• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPERATION DEAD ANGELS: Bringing Bayonetta 1 to the Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I noticed is that the owner's checked square doesn't appear when posting on non-native communities. I think we're all Wonderful 101 lovers here! If not then obviously buy that before asking for Bayonetta 1 lol.

I should have read this before calling out the non-checked posters... D'oh!

Qurupeke

Well, if I don't play Bayonetta 1, I am not planning to buy Bayonetta 2, at least on full price. Please Nintendo, just bring it. And be logical with the pricing...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, what I heard: Bayonetta was/is getting ported to the Wii U, and was/is supposed to release in conjunction with the anime film; Bayonetta: Bloody Fate. Likely a digital release, this was the "logical port" I was making obvious allusions to a little while back.

Had no reliability of the source, though didn't have any real reason to doubt. The lack of news however, along with the anime film hitting cinemas in Japan today, leads me to the impression it wasn't true or plans changed.

To be fair though, the source is in a position to know things related to the anime release details, which is what made it believable to me. Additionally, Bayonetta might be out today in cinemas, but the physical DVD/BluRay release isn't until January 24th next year. So if the information is correct it could still be two months before the port is live, and would be easier to market as a bundle with the anime DVD/BluRay.

So, what I heard: Bayonetta was/is getting ported to the Wii U, and was/is supposed to release in conjunction with the anime film; Bayonetta: Bloody Fate. Likely a digital release, this was the "logical port" I was making obvious allusions to a little while back.

Had no reliability of the source, though didn't have any real reason to doubt. The lack of news however, along with the anime film hitting cinemas in Japan today, leads me to the impression it wasn't true or plans changed.

To be fair though, the source is in a position to know things related to the anime release details, which is what made it believable to me. Additionally, Bayonetta might be out today in cinemas, but the physical DVD/BluRay release isn't until January 24th next year. So if the information is correct it could still be two months before the port is live, and would be easier to market as a bundle with the anime DVD/BluRay.

kinda guessed this was what you were getting at before but if true it does not hurt to push Nintendo knowing NOA they could easily leave us hanging and this ends up a Japan only thing lol

rather keep slamming Miiverse until they talk

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

I have trouble deciding if this is incredible or terrible news. Anyway, thanks for the update!

The fact that we have to beg for a port that should be well underway, lol.

Goodbye Nintendo.

it is a damn backwards company that is way getting Bayonetta 2 exclusive was such a shock to everyone…

still I don't want to suffer like I did with my Mass Effect 3 Special Edition

hope they do the right thing and get my that full story

Neiteio

southpark_nice.png

Neff

I don't have an Xbox 360. I don't have a Wii U. I do have a Playstation 3. I beat Bayonetta on that thing. It wasn't ideal.

I have, in the past, considered buying an Xbox 360. Almost exclusively for a good version of Bayonetta.

I am considering, in the future, buying a Wii U for Bayonetta 2.

If a good version of Bayonetta 1 comes out on the Wii U before Bayonetta 2, then that is when I buy a Wii U. I also then don't need to buy an Xbox 360.

I bought a 360 exclusively for a good version of Bayonetta. If a good version of Bayonetta comes out on the Wii U, then I will buy another good version of Bayonetta. And much to my surprise, there were other good reasons to buy a 360 besides a good version of Bayonetta.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If Reggie's "WE'VE GOT A STEADY STREAM OF 2014 SOFTWARE" isn't all fluff then an early 2014 release of a Bayonetta port would make sense if Bayonetta 2 is a Q3/Q4 title. The source would also probably be in a better position to known details of the anime's physical release as opposed to cinema screenings.

Neiteio

If Reggie's "WE'VE GOT A STEADY STREAM OF 2014 SOFTWARE" isn't all fluff then an early 2014 release of a Bayonetta port would make sense if Bayonetta 2 is a Q3/Q4 title. The source would also probably be in a better position to known details of the anime's physical release as opposed to cinema screenings.
Yeah, if your source is someone who'd be working on the physical release of the anime, it's conceivable he/she may have received word of a Bayo 1 port so they could cross-promote it in the packaging, etc.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

EatChildren

Yeah, if your source is someone who'd be working on the physical release of the anime, it's conceivable he/she may have received word of a Bayo 1 port so they could cross-promote it in the packaging, etc.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

That's what I'm thinking.

Watch it be true, and exclusive for Japan.

let there be hope! spread the good news and make it come true :)

I kinda found it funny Kamiya keeps pushing fans towards the idea this is something he wants to see happen for months now the maybe a troll but he sure kept quiet about TW101 secrets

Tweeted twice and Yeah'd all the Miiverse posts. When I remember, I'll post my own message on Miiverse. I'll also stream some Bayonetta gameplay whenever I can.

Alex

While I'm not all that fond of Wonderful 101 and won't buy it up to make a point, I would nab a reasonably priced Bayonetta port if it were on par with the 360 edition.

I had to sell my 360, but i've kept my copy of Bayonetta because it's easily the best action game ever made (sorry DMC3).

I'd love to replay it someday and if i can do that on the same machine that Bayonetta 2 is coming out on then it sounds like a win-win to me!

Frodo

What Miiverse communities are we going after? W101 community is obvious but anything else?

I was thinking about busy communities like Smash Bros, or YouTube. But anyone, really. It is important that we do pay a lot to make sure Nintendo will see it.

MyBodyisReady

Neo Member
I would buy this! I've heard its amazing. My great friends have described it like playing as a Drag Queen but her shoes are guns and its so good.

I was thinking about busy communities like Smash Bros, or YouTube. But anyone, really. It is important that we do pay a lot to make sure Nintendo will see it.
I think the best thing to do is engage with those of a similar demographic that Bayonetta appeals to. I say...

-The Wonderful 101
-Monster Hunter Ultimate
-Ninja Gaiden 3: RE
-ZombiU
-Resident Evil Revelations

What else? Maybe the more popular General boards as you mentioned as well.

Kouriozan

A port of Bayo 1 should be quick to make and would help Wii U's momentum.
Seriously, it should have been announced months ago! >.<
I'm yeah'ing every post about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom