• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Welp, that's baseball. Thanks for checking and letting me get that straight.

Let's sim!

No whammies no whammies no whammies no whammies no whammies

Welp.

fbummEv.jpg

brentech

Sim: 2 days
Date: Nov. 5, 2021
Notes: Going to be sending out PMs to everyone in the league. Would like a PM back only if you DO NOT plan to return to the league. Won't be simming until I can set teams to CPU so they can be managed right.

brentech

edit: duplicate post

Indians going with a new look next season. Terry Francona is out; promoting from within, Brian Buchanan will be taking over as manager for Cleveland.

My 110 win 2019 team should've been the one who got the AL the ring, but it didn't happen, and now I'm on the precipice. (Turns out I WAS the 2001 Mariners!)

We'll get it one of these years!

Going to be releasing Graveman with extreme prejudice.

What a disaster.

I'd almost be more upset with Frazier were I you - he just set the record for most postseason strikeouts.

Between Frazier and running Jackie Jr out there, Frazier was by far the better guy. But yep, terrible.

Interesting side note, David Lopez was put in to start game 7 over a rested Kyle Zimmer and Marcos Diplan.

Zimmer was a 4.7 WAR pitcher on the year, despite losing to PIT twice in the series already. Diplan was a 0.7 WAR pitcher in only 12 games. But had a 2.88 ERA.

David Lopez? Yeah. It was his first appearance in a big league game. I threw him on the roster for emergency relief help.

And Melvin decided to start him in game 7 of the mothaeffin world series.

Because why not.

5th Inning for Lopez: BB, SINGLE, HR, BB, FC, BB, SINGLE, FC, DOUBLE

What a disaster. An epic collapse!

In other news out of New York:

New York Bids Farewell to Manager Grifol
Friday, November 5th, 2021
The New York Yankees are now without a manager. Not only do they have a team to rebuild, they are going to have to repair the clubhouse.

Today, Pedro Grifol was dismissed as team manager, and in what the front office is calling a "disgusting and uncalled for" act, the former field boss vandalized the team's clubhouse after finding out he had been fired.

"He just seemed to snap and started picking up stuff and throwing it down, smashing things all over the place," said a clubhouse attendant who witnessed the incident. "I've seen him mad before ... but never this way."

Team officials have not yet decided whether they will press charges against Grifol.

"Pedro has always had a volatile temper," said the New York GM. "I think that little display tells us we made the right decision in letting him go."

The team is now in the process of searching for a new manager -- and also planning to do some renovations in the clubhouse.

Rommel

Time for some off season dealings!

What I have available.

SP Tim Berry
SP Michael Pineda (free)
SP James Paxton
CF Marcell Ozuna (will include a couple prospects to move his contract)

MIGHT consider moving Wong, Reed or Profar in the right deal.

Between Frazier and running Jackie Jr out there, Frazier was by far the better guy. But yep, terrible.

Interesting side note, David Lopez was put in to start game 7 over a rested Kyle Zimmer and Marcos Diplan.

Zimmer was a 4.7 WAR pitcher on the year, despite losing to PIT twice in the series already. Diplan was a 0.7 WAR pitcher in only 12 games. But had a 2.88 ERA.

David Lopez? Yeah. It was his first appearance in a big league game. I threw him on the roster for emergency relief help.

And Melvin decided to start him in game 7 of the mothaeffin world series.

Because why not.

5th Inning for Lopez: BB, SINGLE, HR, BB, FC, BB, SINGLE, FC, DOUBLE

What a disaster. An epic collapse!

In other news out of New York:

Do you not have control over your rotation? I did that for one season and it went okay, but I couldn't imagine not being able to set my starters in a game 7. The AL is truly cursed. At least the dodgers didn't win this year.

Do you not have control over your rotation? I did that for one season and it went okay, but I couldn't imagine not being able to set my starters in a game 7. The AL is truly cursed. At least the dodgers didn't win this year.

The LEGENDARY Bob Melvin has complete control over the rotation.

Crud, forgot to check my team or the sim went so far that I didn't get a chance to void the final year of Seager's contract, although it looks like he's gonna be a FA so that's fine.

Budget went up, but I've got 3 players who are about to jump from 507k to a couple of million.

My owner now wants me to make the WS in the next 4 years :/

Owner wants me to cut payroll 12 million for no good reason. Doesn't he know my reputation is excellent?

If anyone wants to pick up SS/2B Jace Peterson, I'll throw in a lottery ticket prospect. His contract is off the books if you keep him under 550 PAs. I mismanaged him this year, but I'm pretty sure he can be a valuable contributor if you move him around and play the match-ups. Keeping him wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but he's the easiest way for me to shed some payroll.

brentech

Alright, we have 7 seasons in the book. Going into 2022 season, we need to refresh or member list.

