• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPERATION DEAD ANGELS: Bringing Bayonetta 1 to the Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was once a Miiverse post urging Nintendo to not publish Bayonetta 2 because the content offended his beliefs. He later went on to say his parents wouldn't let him play Zelda because it has magic.

Poor kid. I wish I could find the post now. :(

Raitaro

I've only been able to play it on PS3 so I'd definitely double dip on a decent port.

Count me in!

Me too (already sent the tweet), with one difference: I chose not to play on PS3 so I had to miss the game completely (which is somewhat stupid, I know, but that's why I would jump for joy for a good Wii U port now!).

Hope the campaign succeeds.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
New Wii U owner here. Played maybe half of Bayo1 before I sold my 360. Never picked it up again on PS3 due to the port.

Haven't dabbled much in Miiverse yet, where would be the best place to post a message if I don't own W101?

So, what I heard: Bayonetta was/is getting ported to the Wii U, and was/is supposed to release in conjunction with the anime film; Bayonetta: Bloody Fate. Likely a digital release, this was the "logical port" I was making obvious allusions to a little while back.

Had no reliability of the source, though didn't have any real reason to doubt. The lack of news however, along with the anime film hitting cinemas in Japan today, leads me to the impression it wasn't true or plans changed.

To be fair though, the source is in a position to know things related to the anime release details, which is what made it believable to me. Additionally, Bayonetta might be out today in cinemas, but the physical DVD/BluRay release isn't until January 24th next year. So if the information is correct it could still be two months before the port is live, and would be easier to market as a bundle with the anime DVD/BluRay.
so is the film supposed to be any good or will the wii u port be coming with an additional DVD coaster

Also other than Vanquish this renders what little I used of my 360 as effectively useless.

Frodo

Also added on tweet addressed to @SEGA.

@SEGA We want Bayonetta 1 on the Wii U! Join forces with @Nintendo and @platinumgames to make it happen! #BayonettaWiiU

Johnson81

Neo Member
Unfortunately I've no longer got my Wii U but why not? Minimal dev costs with a small team porting the game, stick a few extras in there and sell a few additional copies of the first game. This is something that makes sense, so Nintendo will probably say "No".

Frodo

No, there's no difference. Port begging is port begging. And asking for the original Bayonetta on the Wii U IS port begging.

Port begging is only an offence when it is in a thread that is not discussing it. Example: Going to the Bayonetta 2 | OT| and asking for the PS4/Xone/PS3/GameGear version would grant you a ban. But opening a thread to discuss a port that was hinted by the DIRECTOR of the game is okay.

Like the situation that happened with Titanfall when they announced that the first game of the series will be exclusive to the Xone and people went to the thread to write things like "2014 on PS4" were banned. Not okay.

Sheroking

No, there's no difference. Port begging is port begging. And asking for the original Bayonetta on the Wii U IS port begging.

Saying "yes, I would like that" after the creator is like "I'd like to port that" isn't port begging in the same sense.

Effect

I'd certainly buy it if it was made. I still need to get Wonderful 101 but that's my next purchase now that I have Super Mario 3D World. I've delayed it for far to long.

This should've been the plan from the beginning, if it wasn't already. Why exclusively grab the sequel to a title that has never seen release on that company's hardware? Port over the first installment to introduce the series to the audience.

If they're even entertaining the idea, that means they probably already planned to do it anyway, and just want the free hype associated with a "campaign".

Did my part with Yeahs and posts. Hopefully we can sustain this for long enough for Nintendo to notice. It's pretty awesome having a way to contact Nintendo directly.

And while I wait, I get to open The Wonderful 101!

Frodo

Did my part with Yeahs and posts. Hopefully we can sustain this for long enough for Nintendo to notice. It's pretty awesome having a way to contact Nintendo directly.

And while I wait, I get to open The Wonderful 101!

Wonderful 101 is a great game to play while waiting for Bayo2/Bayo1.
You can play as Bayonetta so... :D

Having the opportunity to play the original Bayonetta on my Wii U before hitting Bayonetta 2 would be perfect. I'm really hoping that this happens!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
We can play B1 on 360 for like $15. Why ask for another version that will be at full price?

Well it'd make me feel better about buying a Wii U solely for Bayonetta 2 when that comes out I can also retire my 360 to being a shmup-only machine.

Frodo

We can play B1 on 360 for like $15. Why ask for another version that will be at full price?

360 is a console at the end of its cycle. Bayonetta 2 is coming to the Wii U, makes sense to make a port to familiarize the fan base and create awareness and hype. Also, Platinum Games already knows the hardware, so it could be better than the PS3 version or even the 360 one. And we don't know if it will be full price, since it doesn't even exists already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom