• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

TRADE ANNOUNCE:

Houston sends:
CF Tomas Cauozos (DSL)
CF Joel Popplewell (R)

Arizona sends:
RP Michael Pineda (GOBL)
RP Beau Burrows (GOBL)

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date: Mar 20, 2022
Notes: Just a couple more sims until Opening Day, start making some roster decisions in your head. (update is processing right now).
Trade completed.

Always great to see one of your guys in bright red saying "Out for 8 months".

Welp.
After reading your post, I saw this and got scared:
B0c74vz.png

Luckily it's only 4 weeks.

brentech

Yeah, I have a drafted player who I thought would be my new starting CF go down for 6 weeks. OOTP is just a virtual kick in the nuts.

Like, it's not significant regular season time, but it would have been nice to continue to see his progress in the Spring

TRADE ANNOUNCE:

Houston sends:

LF Ronald Rosario (GOBL)
2B Cory Spangenberg (GOBL)
SP Joe Musgrove (GOBL)

Detroit sends:

C Octavio Morales (GOBL)
SS Orlando Sanchez (DSL)

Funny thing is, I think he has also been on the block since day 1.

Almost ha. Hard to believe no one wanted a 2+ win short stop with a reasonable contract! He's been a league average hitter the last 3 years so I can't complain.

I do have Felix still but he's so bad now :(

Fan interest down to 78, LOL. I should've waited to extend Lavisky to better time the palliative effect it had on the fanbase.

A 9 year extension for a 25 year old with 169 career MLB games played.

Yeah, seems a little risky. I was (still am, actually) terrified by the extension I signed Abbott to, and it's less money and he showed more at the ML level.

Rommel

A 9 year extension for a 25 year old with 169 career MLB games played.

Yah was a bit crazy, but I need to try and control costs where I can... last year it was asking for 20mil a year to extend, so I count this as a win. That and my fans LOVED the signing... got 5 points on fan interest so he is helping pay for himself.

Season number 8. Wow

Hopefully we can turn things around and make the playoffs this season. It's been so long since my World Series

Damn my while starting offense is just lefties.

Might be willing to trade Braxton Davidson for a SP, LF/RF, 3B, or C

brentech

It's really weird going into the season only having picked the players on the roster, not actually looking at the lineups. Hope this works out a little, but team is also in a bit of a rebuild mode where I'm just using strategy and realize I don't have top players.

Rommel

It's really weird going into the season only having picked the players on the roster, not actually looking at the lineups. Hope this works out a little, but team is also in a bit of a rebuild mode where I'm just using strategy and realize I don't have top players.

I've never actually chosen my lineups. Chip Hale from day one has had control. It's worked out pretty well so far.

I had control for like 2-3 years before I fired Ausmus. Ever since I've hired managers that wanted full control. Certainly makes for a quicker day to day experience without having to micromanage all of your lineups.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Apr 10, 2022
Notes: Dodgers get through the first sim as the only undefeated team at 6-0.
A couple serious injuries are had throughout the league.

ROTY Cavan Biggio has hit 3 home runs in 5 games. He only had 7 all last season.

Him and Freddie are the only guys doing anything. My team is trash ):

Lost a game cause my manager left the starting pitcher in for 10 innings.. What? It was my pitcher that only has 40 stamina too wtf

Date: Apr 10, 2022
Notes: Dodgers get through the first sim as the only undefeated team at 6-0.
A couple serious injuries are had throughout the league.

I know I'm one of them

I just know this already

Fucking tits. It's my 23 year old starter with 78 potential (70 overall). It's pending but I already know it's Tommy John

After playing this game through all these seasons I will never be able to understand an MLB team that gives a long term big money contract to a pitcher. Already didn't like it. But now that I have to pay Garrett Richards $40 million over the next two seasons as a 20 rated reliever because he blew his UCL to the other three guys I have with blown elbows and torn ACLs forget all that. The horror. The horror.

The 'Convert Lavisky to 1B' plan isn't going very well. I'm really tempted to do radical things. I think I might have to start a guy there who's never logged an inning at the position. And I have too many DH's. On top of that, Correa and Adames are decaying faster than I had planned, so everything feels like it's going to shit at once.

Date: Apr 17, 2022
Notes: Sorry Ph33

Cleveland went 6-0 this sim! Lets get at the party hats!

lol fuck

I predicted right. How I feel:

24ARATON1-blog427.jpg

Oh well, he had a full season of closing under his belt, I guess he'll get it out of the way now and be ready for next year. Still got a strong pitching staff but it sucks. At least Jose and Adam got theirs out of the way already!

god damn I'm about to give my team trainer the boot

My young third baseman who was dating a soccer star is now engaged to her.

Byron Buxton is injured for the umpteenth time.

Joey Gallo down to -0.5 WAR

Top Bottom