Code:
Current GMs - Open teams are first come first serve.

AL East

Yankees – **OPEN**
Orioles – Dr_LawyerCop
Blue Jays – chairon
Red Sox – **OPEN**
Rays – darkside31337

AL Central

Tigers – Got the Shakes
White Sox – **OPEN**
Twins – synchronicity
Royals – **OPEN**
Indians – brentech

AL West

A’s – CosmicQueso
Angels – DUFFMCWALIN
Rangers – **OPEN**
Mariners – Purple Cheeto
Astros – acheron_xl

NL East

Mets – Dmncnby2k9
Braves – CrimsonCommie
Marlins – ph33nix
Nationals – **OPEN**
Phillies – **OPEN**

NL Central

Cubs – Bog
Reds – **OPEN**
Cards – Shalashaska
Brewers – **OPEN**
Pirates – **OPEN**

NL West

Giants – XiaNaphryz
Dodgers – FrenchMovieTheme
Rockies – **OPEN**
Padres – **OPEN**
D’Backs – Rommel

Correct me if I'm wrong about any of these.

brentech

GOBL homepage updated, along with a new link with league history, right now only past WS winners are on there.
If you have an idea for more info to add to history - let me know.

If nothing changes, we're at 18/30 human controlled teams.

Willing to deal prospects for a good glove, mediocre bat utility infielder than can play 2B/SS/3B.

Also willing to deal prospects for a 50+ Starting pitcher that costs less than $10m, hopefully with some years of control left.

brentech

I think everyone has either uploaded recently enough or confirmed.

Possible change next season: there is a setting that allows everyone to have control of lineups regardless of manager (not sure if it affects rotations). Is this something people would be okay with, or do you want people to have to deal with their managers running it if they're set that way?

edit: I think tomorrow there will be a regular 7 day sim.
Also, I don't know why, but my owner gave the Indians a 22M dollar bump in budget.

Possible change next season: there is a setting that allows everyone to have control of lineups regardless of manager (not sure if it affects rotations). Is this something people would be okay with, or do you want people to have to deal with their managers running it if they're set that way?

Also, I don't know why, but my owner gave the Indians a 22M dollar bump in budget.

I like how it is, gives the game a bit more realism. But I'm open to whatever.

I also like the realism, and it's part of the give and take with having a manager with some power.

It allows me to feel like Billy Beane fighting with Art Howe.

But I guess there's no harm in leaving the option open.

brentech

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

OAK Sends:
Jose Villareal (Class A Beloit)
Jorge Dominguez (Class A Beloit)
David Alvarez (AA Midland)

AZ Sends:
Michael Pineda (AZ)
Brennon Lund (AZ)

currently, I get the message 'Oakland cannot afford the offerred players, they would be over budget for this year, available money would drop by 5.5M to a total of -2,532,670.'

currently, I get the message 'Oakland cannot afford the offerred players, they would be over budget for this year, available money would drop by 5.5M to a total of -2,532,670.'

Well that's odd.

Hmmm.

Wonder if it's because arbitration is pending.

Alright, well, TRADE RENOUNCEMENT!

Guess we'll cancel that for the moment until I can figure out the finances. My finance tab shows positive available budget. Damn.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Nov 12, 2021
Note: 2 sims until arb hearings. make those offers.

Indians organization is going under a full overhaul at the major league level. Two positions were filled from within, while all others are being hired. Going a new direction and I want new staff to take them there. Going back to my season 1-2 philosophy.

Rommel

Well that's odd.

Hmmm.

Wonder if it's because arbitration is pending.

Alright, well, TRADE RENOUNCEMENT!

Guess we'll cancel that for the moment until I can figure out the finances. My finance tab shows positive available budget. Damn.

I think the finances get a bit funky until ARB and free agency filing is complete.

I like having control over line ups, that's part of the fun for me.

Twins organization feeling like we're maybe a piece or two away from big things. Of course, that's assuming good health and the fickle baseball gods not laughing at an optimistic organization.

On the other hand, we promoted a rookie league guy to our big league skipper spot, but he's earned a shot in my view. We'll see how he handles things. He's definitely a baller. (a "Jay Baller" more to the point. :p)

On a side note, just wanted to say I've really enjoyed playing this with all you guys. I know the internet can be a cynical place at times, but sometimes it's nice throw out some good vibes. I appreciate all the fun you guys add via our group dynamic. :)

brentech

Sim: 8 days
Date: Nov 20, 2021
Note: Tomorrow's sim will be 7 days, bring us through arb hearings and having players hit the FA market. Sim after that will be to FA opening,

Top Bottom