• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Park Baseball 18 (OOTP18) - Official Thread and NeoGAF League

Brinbe

That's fucking awesome and a bit surreal to see. Been playing OOTP since OOTP 4 and its crazy to see how far its come.

brentech

Very cool Rich. That was fun to see.

Sim: 3 days
Date: Oct 15, 2018
Notes: 2 games played in each Division Series contest.

brentech

Date: Oct 18, 2018
Notes: A bunch of series tied at 2-2. We will advance through to the CS tomorrow.

Indians only team that secured a spot. took 13 innings in game 4 to lock it up

brentech

Sim: 2 days
Date: Oct 20, 2018
Notes: I had to sim a tad early today to make sure it got done.

ALCS
Angels vs Indians

NLCS
Dodgers vs Mets

Those contests will begin tomorrow.

brentech

Sim: 5 days
Date: Oct 25, 2018
Notes: I wanted there to be at least 3 games played per Series, in order to do so, the NL has 4 games done and the AL 3, over 5 days.

AL
Angels up 3 games to 0 over the Indians

NL
The Dodgers and Mets are locked up 2-2

The AL team played sub .500 baseball in 3 out of 6 full months. In the 3 months they played over .500 they went 44-28.

Go NL.

Also they were picked to finish last in the AL, 35 games back of their division leader. They had one of the worst offenses in the AL but won almost 60% of 1 run games, which is incredibly flukey (sounds like their last World Series run).

The pitching staff had the second fewest strikeouts in the AL but was number 1 in BABIP. So either lucky or really good defense.

The NL team went .500 or better every month but 1, where they were 3 games under. They won over 60% of their games every month but two. Despite this they were 5 games under .500 in 1 run games and they have some serious relief talent on the DL.

They had the best staring rotation in the NL, but a bottom tier bullpen (possibly due to all the injuries). The offense was middle of the road.

I'm definitely going to spend some time this offseason figuring out what went right. I think it's defense and a strong bullpen, and having Trout and Longo be able to give me just enough runs to win close games. I have an above average to elite defender at every position and pitchers that seem to pitch to contact. I don't like my pitching matchups against the Mets but hopefully Trout can put the team on his back and let us steal some games.

brentech

Date: Nov 6, 2018
Notes: We have a winner in 6!

With a 6-0 win over the Los Angeles Angels at Citi Field today, the New York Mets wrapped up their 3rd title in team history.

The Mets left little doubt who was the better team. Celebrating a banner year, "team" was the word of the day in the victorious clubhouse after the game.

"Hitting, pitching, fielding; those are all things you need to win, but most importantly you need a team, a team that works together toward the same collective goal," said New York manager Pedro Lopez. "Our players felt that way all year, and they played that way. When one guy had an off day, 24 others stepped up their game and filled the void."

A jovial mood filled the air as New York celebrated into the night. The city's mayor said parade plans were underway and a "huge celebration" would be in order.

"I hope they have a big celebration," Los Angeles manager Mike Scioscia said. "They deserved to win this series and they deserve to celebrate it."

Woooo!!! Nice run Angels! Man my starters were great this year!! Start of a dynasty baby!!

Screen-Shot-2015-09-26-at-8.59.24-PM-660x400.png

Congrats Mets. I was playing with house money. Should have a lot of money for FA so I could try to build on this success. Not sure if I'll be able to work similar magic again.

brentech

Sim: 1 days
Date: Nov 7, 2018
Notes: Offseason officially begins. Salary arbitration is available. Make your offers or pull them.

4 teams have changed ownership, including my own. =\

brentech

Sim: 14 days
Date: Nov 21, 2018
Notes: Larger sim to get us closer to arb hearings, which will happen tomorrow. So make your offers!

I'm a little disappointed that Bauers (rookie leader in WAR, AL SS in LF) lost ROY to Gavilanes, but I'm not at all surprised. Voters dig the long ball.

Pyrogeek

My laptop is out of commission for the time being and my playtime in general is toast with work picking up. I think it is best for me to step down from GMing the Red Sox. I don't know when my next upload will be.

Top Bottom