• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Mario rpg this week, voted by patrons

DEoUcWQWsAIS9Lk.jpg:large

Links
Buying this :O

Very cool, thanks for sharing! The purple clouds on dark sky remind me a lot of the title screen of my favorite SNES game, FFVI; it was such a memorable moment for my 1994 self. Also love the mist / smoke trail behind Mario. :)

Lucent

Mario rpg this week, voted by patrons

DEoUcWQWsAIS9Lk.jpg:large

Links

Looks so much better on here than it did on the facebook post. Dat compression.

The only thing I would want added is the rest of the party. Otherwise it looks great. I wouldn't want something this dark in my living room. Buutttt...maybe above my bed in my room. Lol.

orioto

Good Art™
Looks so much better on here than it did on the facebook post. Dat compression.

The only thing I would want added is the rest of the party. Otherwise it looks great. I wouldn't want something this dark in my living room. Buutttt...maybe above my bed in my room. Lol.

Well the rest of the party.. It's the intro scene actually, where only Mario is here :p

orioto

Good Art™
Was going to say just that, but I never played a lot of Mario RPG and didn't know if he returned later on with the full party. :D

Maybe he does actually, i never finished the game. Did it in japanese back then and there is a written enigma at some point. never could go further.. I'll do it again on SNES classic (i would prefer on Switch VC actually -_-)

orioto

Good Art™
i didn't show you the incoming FFVII art by the way

FFVIIwip01.jpg

Well it's pretty different from that in the end but you'll see on thursday (or on my redbubble lol)

Also i'm sorry but my poster sales dropped by 40% since i stopped the limit, so i'll have to go back at it. And i'll be more aggressive with it.

So now, each new poster is there one month only, and it'll be back 2 years later (that way you know what's the deal)

Hadn't seen the Portal one, neat! I don't recognize the scene, I assume it must be from the latter half of Portal 2? I never finished it, didn' grab me as much as the original.

The Final Fantasy one is looking like it will be amazing! Very well chosen scene.

And yeah, time-locking the posters seems to be a pretty wise choice; people tend to put off buying stuff unless given a hard limit. It's pretty much the same principle behind sales, too.

orioto

Good Art™
Hadn't seen the Portal one, neat! I don't recognize the scene, I assume it must be from the latter half of Portal 2? I never finished it, didn' grab me as much as the original.

The Final Fantasy one is looking like it will be amazing! Very well chosen scene.

And yeah, time-locking the posters seems to be a pretty wise choice; people tend to put off buying stuff unless given a hard limit. It's pretty much the same principle behind sales, too.

Hehe i chose that portal scene thinking it was cult but it seems nobody remembers portal ending :p

cptodin

Well yeah but it's the only shot where we are free (not for long!), and the only one outside so i thought people would remember it.

I remembered it because of this reason. All the time you are trapped inside and at the end you get to see the exterior which create a lot of questions like where is it, why, who etc.
I really like the sky btw

i didn't show you the incoming FFVII art by the way

FFVIIwip01.jpg

Well it's pretty different from that in the end but you'll see on thursday (or on my redbubble lol)

Also i'm sorry but my poster sales dropped by 40% since i stopped the limit, so i'll have to go back at it. And i'll be more aggressive with it.

So now, each new poster is there one month only, and it'll be back 2 years later (that way you know what's the deal)
Can't wait to see the final version! FFVII is one of my favorite games! :3

I think that it's a good idea going back to the limits. Are you going to keep past ones unlimited or make those limited? Maybe you could introduce in one of the Patreon tiers, either the $5 or $10 level, that allow someone to by pass the limitations of posters once a month?

orioto

Good Art™
Can't wait to see the final version! FFVII is one of my favorite games! :3

I think that it's a good idea going back to the limits. Are you going to keep past ones unlimited or make those limited? Maybe you could introduce in one of the Patreon tiers, either the $5 or $10 level, that allow someone to by pass the limitations of posters once a month?

I can't technically have prints available only for some patrons unfortunately! And i tend to think patrons are already giving money so they're not the one i should target to buy posters :p

May have missed em but are there any MGS paintings?

Yes, 2 of them!
MGS and MGS 3

it's the ending :D

Yeah people seem to have forgotten it som much, cause that's actually pretty close from the game shot :p

pGCZvcO.jpg

orioto

Good Art™
Thx guys!

Hooooleeeesheeeet. All your art is amazing but I'm truly at a loss for adjectives for this. It's simply stunning. How in the hell can you make something like this in so little time? (I'm not an artist but anything short of several months for something like this feels like sorcery to me).

Don't forget it's matte painting! It's some trouble but it can also save lots of time when you're efficient with it! Photos of birds, clouds, water, wrestlers (hahaha) etc.. where used for that :p

Thx guys!

Don't forget it's matte painting! It's some trouble but it can also save lots of time when you're efficient with it! Photos of birds, clouds, water, wrestlers (hahaha) etc.. where used for that :p

It's amazing how I can't see any of that in the final product. Well, not entirely true, I can indeed see a Cloud. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One Winged Angel is your best one so far.

I am amazed. Literally mind fucking blown. I am buying a huge one right now

My mind just convinced me I was getting ready to fight Sephiroth as soon as I laid eyes on that painting. Felt like I was teleported right behind Cloud getting ready to face off.

Good god man! [/thumbs up]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Trying to figure out which one of these are regular ass paper (but high quality of course) that I then can put in a frame?

Poster?

Art Print???

orioto

Good Art™
Thx guys :)

Trying to figure out which one of these are regular ass paper (but high quality of course) that I then can put in a frame?

