• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OreShika: Tainted Bloodlines' performance will influence SCE's conclusion about JRPGs

Takao

Banned
I'm sure it doesn't involve the western market. Considering it's not getting a physical release, their expectations should be close to zero.

Still, I'll do the same I did with Tearaway and pick it up on day 1... if japanese impressions are favorable.

Who said it's not getting a physical release in the west?

fvng

The last JRPG I remember coming out of SCE

Okage.jpg

Actually..

It was this beautiful beast

folklore-ps3-cover.jpg

Jawmuncher

i would take a new Legend of Dragoon over Wild Arms I have to say.
Wild arms at least had sequels. LoD was just left alone and sitting on the PS1

DJIzana

i would take a new Legend of Dragoon over Wild Arms I have to say.
Wild arms at least had sequels. LoD was just left alone and sitting on the PS1

As much as I enjoyed the first two Wild Arms games... I would have to agree. The battle system and the pre-rendered backgrounds were a perfect mix. I really wish we had a new one too. =(

Not really. If you want more good games from a genre, buy good games from said genre. It's not that hard to follow.

There's a reason we didn't get more Sakura Wars games here.

The mention of Sakura Wars actually made me say "Wow, somebody actually knows about it!" then the remaining of the sentence reminded me how such people in the West are far and between.

It needs to have a presence before you can use this as the "test game" as some have previously said. This game has little to no media attention, is a sequel to game that was never localized and is gonna get that "Niche" game label pretty hard..

To be fair, the only Sakura Wars game ever to be localized had very little connection to the previous games. It's essentially a reboot for the series. The inclusion of Sakura and Oogami at the beginning was more of a fan service than anything else. I was hoping that NISA would've localized Atsuki Chishio Ni (the PS2 remake of the first game in the series) instead of STV. But then again, they probably thought STV would be a lot easier to sell given its setting and it being the most recent game.

On topic though, I'm looking forward to OreShika's localization. I really hope it does well to help the localization of more JRPGs.

Alastor

Every sales data about every new title of every video game company influence their future development decisions.

This is just "please buy our game" statement.

The Wild Arms comment was added by ATXAlchemy. It's his opinion, and not what was written in the blog post. He originally had the Japanese text, and his translation in quote tags with the WA quip outside of it. Since you can't double quote, I just copy/pasted the translation, and the formatting made it look like it was part of the blog post. I've edited the OP to make note of that.

Oh, and I just noticed that I got the game's subtitle wrong ... I'll PM a mod about that.

Here's two previous threads on the game:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752387
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776810

All Vita games are released on PSN.

Thanks for the links, appreciated. What a gorgeous aesthetic. Now I just have to pray we get dual audio...because I couldn't stomach such a beautiful game sodomising my ears with subpar dubs.

If Nintendo ensured Fire Emblem / Bravely Default had dual audio, surely Sony can for this.

zeroshiki

This is not a hunting game, wtf.

Its a turn based RPG dungeon crawler with heavy emphasis on party management in between "raids."

Usobuko

Banned
I thought it looks good, accessible and has a distinguishable style of its own. Shouldn't be that hard promoting it.

Wereroku

It's possible but I wouldn't count on it. We know Soul Sacrifice Delta is digital only in the west. But, Freedom Wars is physical. I guess it's kind of a toss up about this one.

American audiences are less likely to buy content upgrades like this just look at UMVC3 and DD:Dark Arisen the numbers tanked on those. They just want to get it released to the people they know will play it.

Takao

Banned
It's possible but I wouldn't count on it. We know Soul Sacrifice Delta is digital only in the west. But, Freedom Wars is physical. I guess it's kind of a toss up about this one.

Unless the reviews, or sales for the game are really poor in Japan, I can't see it being DD-only over here.

fvng

I enjoyed both those games, and would love to see another mid or bigger budget JRPG from SCEJ or a developer affiliated with them. (on a home console)

So would I, Game Republic died (the developer that worked with SCEJ on this game) but I think SCEJ is more than competent enough to make another game as good as Folklore

tumblr_mzpwwnSlcH1r1uxwwo1_500.png

CNCOMICS

Actually..

It was this beautiful beast

folklore-ps3-cover.jpg

So would I, Game Republic died (the developer that worked with SCEJ on this game) but I think SCEJ is more than competent enough to make another game as good as Folklore

tumblr_mzpwwnSlcH1r1uxwwo1_500.png

Mmm, Folklore. I need to just buy this game. I borrowed it from a friend twice, but never got to finish it before returning it.

joe2187

Banned
Just downloaded the JPN Demo.

It looks fucking gorgeous!.

However It's very menu based and seeing as I cannot read anything, Im lost.

I think I just had a baby with Naruto or some shit.

Sinople

I completely forgot the demo was out. Downloading now.
I hope it's not the total rehash of the first game the screenshots make it looks like.

Top Bottom