• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika releasing on PSVita on March 3rd/4th. Digital only,19.99 $/€

Once again, this is a game that the target audience mostly already knows about. Other people will know about it from forums, reviews and the store update. What kind of fanfare do you even want them to do?

8 or 16 GB cards aren't that expensive, and if you only bought Oreshika and a card it would be the same price as a retail release. And then you can use it for the other games you're missing out on as well.

I dunno. I'm probably just sour indies get more attention on the Vita than (to be honest, the very low) first party. I'm glad it is at a much lower than normal price as that will make people notice it more.

They aren't that bad really, well they weren't. They seemed to have gone up in price since I last checked. I'm kinda waiting on Brandish's EU PSN release before I decide on a bigger card. Though Sukioden 1&2 just came out as well
I think I have more reason to get a new memory card than I realised.

Woah jeez is it 2.8GB? That's quite big. I might hang on to see about the Asian version that people keep mentioning.

They aren't that bad really, well they weren't. They seemed to have gone up in price since I last checked. I'm kinda waiting on Brandish's EU PSN release before I decide on a bigger card. Though Sukioden 1&2 just came out as well
I think I have more reason to get a new memory card than I realised.

Glad to see you might change your mind. I can understand being a bit annoyed by Sony's handling of the Vita, but I honestly think it hasn't been that bad recently. If you don't mind getting one used you should definitely be able to find a 8 or 16GB card at a good price, and it will definitely be worth it. :)

redcrayon

Just posting what I posted in the other thread that popped up. Digital only stuff on the Vita makes me sad because I just won't buy/play it. The lack of advertising for the game and announcing it two weeks before it releases is basically sending the game to die. I really wish Sony cared for the Vita more, it is such a nice system that they aren't willing to even push their own first party titles for.
I think Operation Abyss has been delayed until June for both NA and EU, sorry dude.

Darius

Banned
Wasn´t there a statement that there would be a retail version after complains from PSV owners? No retail version, no interest from my part, we aren´t talking about a small publisher here.

Wasn´t there a statement that there would be a retail version after complains from PSV owners? No retail version, no interest from my part, we aren´t talking about a small publisher here.

That was for Freedom Wars, and nobody bought the retail version.

Why is it so important to you? Are you interested in the game?

Takao

Banned
This is gonna be last first party Vita release isn't it? Regardless, I'm buying the moment PSN updates that day.

Last semi-notable exclusive? Perhaps. Last game from SCE? No, there's a bunch of smaller PSN things coming from them.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I really wanted a cart version of this but I'll take a digital version since it's the only option.

it's just sad that some very small publishers still do retail version on Vita but Sony don't.

18-Volt

Last semi-notable exclusive? Perhaps. Last game from SCE? No, there's a bunch of smaller PSN things coming from them.

Well, Phantasy Star Nova, Digimon Cyber Cleuth and that SaGa game fit into that description. If they'll ever be released in west, that is.

Also I only think of one upcoming "smaller PSN thing" from Sony, Helldivers. Anything other than that? Maybe Helldivers is their real last Vita title.

Darius

Banned
That was for Freedom Wars, and nobody bought the retail version.

Why is it so important to you? Are you interested in the game?

I simply prefer retail copies to digital, it also doesn´t help that their mem-sticks are ridiculously overpriced, but the main reason is that I want to actually have an item I can do whatever I want with and collecting is also an important part in this hobby to me.

Takao

Banned
Well, Phantasy Star Nova, Digimon Cyber Cleuth and that SaGa game fit into that description. If they'll ever be released in west, that is.

Also I only think of one upcoming "smaller PSN thing" from Sony, Helldivers. Anything other than that? Maybe Helldivers is their real last Vita title.

I meant last notable exclusive from SCE. As for other games, there's Helldivers, Guns Up, MLB 15, BigFest, that Sackboy runner, etc.

Shizuka

Severed.

Prelude.

Wow 1k people want a retail release.
Seems worth it

That's because the petition is old, before it was confirmed as digital-only, if the game came out in a few months enough people will vote for it/bother them on twitter and we'd get the game, like what happened with Freedom Wars but this time they purposely kept silent until the last minute to prevent that.

Since the "you're wrong if you want a retail relase because I say so" folks are already at it and can't stop pushing their view on others every time this argument takes place, this might trigger you even further.

https://www.change.org/p/sony-unite...on-of-oreshika-tainted-bloodlines-to-the-west

Let's just cut to the chase. Those guys are literally trying to kill the planet and cripple the American economy /s

Going to write a Final Fantasy VII fanfic about how Shin-Ra was using the lifestream to produce physical releases of games from Wutai Village, and inadvertently created Sephiroth. Avalanche will be digital-only master race, the remnant Sephiroth clones will be Famicom bootlegs and Cloud will have a nervous breakdown when he realizes he's been gamesharing his entire PSN library. Meteor will be stopped by the release of a 9999GB memory card that can contain it.

I simply prefer retail copies to digital, it also doesn´t help that their mem-sticks are ridiculously overpriced, but the main reason is that I want to actually have an item I can do whatever I want with and collecting is also an important part in this hobby to me.

I can get that you like collecting. I just don't understand why that would be the deciding factor. Not that I'm telling you how to spend you money, I just don't really get it.

Since the "you're wrong if you want a retail relase because I say so" folks are already at it and can't stop pushing their view on others every time this argument takes place, this might trigger you even further.

https://www.change.org/p/sony-unite...on-of-oreshika-tainted-bloodlines-to-the-west

Do you have numbers?

A petition that failed to get even a thousand people? Such demand!

As for FW sales, it was low enough that they no longer do retail releases on Vita, didn't chart anywhere, and never reached any notable sales milestones that Sony wanted to share. Be realistic here. Retail versions of these games is not worth it for Sony. I bought FW retail, but the audience for these games in the west is small. Sony knows that. Then consider that for Oreshika, the first game on PS1 and the PSP remake never came to the west at all.

That's because the petition is old, before it was confirmed as digital-only, if the game came out in a few months enough people will vote for it/bother them on twitter and we'd get the game, like what happened with Freedom Wars but this time they purposely kept silent until the last minute to prevent that.

You really think that Sony announced this title late to prevent a petition? lol

Top Bottom