differential while Seattle is at +77.

So, yeah, just luck at this point.

If TEX or HOU could get any kind of pitching, this race would get real interesting.

Epstein's bullpen management has been weird all season. I think my record in one run games is abysmal. Also I lost my number 2 starter and pushed my number 5 to the bullpen but the two replacements have not been good yet.

But Tyler Malone and John Aiello both remembered they have power so that helps. I've gotten nothing from my first basemen all season though :(

Dog days of August...

The Dodgers once again look unstoppable. DeLeon, Tanaka and Urias are 3 of the top 5 pitchers in the game according to the OOTP player rankings. A combined 37-9 averaging a K per inning.

Justin Hooper from Chicago looks like the AL Cy Young favorite. 177Ks in 138 IP and a WHIP just over 1. And Jose DeLeon from the Dodgers looks to be the favorite in the NL at 13-3, 2.22, WHIP<1 and 140 Ks in 145 IP.

And, shockingly, Peguero might not be the guaranteed MVP of the NL? 4.1 WAR to date with a .292/.333/.597 slash, which is amazing. But 23 year old PHL 2B David Bedgood is at 4.9 WAR and a .295/.388/.547 slash.

Trout's already got the AL MVP on lock. 5.1 WAR, .336/.407/.562.

The rest of us are all idiots for not opening up the checkbook as far as it would go to sign that guy. Only $24.5m. Trout's a bargain.

Whoever traded that guy to you is a complete idiot!

Lol I still miss Alex ):

In other news my GCL rookie team is 24-5 the scores of their last 3 games:

16-4

38-5!!!!!!!!!

20-2

Looks like they've been doing that all season I see another score of 35-2. They have only lost to 2 teams all season and both of those are NYY GCL teams.

I think I need to promote some people lol

Do you manage your entire minor league system personally?

I usually mess with it during the preseason, after the draft, and maybe a couple of other times during the season and just leave it set to Auto promote and demote but I just checked and it was set to manual. And I have over 90 players on one of my rookie teams! My organization is a mess lol but at least we finally started winning. I shouldn't have gone a week without checking on my team.

Looked at my schedule before today and thought this would be a good week with the Giants and Indians. Instead I went 3-4 and fell to 5.5 behind Oakland.

Top Bottom