• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Netflix marvel series which is the best?

MEsoJD

Banned
The Punisher is just in a league of it's own. It's done very well and touches on certain subjects with respect. It might be slow in parts, but action and characters are executed very well.

That said, I think
- Dare Devil Season 1 and 2
-Jessica Jones
- Luke Cage

These are absolutely terrible.
- Defenders
- Iron Fist

I've watched the first 3 episodes of the Punisher and wow, amazing so far. Hope it doesn't fall off a cliff in the second part of the season like most Marvel shows.

Grinchy

Banned
I've watched the first 3 episodes of the Punisher and wow, amazing so far. Hope it doesn't fall off a cliff in the second part of the season like most Marvel shows.

It's good up until the last episode. Then it slingshots right back to being a terrible Marvel show. You'll see when you get there.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I think all the Netflix ones are poor tbh although I haven't gotten far in either as I lose interest.

Atrus

Gold Member
For me, Daredevil Season 2 was the best followed closely by The Punisher. I really like the way they developed the story in The Punisher but having Punisher, Daredevil and Kingpin with their related actors was incredibly satisfying.

I can't wait for Punisher Season 2.

Mr Clutch

I think all the Netflix ones are poor tbh although I haven't gotten far in either as I lose interest.

giphy.gif

I'm not a big binge-watcher because I get bored too quickly without heavy rotation (same with games) but the Punisher was the only Marvel/Netflix series I didn't get burned out watching about 2/3 the way through.

I was skeptical going in that the character could justify even 10 episodes but I could have watched Jon Bernthal and Ebon Moss-Bachrach for another 13 episodes and not get bored.

It's good up until the last episode. Then it slingshots right back to being a terrible Marvel show. You'll see when you get there.

8 episodes in and has been the best Netflix Marvel ride so far. Can't wait to know what you mean about the last episode though lol

Grinchy

Banned
8 episodes in and has been the best Netflix Marvel ride so far. Can't wait to know what you mean about the last episode though lol
haha well I'll be interested to find out if you feel the same way after the last one. I thought it was the best Marvel show so far up until that one. I guess it might still be the best one.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Daredevil and punisher by quite a long way

Then Jessica Jones and avengers

Luke cage and iron fist are shit tier

For me it would be Punisher and DD S1 at the top. With DD S2 next, with Jessica Jones after. Then Luke Cage, with Defenders and iron fist at the bottom.

haha well I'll be interested to find out if you feel the same way after the last one. I thought it was the best Marvel show so far up until that one. I guess it might still be the best one.

Finally finished it. Yeah, that last episode had some (very) questionable choices, and after all that had already happened i was expecting that final fight to be better. Still the best part of the episode though, specially considering what came after that.

Well, to me it still sits on top of all the other series, followed by DD S1

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The one problem I found with JJ was that it got repetitive because they kept the focus on Kilgrave. Didn't she only take like only 1 solo case the whole season?

My memory of Jessica Jones is spotty, but I believe so. The one where she had the fake clients or something. All of the Netflix shows kinda have that problem, where it's one story stretched across a season. Some well written filler would go a long way in preserving the integrity of the season long arc, and letting the show develop characters in different ways

ThisGuy

Punisher
Luke cage

The rest don't hold my interest. Tried three times to get through the first episode of dare devil. Can't do it. 🙄

Top Bottom