• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

jblank83

I can see why some people find the centered subject boring...

That's the little thing i keep, at the base of super different art with different color schemes, composition, moods etc... to have something recurrent, cause i want something recurrent in my art.

I think it works really well in some pieces, just not in all of them. I also think it somewhat limits your potential for expression. Some of my favorite works of yours are not strictly subject-center, for instance the 30 Years of Mario or the Secret of Mana.

I appreciate your explanation though. It was very thoughtful.

Keep up the great work.

orioto

Good Art™
I think it works really well in some pieces, just not in all of them. I also think it somewhat limits your potential for expression. Some of my favorite works of yours are not strictly subject-center, for instance the 30 Years of Mario or the Secret of Mana.

I appreciate your explanation though. It was very thoughtful.

Keep up the great work.

You know the 30years of mario is something really different lol.. How do you want to compare this and that..

As for the Secret of Mana on, if you're referring to the snowy one... It's basically the same as what i'm doing now, except at that time i was composing for a widescreen format, which was dumb as fuck, cause that's posters i'm selling :) Now i compose things as posters, not as videogame screenshot anymore. The posters on redbubble are A format, so i have to think with that in mind. That som art wold be difficult to do like that with that format actually.

jblank83

You know the 30years of mario is something really different lol.. How do you want to compare this and that..

As for the Secret of Mana on, if you're referring to the snowy one... It's basically the same as what i'm doing now, except at that time i was composing for a widescreen format, which was dumb as fuck, cause that's posters i'm selling :) Now i compose things as posters, not as videogame screenshot anymore. The posters on redbubble are A format, so i have to think with that in mind. That som art wold be difficult to do like that with that format actually.

Yes, that's why I said not strictly. It's a different type, a different form.

No, I mean the vertical Secret of Mana work, with the tree.

butalala

Thx guys :)
I can see why some people find the centered subject boring...

Hey, thanks for responding and explaining the thought that's gone into the choices you make. The posters really do feel epic, so you're doing what you set out to do!

I want to make sure that you know that I don't think what you're doing is simple or lazy. I can tell that a lot of work goes into each of your pieces, and you seem to have a new one every week! The fact that the Pikmin piece in particular is very complex was not lost on me. I almost went back to edit that in.

I'd like to conclude this post by suggesting you do a piece of art based on Civ 5.

orioto

Good Art™
So i went for the Golden Sun art as one guy has been requesting it to me for an eternity. And i like that location!

GoldenSunwip01.jpg

Trevelyan

Banned
Thanks Orioto. The Pikmin piece is about as perfect as it can be. I went and ordered a framed one so I don't have to deal with framing it myself, hopefully this nets you more $$ =p

orioto

Good Art™
Thanks Orioto. The Pikmin piece is about as perfect as it can be. I went and ordered a framed one so I don't have to deal with framing it myself, hopefully this nets you more $$ =p

Thx to you, and yeah i get a percentage of the price so i get more when you buy a frame:)

orioto

Good Art™
Here it is for my first Golden Sun one. It's not my best he.. It was a pain in the ass :p

CcJ6qpTWIAEInTg.jpg:large

Print (50): HERE
Walls: HERE

Next is FFVI i think cause it's been too long now since the last one :p Now what scene.. I'd like to have them chronologically, after the intro one.

orioto

Good Art™
Well

NarsheWIP.jpg

Hmm i'm going to need some courage to do this one.. (In the end i'm doing one art for every minute of FFVI lol, it's like the shot after the last one :p)

Lucent

I just ordered 3 posters! Redbubble currently has a deal where you get 20% off for using LEAPDAY as a promo code. I'm not sure how long it'll last, but it worked just now.

orioto

Good Art™
I just ordered 3 posters! Redbubble currently has a deal where you get 20% off for using LEAPDAY as a promo code. I'm not sure how long it'll last, but it worked just now.

Nice thx i didn't know! They do that often and it seems people who already bought from them are notified. I generally sell nicely when that happens. It wasn't the case before.

God i still didn't start any piece this week -____-.
I've been contacted by a nice french dev who debuts in the gaming dev and he's open to work on my projects. I'vebeen trying to think about what we could do. I really want to be able to do my own game one day.. Workin' on a strange concept of tactical shoot them up for now

orioto

Good Art™
Can you do a new FFVII one soon as well?

But the first one i did isn't sold out yet :p

But yeah i'll do another one i guess, i need a good idea.

