• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Kendall Graveman, he of the 4.1 WAR and 1.11 WHIP last year, is the Dodgers' new NUMBER 5 STARTER.

Ugh.

The Dodgers starting 5 combined for 84 wins last year. My goodness.

Will Alex Rodriguez be elected to the GAF Online Baseball League Hall of Fame?
Tuesday, December 28th, 2021
With the 2022 GAF Online Baseball League Hall of Fame announcement next week, fans are eagerly looking forward to seeing how many electors will vote for Alex Rodriguez.

With an impressive 23-year career, New York Yankees fans are busy making the trek to hear his name announced as a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

While not the only name on the ballot, Rodriguez is widely expected to be the top name when results are announced.

Eligible voters can cast their ballots until the results are announced on January 4th, 2022.

Rodriguez is hitting .295 during his 2742-game career. He has 3056 hits, 541 doubles, 31 triples, 669 home runs, 2033 RBIs, 326 stolen bases and 1989 runs scored.

806438685_medium.gif

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Jan 8, 2022
Note: Alex Rodriguez was inducted to the HOF.
Do you want to keep moving at 7 days per sim, or move to 14 days until Spring Training?

Choomp

Banned
Is this thing still joinable? I've finally come around to getting a computer where I feel comfortable downloading games and this is one of the first things on my list. I might want to take some time getting familiar with this game first but I'd definitely want to do this

Is this thing still joinable? I've finally come around to getting a computer where I feel comfortable downloading games and this is one of the first things on my list. I might want to take some time getting familiar with this game first but I'd definitely want to do this

Absolutely. Now's as good a time as ever. I'm sure Brent posted the open teams a page or two back if you want to look for it. It's very easy to get the hang of if you want to just jump right in. You can automate a lot of tasks if you're not comfortable making decisions yet (like minor league signings/promotions).

brentech

http://gobl.obleague.com/team-gms/
Current listing of team GMs and availability. There are a handful of teams to choose from. We're closing in on Spring Training for the 2022 season.
We play in GM mode and generally sim at 7 days at a time.

It's a great time! You'll generally find no problem at all in asking for tips or tricks either. We humans are united in trying to beat the bastard AI to win the World Series. Those that have are a select, special group.

Rommel

Need a cheap stopgap starter for a year? Look no further

SP James Paxton $3 million
SP Michael Pineda $5.5 million
SP Marco Gonzalez $4.8 million

All are in the last year of their contracts and can anchor the back end of your rotation.

All offers considered!

Choomp

Banned
So yeah I was thinking of maybe taking the Rockies or Padres cause this game seems awesome, but I was just gonna ask if anyone had experience setting this up on Mac if it's any different?

First time I ever got a note from a CPU GM interested in a trade. In this case it's virtual Jim Bowden trying to sell me Jesse Winker.

Weird.

edit: never mind about the Trade-o-Matic, Brent.

TRADE ANNOUNCE:

Houston sends:
CF Jake Smolinski (GOBL)

Oakland sends:
RP Norberto Rivera (AAA)

Between losing Buchanan, Singleton and Smolinski, fan support down almost 10 points this offseason.

Smarter fans wouldn't be giving me this much shit.

Rommel

Glad I was able to squeeze together enough cash for another bullpen piece. Rosenthal shall anchor the middle innings.

SS Jace Peterson and/or SP Matt Moore are available for free if you take their salary. Trying to shed some payroll to meet a goal set by my penny-pinching owner.

C Cooper Johnson is also available if someone is looking for a solid back-up.

Brent, can you run Cooper Johnson through the trade-o-matic?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This has been a long time coming, but I need to drop out for now. Too many things to juggle with work and the kids back in school. So SF is now available!

I still haven't gotten over Shelby going from an 80 to a 20 ): my manager finally put him at the bottom of my rotation when I asked him to set it. He doesn't even get better making him a reliever like a lot of pitchers.

brentech

I still haven't gotten over Shelby going from an 80 to a 20 ): my manager finally put him at the bottom of my rotation when I asked him to set it. He doesn't even get better making him a reliever like a lot of pitchers.
Rough times. It's like when Kluber dropped like a rock on me.

What the hell.

I went from LEGENDARY to just outstanding :(

Also, I just had these two totally random players show up on my spring training roster with 70s potential. I've never heard of them but they've apparently been in my minors already!

this season should be exciting, and next. got a lot of the guys I've drafted seeing on my team now. my rotation has the chance to be really good, hopefully...

I've got my two top studs in the majors this year, trying to just wait out the next couple years as my payroll gives me zero flexibility so I'd rather not burn years if I don't have to :)

That's one area I throw caution to the wind. I promote prospects extremely aggressively. I would've probably started Camposhinos two years ago. In fact, I'm trying out my stud CF prospect this spring with an eye for him starting. He finished last season in AA. Fun fact - every hit he has this preseason is a double!

That's one area I throw caution to the wind. I promote prospects extremely aggressively. I would've probably started Camposhinos two years ago. In fact, I'm trying out my stud CF prospect this spring with an eye for him starting. He finished last season in AA. Fun fact - every hit he has this preseason is a double!
My OF was already stacked and I was sitting a 10+ million guy already so I didn't want to sit another one as well. And his defense isn't the greatest so I am already scared of the Camp/Stanton outfield.

Rommel

Need a cheap stopgap starter for a year? Look no further. Best of all they are free! All you have to do is exchange your scrubiest scrub of your choosing for one of them. Last year of their contracts.

SP James Paxton $3 million
SP Michael Pineda $5.5 million

If this season doesn't work out, I might go full firesale around the deadline, at which point every guy younger than 25 will be on the market.

brentech

Sim: 7 Days
Date: Mar x, 2022
Notes: Windows 10 killing my desktop again, so had to sim from my surface while I try to get a key and roll back to Windows 8.1

Top Bottom