Poster?

Art Print???

Art print will be easier to frame cause standard. Posters have a A2 format that is not standard for photography frames (what you find in stores)

Now art print are thicker but less shiny, more flat.
Or you have the photographic print to, or even directly framed or canvas :p But i know they are super expensive.

Yoshichan

Thx guys :)

Art print will be easier to frame cause standard. Posters have a A2 format that is not standard for photography frames (what you find in stores)

Now art print are thicker but less shiny, more flat.
Or you have the photographic print to, or even directly framed or canvas :p But i know they are super expensive.
Art Print it is! Thanks a bunch Orioto!

Mannnnnnnn I am clearly way LTTP on this stuff, Orioto, but your work is incredible.

It's actually perfect, because we close on a new house September first and I've gotten the go ahead to get some stuff to decorate the basement where I'll have the HT setup.

I showed the fiancée the Super Mario RPG one and she was actually like "That's pretty cool." I'm thinking I'm gonna pick up a couple!

Also good question Yoshi I would've asked the same

b3b0p

Orioto,

I purchased the Quackshot print a while ago, but I can't seem to find a wallpaper for this. Do you have a wallpaper of this print I can use? I checked out all the wallpaper packs you have listed, but I don't see it. Did I miss it? Thanks. I just would like to have a match for my desktop on my PC.

orioto

Good Art™
Mannnnnnnn I am clearly way LTTP on this stuff, Orioto, but your work is incredible.

It's actually perfect, because we close on a new house September first and I've gotten the go ahead to get some stuff to decorate the basement where I'll have the HT setup.

I showed the fiancée the Super Mario RPG one and she was actually like "That's pretty cool." I'm thinking I'm gonna pick up a couple!

Also good question Yoshi I would've asked the same

Thx :)

Orioto,

I purchased the Quackshot print a while ago, but I can't seem to find a wallpaper for this. Do you have a wallpaper of this print I can use? I checked out all the wallpaper packs you have listed, but I don't see it. Did I miss it? Thanks. I just would like to have a match for my desktop on my PC.

Well i have to admit this is a mess there are so much! It's in the full pack for the patreons but i don't remember where it was before. I put it online for you anyway, here it is

Also while i'm at it, here is the incoming botw art

Botw02wip01.png

trying to decide right now on some prints

was going to get a medium art print of the new one, the SM RPG, and a poster of the tietra's fall because FFT is amazing

will the small (23.2" x 16.4") fit into a 24x18 frame with a slight mat behind it? I dont mind that, I just really dont want to fuck up the edges of the poster.

Qwark

Just realized Tietra's Fall is on sale again, and bought :)
Probably my favorite video game artwork, just amazing work Orioto.

orioto

Good Art™
trying to decide right now on some prints

was going to get a medium art print of the new one, the SM RPG, and a poster of the tietra's fall because FFT is amazing

will the small (23.2" x 16.4") fit into a 24x18 frame with a slight mat behind it? I dont mind that, I just really dont want to fuck up the edges of the poster.

Hm you mean a poster format into an art print frame ?

Just realized Tietra's Fall is on sale again, and bought :)
Probably my favorite video game artwork, just amazing work Orioto.

Thx and yes everything is on sale again :p

Lucent

Thx :)

Well i have to admit this is a mess there are so much! It's in the full pack for the patreons but i don't remember where it was before. I put it online for you anyway, here it is

Also while i'm at it, here is the incoming botw art

Botw02wip01.png

Just looking at this and the composition alone I can tell this is gonna be good.

Hm you mean a poster format into an art print frame ?

Thx and yes everything is on sale again :p

yeah, but i emailed redbubble and they did not recommend trying that. I'll have to order 2 art prints now and wait on the mario RPG one for next time.

Great work with these though!

edit: whoops didn't take it out the cart so I ordered all 3 lol

just means my next order can have different stuff

orioto

Good Art™
Just looking at this and the composition alone I can tell this is gonna be good.

I'm finishing it tonight for patrons, i hope it'll deliver!

yeah, but i emailed redbubble and they did not recommend trying that. I'll have to order 2 art prints now and wait on the mario RPG one for next time.

Great work with these though!

edit: whoops didn't take it out the cart so I ordered all 3 lol

just means my next order can have different stuff

Hm yeah i noticed the art prints are way more expensive in usa actually, they are cheaper in Europe. They do not have the same fabrications prices cause different factories are printing them.

orioto

Good Art™
BOTW second one

DGUUarvVwAApqlP.jpg:large

Links, walls, posters (now one month only, don't forget!) >> patreon.com/posts/13635688

Next week, the patrons voted, Madmax and secret of mana were first and then, out of nowhere, Stardew Valley won lol. I prefer that actually :p

BOTW second one

DGUUarvVwAApqlP.jpg:large

Links, walls, posters (now one month only, don't forget!) >> patreon.com/posts/13635688

Next week, the patrons voted, Madmax and secret of mana were first and then, out of nowhere, Stardew Valley won lol. I prefer that actually :p

Beautiful, thanks a lot! I love that it's such an unusual take on BotW, rather than depicting the green rolling hills, there's a lot of stuff in this one that people that haven't played wouldn't recognize: the dragon, the divine beast beam, the blood moon...

Your other BOTW piece is also breathtaking, capturing that famous moment from the trailer so well.

Stardew Valley is crazy popular indeed, much more than Harvest Moon for some reason. This is the first time you're doing a Stardew Valley piece? I love your 16 bit overhead pieces so much, I'll look forward to it.

Top Bottom