The Dark Souls is sold out to :p So i'd like a new one in that series maybe next week. Why not Bloodborne after all.

BumRush

But the first one i did isn't sold out yet :p

But yeah i'll do another one i guess, i need a good idea.

The Dark Souls is sold out to :p So i'd like a new one in that series maybe next week. Why not Bloodborne after all.

Absolutely, do Bloodborne first.

Amazing work as always.

I personally love your work the most when it looks like it's straight out of a screenshot of the game in motion rather than a cutscene, and particularly classic, sprite-based games with a side or overhead perspective (really, any other than third person / behind the back that is so ubiquitous in modern games). It's, after all, what drew me to it so many years back; unsurprisingly, my favorite ones from this latest thread page are the FFT and the Chrono Trigger ones. :)

orioto

Good Art™
Thx guys!

Amazing work as always.

I personally love your work the most when it looks like it's straight out of a screenshot of the game in motion rather than a cutscene, and particularly classic, sprite-based games with a side or overhead perspective (really, any other than third person / behind the back that is so ubiquitous in modern games). It's, after all, what drew me to it so many years back; unsurprisingly, my favorite ones from this latest thread page are the FFT and the Chrono Trigger ones. :)

Well yeah that's the thing, i had to discover and embrace the fact that posters sell when they look like poster, with poster composition, no screenshot one :)

Lucent

My posters should be here by Wednesday. I just need to find frames that fit them. I can't wait though. My living room is in serious need of decoration.

tr00per

Here it is for my first Golden Sun one. It's not my best he.. It was a pain in the ass :p

CcJ6qpTWIAEInTg.jpg:large

Print (50): HERE
Walls: HERE

Oh

My

God.

I clicked on this thread from the title. I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread until now. I want to decorate my house with your art. Your work is amazing, but seeing this instantly recalled the music and brought a tear to my eye...I have no money but I need this. I will buy one as soon as I can. Bravo.

EDIT: Browsing through your website I am overwhelmed by emotion. I can't believe that I missed so many of these! I have seen your work across the web but I'm so glad I have
found the source!

orioto

Good Art™
It's kind of obscure, but something from Killer7 or The Silver Case would be great.

I don't even know what the silver case is :p

Definitely going to pick up the Narshe art. Any chance for Suikoden/Suikoden II, Wild Arms, Parasite Eve?

Yup i'll have fun with those at some point i guess.

Oh

My

God.

I clicked on this thread from the title. I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread until now. I want to decorate my house with your art. Your work is amazing, but seeing this instantly recalled the music and brought a tear to my eye...I have no money but I need this. I will buy one as soon as I can. Bravo.

EDIT: Browsing through your website I am overwhelmed by emotion. I can't believe that I missed so many of these! I have seen your work across the web but I'm so glad I have
found the source!

I'm always super happy when somoene tells me my art gives him feels! Thx!

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Torn between buying that Pokemon one because Pokemon, or trying to keep as lowkey as possible like your Windwaker one.

Either way, I need a Bloodborne print asap!

Edit: While I'm here, more FFX too please :).

Thx guys!

Well yeah that's the thing, i had to discover and embrace the fact that posters sell when they look like poster, with poster composition, no screenshot one :)

I see, I guess it's to be expected. :) Really, this is just an extension of games at large: I prefer sprite based ones, but most people want polygonal, third or first-person ones. :) It's still awesome of you to keep making screenshot ones even if they're not the most financially sustainable, so thanks for that on top of thanks in general as always for your amazing, unique art.

Lucent

Posters arrived! They look even better in person. Now I just need to find those frames. I really don't want to pat a lot for a weird size so I'm wondering how they'd look in a standard frame.

orioto

Good Art™
Posters arrived! They look even better in person. Now I just need to find those frames. I really don't want to pat a lot for a weird size so I'm wondering how they'd look in a standard frame.

I'm still confused :'( What size did you order exactly ?

orioto

Good Art™
I don't really know about this A2 stuff. If the frame was supposed to say that, there isn't one that does where I work (Walmart).

It should be standard but sometimes they only have photo size frames. But why don't you order one online somewhere. You'll have some shipping cost but it should be cheap. Frames can be 10 euros sometimes.

Robiin

Finally got my big poster framed. It's hanging in my home office :) chose a bright oak frame which I felt fit well. Sorry for the bad picture which doesn't do the art justice..
badzyIS.jpg

Top Bottom