• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPINION: Wii U, best console to own in 2014, easily

EH, I can't feel but kind of underwhelmed by the selection of games. And it little to no thrid party support I feel like you aren't missing out on much if you don't have a Wii U. And the new smash bros doesn't really offer anything new to the gamecube version.

Wynnebeck

Banned
XB1 will hopefully get some help with sunset overdrive and mcc.

PS4? Well.... Indies and then more indies and then well if you dont like indies too bad because that's all you are getting till Bloodborne and you are going to like it!

Signed, disgruntled PS4 owner.

Wii U is such a quality console compared to the PS4 and it's not even fair.

Sony is too busy selling consoles and PS plus subs to make anything of relevence lately.

really.gif

LOL are you for real? Did you even watch the direct? Gat dayum it is getting difficult to not get tempted and buy a Wii U like now.

I don't want to post a list war, but did you see the new smash bros direct video? There are tons of new features that differentiate it from brawl. And that is a fact.

for reference:
http://youtu.be/j0BBGzfw0pQ?list=PL2JiZAV5BmDVhHUNup7tkA2N7zwAFcFjG

Yes, I saw it. The post still wasn't wrong depending on whether what was announced tonight are features he's interested in, otherwise there's not much difference.

phanphare

Banned
Yes, I saw it. The post still wasn't wrong depending on whether what was announced tonight are features he's interested in, otherwise there's not much difference.

"And the new smash bros doesn't really offer anything new to the gamecube version."

this is incorrect. there's nothing subjective about it.

Seik

Banned

8BauYdB.png

Seriously though, you gotta admit it's quite a lot different compared to the GC version, it's obvious if you played.

Watching tonight's video was pretty much confirming that Smash U will be the most content heavy, customizable, social Smash experience ever. The GC version didn't have any Stage Builder for starters, even less one in which you can share stages online.

jorgejjvr

8BauYdB.png

Seriously though, you gotta admit it's quite a lot different compared to the GC version, it's obvious if you played.

Watching tonight's video was pretty much confirming that Smash U will be the most content heavy, customizable, social Smash experience ever. The GC version didn't have any Stage Builder for starters, even less one in which you can share stages online.

Agreed. So hyped

Steph_E.

..Did they ever do an handheld and home console launch in the same year? Seems pretty hard.

My thought exactly. Nintendo have a hard enough task releasing a new console/handheld every couple of years, so releasing both in the same year seems like fantasy land to me.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

PS4? Well.... Indies and then more indies and then well if you dont like indies too bad because that's all you are getting till Bloodborne and you are going to like it!

Sony is too busy selling consoles and PS plus subs to make anything of relevence lately.

I laughed so hard at this response..his has to be a joke post....Never mind Sony games...the PS4 alone is the essence of relevancy vs the Wii U.

Upcoming games (Zelda, Yoshi, etc), the release of Smash and Bayonetta 2 alongside its current backlog (3D World, Tropical Freeze, MK8, etc) is making this system seem like a very viable option to me right now.

FloatOn

I think I'm going to pick one up around black friday time.

what is wii u going to be like in 2015?

zelda
mario maker
splatoon
mario party 10

I know star fox is rumored. Could a new animal crossing happen next year? I think that would integrate with the gamepad really well.

nullset2

EH, I can't feel but kind of underwhelmed by the selection of games. And it little to no thrid party support I feel like you aren't missing out on much if you don't have a Wii U. And the new smash bros doesn't really offer anything new to the gamecube version.

I understood your point very well up to the bolded. Come on now.

panzone

I really want to get one... but that terrible terrible gamepad makes me think twice.

You must use the gamepad only for the Settings menù and for one/two games. For the rest you can use the Pro Controller if you like, almost every game support it.

Does it work with most games?, SM3DW, DKCTF, ZWW and similar games???

If so i might just do that.

No problem at all. Works with all of them.

I can really think only to Zombi U as a (good) game that require the gamepad.

krizzx

8BauYdB.png

I still wish they had a story mode. Something to make it fun for single players.

stanley-hudson-nodding.gif

I cannot disagree with this. There is so much wisdom here.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I could say the same for the opposite opinion.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918853

Though, I do not believe the goal here is to convince people why they like Nintendo. It seems it more an effort to point out how underrated the Wii U system is.

I can agree with this.

The Wii U is under rated.
The PS4 and XBO arent the best things since sliced bread.

There is a middle ground some where in there....

Ordered the basic model £199 bundle from Amazon which comes with Mario 3D world, Kart, NintendoLand and WiiU party.

So any advice or anything i need to know before the console arrives on weekend?

I'm guessing 8GB is not enough storage so would a 32GB USB stick be fine to use or just use my hard drive?

How big are demo's and updates?

If i play old Wii games like Mario Galaxy do i have to use the nunchuck or can the tablet/controller pro work on wii games.

How good is remote play on Wii-U for example, will i get issues or lag if i take the tablet upstairs to play games while the system is downstairs

Anything i should get from the Eshop, demos worth trying

Thanks

Top Bottom