• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Indians have an overload of young SP all trying to break onto the rotation next season. I need to move 1, maybe two. I'm about to sim 5 days before I put anyone in the CPU trade engine.
Most of the guys I'm talking about on the Indians are already on the active roster at the moment.
Could you run Piscotty and Stanton?

Wow. Get told that I need to up an offer, then receive notice that the guy signed elsewhere - on the same day.

Enjoy your Goldschmidt, Oakland!

At least I got that backup OF spot locked down!

brentech

Who was it that said they were out of the league?
I need to make these offseason changes so the CPU can be more active with those teams that are no longer managed. I'm checking in with eznark. I think there is at least 3 teams I might have to open up.

If the CPU trade-u-lator is working out there, could you shove Musgrove into its maw? Thanks.
OS0yCkm.png
Could you run Piscotty and Stanton?

No 1 for 1 trades available for either.

Rommel

Who was it that said they were out of the league?
I need to make these offseason changes so the CPU can be more active with those teams that are no longer managed. I'm checking in with eznark. I think there is at least 3 teams I might have to open up.

No 1 for 1 trades available for either.

KC said they're out. Can you out Ozuna in the trade o matic please?

brentech

KC said they're out. Can you out Ozuna in the trade o matic please?
Will have to be after tomorrow's sim. Only able to do 3 a day.

Eznark confirmed out. Not being a part of the community sucks the fun out it, which is totally understandable.

The potential return for Musgrove really makes me say hmmm.

edit: After much consideration, I'll send Musgrove to the White Sox for Jake Peter.

Brett Phillips is now on the block! Silver Slugger at CF in '19! Under team control on a very friendly contract through 2025!

Wow. Get told that I need to up an offer, then receive notice that the guy signed elsewhere - on the same day.

Enjoy your Goldschmidt, Oakland!

I think I may have overpaid, but I'm tried of not having a power RH bat.

Bitch of it is, I wanted Goldy more as a DH, with Bradley as a 4th OF that basically plays every day, but allowing my 3 OF I had as Starters stick where they were, with McCarthy at 1B.

Since my manager has total control, he instead decided to put Goldy at first, move McCarthy to CF, shift my CF to DH, and push my starting RF to the deep bench for Bradly to start. And there's nothing I can do about it.

Well, enjoy another season of AAA, RF prospect Marcos Santana. I tried.

Eznark confirmed out. Not being a part of the community sucks the fun out it, which is totally understandable.

Awww that stinks about Eznark. See you on the other side, Ez. Go Brewers.

Yeah, I get that. I joined that external chat community that was mentioned, but I never saw anyone else on it, which I also get. I wonder what he did to get himself banned. That sucks for him.

brentech

Yeah, I get that. I joined that external chat community that was mentioned, but I never saw anyone else on it, which I also get. I wonder what he did to get himself banned. That sucks for him.
I stayed in the chat for about a month but no one ever used it so I stopped. I understand why, it's just an added I convienence to break up the community.

Bog

Junior Ace
Not sure how trading works, but can you see if any teams have a match for Lester, CarGo or catching prospect superstar TJ Collett?

brentech

Not sure how trading works, but can you see if any teams have a match for Lester, CarGo or catching prospect superstar TJ Collett?
Trading with another player is just a chat until you agree upon a trade. (Or don't)

Trading with a CPU is a bit less of a gain and more of a last ditch effort because the only trade that works with them is a 1 for1 trade.
Usually if you're trading a quality player and getting something a bit less back, you want a prospect or two to make up the difference. That can't happen with the CPU. On that note, I can only put three players into the "shop a player" engine where the CPU makes offers per sim. Not sure why, but that's how OOTP works.
Best option would be you guys could work your own trades with the CPU just like a non online league, and then I'd have to approve it before it got processed.

brentech

Just getting a chance to sim today. 5 day sim, up to the winter meetings. Bunch of GMs retired so the CPU can start making moves on their behalf.

Oh god. Trout signed my joke contract.

I guess all my LF prospects are available for trade.

I'm also looking to dump some salary, so Stephen Souza, Brad Miller, Kyle Seager, Ketel Marte, and Byron Buxton are all available. The first three can be had for nothing as long as you take back the salary.

#VoteBartoloHOF2021

Oh god. Trout signed my joke contract.

I guess all my LF prospects are available for trade.

I'm also looking to dump some salary, so Stephen Souza, Brad Miller, Kyle Seager, Ketel Marte, and Byron Buxton are all available. The first three can be had for nothing as long as you take back the salary.

Well hey it's gotta be much better than the contract the actual Mariners gave to Cano.

I need to check the rule 5 draft eligibility of my players. The draft isn't the next sim is it?

