• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

NL Cy Young Masahiro Tanaka LAD
AL Cy Young Juliandry Higuera TOR
NL Reliever of the Year Aaron Barrett WAS
AL Reliever of the Year Shae Simmons OAK
NL MVP Manny Peguero
AL MVP Johan Quevedo
NL ROTY Cavan Biggio ATL
AL ROTY Jose Vargas BAL
NL Manager of the Year Don Mattingly LAD
AL Manager of the Year Kichibei Suitani CWS

Gold Gloves and Silver Sluggers were also awarded but I'm too lazy to type them all up.

Miami Pitcher Jeremy Ovalle is releasing a rap album.

My catcher Okey won a gold glove. He's going to cost a lot more in arbitration than what I expected coming in to the year, but glad he really blossomed this year.

Nice to not really have to do anything this offseason. Roster is pretty much set, might look for a bullpen arm. Don't know what I'll do at closer. Basically just waiting for FA so I can see if I have any shot at keeping Manny long term.

Mariners going 1-2 in AL MVP voting. A starting pitcher or two and a good middle innings reliever and they won't be able to be stopped.

Chase DeJong finished second in the Cy Young award for the second time in his career. My team fell off a bit in the middle of the summer when Vladimir Gutierrez got hurt.

Depending upon how arbitration goes I might have some money to spend on a reliever or too. My attempt at using washed up or failed starters as relievers didn't pan out most of the season.

Rommel

Chase DeJong finished second in the Cy Young award for the second time in his career. My team fell off a bit in the middle of the summer when Vladimir Gutierrez got hurt.

Depending upon how arbitration goes I might have some money to spend on a reliever or too. My attempt at using washed up or failed starters as relievers didn't pan out most of the season.

Sounds like you need a Tim Berry to roundout the back of your rotation

chairon

Neo Member
Can you throw Dalton Pompey into the trade machine? I was really hoping he wouldn't accept the QO, but he did put up good numbers last year.

brentech

Can you throw Dalton Pompey into the trade machine? I was really hoping he wouldn't accept the QO, but he did put up good numbers last year.

One response: WAS SP Daniel Norris

---
CLE shopped 3B Brody Wofford and got many responses. Will be moving him for CIN LF Dalton Kelly who fill my now vacated OF and tactical role.

Figured out why I have no money to spend. Owner slashed budget, took a bunch of money out, and is asking me to turn a $20m profit this year.

WELP. It was great being able to sign free agents for one year. Guess I'm back to being the A's-ass-A's again. FIRE SALES FOR EVERYONE!

Figured out why I have no money to spend. Owner slashed budget, took a bunch of money out, and is asking me to turn a $20m profit this year.

WELP. It was great being able to sign free agents for one year. Guess I'm back to being the A's-ass-A's again. FIRE SALES FOR EVERYONE!
A couple years ago I had a huge surplus figuring I could use the money to splurge on a USA. Yeah, no, my owner decided to just pocket the money instead.

fbummEv.jpg

Let's fire up this free-agency thang!

Rommel

Yet another year with no money to spend on FA's. I've seemed to hit a ceiling on my earning potential. Crap TV contract offsets good attendance numbers.

Anyone looking for a third baseman? I have 3 elite rated third basemen and I should probably move one or convert one to a first baseman.

Most open to moving Sano but Rizzo could be had for the right price.

I'm looking for SS, CF or pitching.

My money for FAs is -$171,000.

I think that means the Cubs organization is folding. Not sure.

Ehh, I was like -4 or -8 million last year.

I still have a couple of years before I'm in decent financial shape, my projected salaries jumps like $20 million next year with all the arbitration eligible guys.

Alex Wood is on the block! Brentech, would you mind throwing him into the Trade-O-Matic?

68OVR/68POT Starter. 3.4 WAR last year with a 3.87 FIP and 3.44 K:BB.

Signed for 4 more years at $22.3m per. Apparently a bargain in the current free agent market! Looking for a top 10 RF or 1B or an elite middle reliever or a very good AAA pitching prospect.

Also on the block is Mike Donadio, 46OVR/46POT 60 rated LF making the minimum and stuck behind people on the depth chart. Would like a mid 40s cheap middle reliever in return or a AA/AAA prospect.

BTW... huge round of applause for our commish. Thank you for all you do Brentech!

On that note - if you suddenly have radio silence from me for a couple days it's because my wife is probably going to pop any day now.

Wow! Rock on!

brentech

Any player shopping will happen after today's sim.
And thanks, but I definitely wouldn't do it if it wasn't for my enjoyment of the league and community aspect.

On that note - if you suddenly have radio silence from me for a couple days it's because my wife is probably going to pop any day now. Baby is due 3 weeks to the day, but we're pretty sure she ain't lasting that long.

Rommel

Available Players

SP Tim Berry - 2 Class A lottery tickets or one AA/AAA decent prospect
SP Michael Pineda - Class A lottery ticket
SP James Paxton - Class A lottery ticket
CF Marcell Ozuna - Whatever scrub you want to give
2B Kolten Wong - 1 Elite Prospect (near MLB ready) + 2 Good Prospects AA/A
SS Jurksion Profar - 1 Elite Prospect (near MLB ready) + 3 Good Prospects AA/A
RF Mikie Mahtook - 1 Elite Prospect (near MLB ready) + 2 Good Prospects AA/A

brentech

Sim: 3 days
Date: Dec 2nd, 2021
Notes: Signings

LAD: SS M. Almonte (2y, 2.6M)
WAS: RP J. Parker (4y, 32M)

Those are just the multi million dollar deals, but not much else either.

Alex Wood is on the block! Brentech, would you mind throwing him into the Trade-O-Matic?
None
If no one else comes along to have a player run I'd be interested to see what interest Profar would have.
1B Jesus Aguilar - MIL
1B Brandon Belt - PHI

Rommel

Sim: 3 days
Date: Dec 2nd, 2021
Notes: Signings

LAD: SS M. Almonte (2y, 2.6M)
WAS: RP J. Parker (4y, 32M)

Those are just the multi million dollar deals, but not much else either.

None

1B Jesus Aguilar - MIL
1B Brandon Belt - PHI

Lame. I'll pass. That's very strange I didn't get any prospect options.

brentech

Lame. I'll pass. That's very strange I didn't get any prospect options.

I really don't know how many times I can write this. When I 'shop a player' for you guys, it only offers 1 for 1 player trades in return, I've literally never seen a prospect as on option. Therefore, elite level players almost never get offers in return because the CPU doesn't work that way in the 'shop a player' function.

Best case scenario for the future is that OOTP enables trading for all league members, but they only go through with commissioner approval (because people would be trying to literally take entire farm systems).

I really don't know how many times I can write this. When I 'shop a player' for you guys, it only offers 1 for 1 player trades in return, I've literally never seen a prospect as on option. Therefore, elite level players almost never get offers in return because the CPU doesn't work that way in the 'shop a player' function.

Furthermore, you only really get offers for players with relatively equivalent contracts.

Best case scenario for the future is that OOTP enables trading for all league members, but they only go through with commissioner approval (because people would be trying to literally take entire farm systems).
Yeah, one of the main drawbacks of OOTP online is the lack of trading options. I get that if you're in a full league, that isn't an issue because you're dealing with other humans, but in a league with a bunch of CPU controlled teams, it messes things up.

Top Bottom