• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Park Baseball 18 (OOTP18) - Official Thread and NeoGAF League

brentech

Sad to see you guys go. Red Sox and Rockies GMs retired.
Do appreciate letting me know at the start of the off season so the CPU can actually do its thing, though.

Sim: 8 days
Date: Nov 29, 2018
Notes: Salary Arbitration is complete. Check your outcomes, get ready for free agency to open tomorrow.

Side note: The Indians have no money again.

Will Myers is on waivers if someone needs a power hitting 1B.

Open to trading Brad Hand away if someone needs a strong bullpen lefty under control for cheap. Looking for starting pitching prospects.

brentech

Sim: 8 days
Date: Nov 29, 2018
Notes: FA is now open.

It looks like we have 14 people in the league, not counting 2 that I'm unsure of based on last export date.

norm9

Forgot to check in last few days. Good luck to whoever gets 1B Matt Adams and CL Kelvin Herrerra. Adams was pretty beastly and Kelvin didn't have much to work with since the team was rarely in a closer situation.

Wonder if any of your coaches have a relationship with him?

Could have been the salary structure. I'm a big fan of giving guys opt outs. I figure if they opt out of a backloaded contract I'm not paying for decline. Still, it'll be interesting to see how I manage my salary going forward. I absolutely can't lose Trout when his deal is up. It's amazing how easy building a winner around a guy like that is.

Rommel

Could have been the salary structure. I'm a big fan of giving guys opt outs. I figure if they opt out of a backloaded contract I'm not paying for decline. Still, it'll be interesting to see how I manage my salary going forward. I absolutely can't lose Trout when his deal is up. It's amazing how easy building a winner around a guy like that is.

Probably was that, I had no opt out and a team option at the end.

The off-season sucks when your budget is already millions in the red.

There's only like one guy I want to sign and he wants a minor league deal with a bonus but I'm $66k in the red so I can't offer him that.

I think I found a way to sign him but ugh.

It doesn't help that I have no ML caliber SS/2B right now. Curse you OOTP aging system!

The Padres are in the mood for trading for cheap minor league starting pitchers. If you're in need of a utility guy I got a bunch, also have Christian Bethancourt, a 56 OSA OVR catcher and some bullpen arms to deal.

norm9

Thought I had 6 million to spend on free agents. Turns out I am over budget by 6 million. Gonna just pilfur my minor leaguers and promote them hoping that'll make a difference.

Well I'm out on Prieto. I went real strong and was hoping to make a big splash offensively, but I think my resources are better spent elsewhere. Got a couple small targets I was looking for this sim. Still have plenty of room to fill a few more holes.

On the trading front, if anyone is looking to shed salary, I've got space I could use if the return is worthwhile.

brentech

I love it when guys reject your offers when nobody else is interested in them. I guess enjoy early retirement?

As long as it shows up in your pending offers, then they are just holding out for a better deal. So if no one makes a better offer, they will accept with you at a later date.

brentech

Aunk4iP.png

Sim: 3 days
Date: Dec 21, 2018
Notes:

Top Bottom