Just check your roster tag for the # symbol. Anyone with a # symbol can be stolen from you.

brentech

Sim: 6 days
Date: Dec 24, 2020
Notes: We are now on the day of the Rule 5 draft. You can now make a draft list if you choose to do so. Draft will likely happen tomorrow unless something prevents me from simming.

This sim will be up shortly. It's running right now.

Sim: 6 days
Date: Dec 24, 2020
Notes: We are now on the day of the Rule 5 draft. You can now make a draft list if you choose to do so. Draft will likely happen tomorrow unless something prevents me from simming.

This sim will be up shortly. It's running right now.

Can you run 2B Jace Peterson and RF Daniel Carbonell through the trade finder if you get the chance?

My scout really likes Cavan Biggio I hope he's really that good. There was a 1b I wanted that I didn't get looks like he was protected last minute don't remember his name but I got both catchers I wanted when I thought I put on my list just to take one.

My team might not be that bad this year if we stay healthy. Willie Abreu came out of nowhere to a 79ovr 80 pot, Freddie and Lawrie still playing well, and got some good young pitchers. Still wish I knew where that 24 million went I know it's probably something stupid I did earlier but I don't remember.

Is it too late to change ticket prices?

Shouldn't be.
I lost 3 guy to Rule 5, very curious to see how a couple of them do. Probably only 1 that I would have even given a chance in spring training.

I didn't think so but it wasn't giving me the option to change them earlier.

I got one of your catchers I think he was high 50s potential and high 20s overall according to my scout. Not the best but since Betancourt left I needed something.

I lost 3 as well. Kind of surprised at 2 of them being picked.

I think I got one of your catchers too. Think he was low 70s potential and like 24 overall. I had nothing but trash at catcher.

Looking forward to this upcoming season. It seems like we've had a longer off-season than usual. Maybe it's just my perception though.

I lost two. One was a AAA catcher who my scout said was ML ready but I had no real room for and he was out of options (which is how I got him from Houston).

The other was a glove first CFer who had a sub .800 OPS in A ball last year.

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date:
Notes: Are you guys okay with switching back to 14 day sims until Spring Training?

currently uploading

Hey Brent, what version of the game are we running now? I downloaded 17.9.57, and now it tells me there is no new file to download. (even though I'm still on last sim's date) I'm not running OOTP on Steam and I think I may have switched to the wrong version for our league.

Hey Brent, what version of the game are we running now? I downloaded 17.9.57, and now it tells me there is no new file to download. (even though I'm still on last sim's date) I'm not running OOTP on Steam and I think I may have switched to the wrong version for our league.

There was an update to OOTP today. I had a problem downloading the file before I updated OOTP, it messed my file up and I just downloaded a new one. It's working for me now. So update OOTP if you haven't yet, and try downloading the file fresh.

brentech

Yeah, there was an auto update on steam today, so whatever version that is.

Yeah I'm excited for this season. A full season of Sano. Mike Trout. More progression from my young hitters. Greg Bird hopefully improving my awful first base situation. Buxton maybe being healthy. My rotation of young arms. My bullpen of questions!

Gonna be fun.

So, yesterday I couldn't import the new file. Apparently I had accidentally updated to the beta update version 17.9.57 instead of 17.9.59. So, I sorted that out and made sure I was on the current version. Import of new file worked fine. Then I tried to export, but now I'm getting a 201 error- "connect error". I've wiped the GOBL league from saved games files and started with a fresh file, but I still cannot export a file to the server. Anyone have any experience with this or ideas. I've made no changes to my machine, and the only changes I've made to OOTP was to delete the GOBL 17 save file and start fresh. I'm not sure what to do.

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot. Forgot to reinstall the settings file. Sorry. All square now.

Springer signs in Philly, all hell breaks loose in Houston.

The fans will get over it.

That seems like a pretty good deal. If he could have played LF, I probably would have done something stupid like sign him.

Made a pretty interesting minor league discovery. Was looking for FAs and had it sorted by batter contact rating. Right near the top was SP Bubba Blau. A 28 year old minor league FA with no batting stats are poor pitching numbers while in the Brewers system. His hitting ratings looked legit, so I'm going to bring him in and see if he can learn 1B in the minors or hit enough to warrant a DH role eventually. Probably won't pan out, but it gives me another thing to keep track of.

Made a pretty interesting minor league discovery. Was looking for FAs and had it sorted by batter contact rating. Right near the top was SP Bubba Blau. A 28 year old minor league FA with no batting stats are poor pitching numbers while in the Brewers system. His hitting ratings looked legit, so I'm going to bring him in and see if he can learn 1B in the minors or hit enough to warrant a DH role eventually. Probably won't pan out, but it gives me another thing to keep track of.

Yeah, I've looked at a few guys like that, and even drafted a few. It always looks nice to have a player that could be a pitcher/or good hitter, but you never know what to do with them. But of course, if they suck as one you can always try them out in the other role, like you mentioned.

Top Bottom