• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

orioto

Good Art™
C6fiONYWMAE5UoP.jpg:large

Link for walls and poster!

orioto

Good Art™
Well Gaf is too young to know megaman i get it :p

It probably discovered gaming with psx! This one should be more relevant!

Voted by the patrons 2 weeks ago and done last week. Incoming Thursday.

What is a HIND D doing here, Colonel ?

This should be good :D

Also, have you ever done a System Shock / Shodan art ? Google has failed me.

Your Metal Gear art has always been my favorite. Can't wait to see this one finished!

orioto

Good Art™
Thx!

eO73wGT.gif

You're pretty good.

What does first 20 marked mean? And you are doing a WRPG? That isn't very common for you, no?

As there is no limit anymore but i need people to buy the new stuff when each week to keep some money flowing, i had this idea but i think nobody cares lol.

Basically you have this on the 20 first sales

Mark1st.jpg

So any print sold after those 20 won't have that. That's like a first edition proof lol.
And yeah western rpg but i've been opening my mind lately!

Thx!

As there is no limit anymore but i need people to buy the new stuff when each week to keep some money flowing, i had this idea but i think nobody cares lol.

Basically you have this on the 20 first sales

Mark1st.jpg

So any print sold after those 20 won't have that. That's like a first edition proof lol.
And yeah western rpg but i've been opening my mind lately!

Gotcha. Hopefully that will help you out! Is Patreon helping in anyway bringing you a more stable income?

ANd glad to hear that you are more open to different types of projects! : )

orioto

Good Art™
Gotcha. Hopefully that will help you out! Is Patreon helping in anyway bringing you a more stable income?

ANd glad to hear that you are more open to different types of projects! : )

It's sllloww, some weeks i have more people deleting their pledge than people pledging..
Each time i promote patreon to thousand of people each week i got like 1 new patron, this time not even. It's never going to be something big enough to really help me, but we'll see.

And i get more and more people deleting or downgrading their pledge, wich makes me feel they finally realized i'm not worth the support lol. I really feel like shit each time someone does that.

But yeah first month was 150 euros in the end after cut, second was 244 i think. But it's stagnating, maybe it'll even shrink now.. This week i just lost one patron and one other downgraded from 5 to 2$. Great.
That only confirms me what i always thought, which is wht i do doesn't have enough value for people to actually support me, unlike other artists.

I really have absolutely no idea!

For now i'm working on Sand of Time and it's a hell!

Also next saturday i'm starting a short 15 hours class (as a teacher) about art direction in a big videogame school in paris, so i have to work on that. i've never done that before.
Woah! That's gotta be exciting! Congrats! What do you plan on talking about?

orioto

Good Art™
Woah! That's gotta be exciting! Congrats! What do you plan on talking about?

Graphic coherence in games, how to think about what would be a good art direction for a certain game, a certain story, looking for references in other mediums with lots of examples of course, but also how a smart art style can make budget restrictions more easy and less visible etc.. But it's short, 5x 3 hours, and half of it will be practical, with something they'll have to do (like re-imagining an old game lol cause the guy who hires me clearly wants that i think :p)

orioto

Good Art™
pop tease before Thursday.

C8A9bNdXQAAX92E.jpg:large

This one was voted. I pick a 10$ patron every month and he get to choose whatever he wants. He can choose a 80's master system game he's the only one to know if he wants lol.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
I was finally able to put the four new prints on the walls in my apartment. So here is my little orioto art gallery:

Living room: Majora's Mask, Journey, Okami
img_20170331_131742miol1.jpg

Kitchen: Wind Waker, The Last Guardian
img_20170331_1319209cp20.jpg

img_20170331_131816c2qzd.jpg

Bedroom: Ni No Kuni, Ocarina of Time
img_20170331_132101xcpxx.jpg

img_20170331_132134uxp0b.jpg

I moved my OoT print from the living room to the bedroom where it fits better. All of them are amazing, I love them!

orioto

Good Art™
I was finally able to put the four new prints on the walls in my apartment. So here is my little orioto art gallery:

I moved my OoT print from the living room to the bedroom where it fits better. All of them are amazing, I love them!

Wow, i'm impressed :) Also classy and elegant house!

I forgot to post my new art yesterday lol i'll post it later today

Lucent

These are art prints, right? They look great.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
These are art prints, right? They look great.

Yes, they are 80x60 cm art prints. The frames are just basic 20 € black wooden frames I bought at a local furniture store. I think they are great though, especially for that price.

I am amazed by your last creations Orioto. It would be so great if you could do another Super Metroid art. I've recently watched speedruns of it and it really made me want you to capture its intense atmosphere again. What do you think ?

orioto

Good Art™
I am amazed by your last creations Orioto. It would be so great if you could do another Super Metroid art. I've recently watched speedruns of it and it really made me want you to capture its intense atmosphere again. What do you think ?

hmmm the last one didn't sell that much :p But i'd like to do some more this year yeah. I've done a lot with metroid already so i'd have to find something else.

JDHarbs

The clothing thread on gaming side sparked the idea, but have you thought about doing graphic tees?

Just a thought. I think it might be cool with your art.

orioto

Good Art™
The clothing thread on gaming side sparked the idea, but have you thought about doing graphic tees?

Just a thought. I think it might be cool with your art.

Well i was thinking about that actually but i don't like the idea of my actual art on tees caus it's not done for that. I've had many guys offering me some sort of deals for that but i always rejected cause i don't like tees with just a plain rectangular art in the middle that's ugly.

So i would need to find an original concept. And i prefer the idea of subtle references and not too heavy tee designs

orioto

Good Art™
This is one of your best ones!!!!

IS there a limit? I plan on grabbing this when there is a 20% coupon

Well i tried to lower my margin by half the first week so there is already 20% off, but it seems nobody is buying it anyway.

I really doubt i'll be doing all that shit anymore in one year from now, it's just dying. I don't know what to do anymore.

Tamanator

Bought your Windwaker one for a mate's 21st, will frame it when it arrives. Did the same for a friend last year with the Pikmin piece and he loved it.

That's a real shame that sales have slowed down for you.

Well i tried to lower my margin by half the first week so there is already 20% off, but it seems nobody is buying it anyway.

I really doubt i'll be doing all that shit anymore in one year from now, it's just dying. I don't know what to do anymore.
Oh I didn't know it's already 20% off! I'll order one tonight.

orioto

Good Art™
This is really cool! A quaint transformation of Horizon's art direction.

Thx!

Bought your Windwaker one for a mate's 21st, will frame it when it arrives. Did the same for a friend last year with the Pikmin piece and he loved it.

That's a real shame that sales have slowed down for you.

Nice :p

Oh I didn't know it's already 20% off! I'll order one tonight.

Actually ut's better if you wait for the redbubble cut lol, cause the one i did here is a bigger cut on my margin. It's just to make new comers buy directly. Of course it's not working i won't do it again..

Actually ut's better if you wait for the redbubble cut lol, cause the one i did here is a bigger cut on my margin. It's just to make new comers buy directly. Of course it's not working i won't do it again..
Sure! I'll wait then. Would have redbubble take the hit instead of you

Top Bottom