• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

mellow

I forget how much I loathe Arcade Mode until an event comes around, really wish we could earn the wins in QP for free lootboxes

kabel

If someone wants the ingame background as a wallpaper:

TC95llN.jpg

edit: uncompressed

HeavenlyE

First 8 boxes the best thing I've gotten is a single purple...and it was coins

I never get good stuff during these events, I always have to buy the skins I want on the last day

I dunno what it is about "limited" skins, but I haven't played Overwatch in months and I still felt compelled to play Heroes of the Storm for those skins. Looks like I'm back to playing Overwatch now too. I want the Hanzo and Genji skins the most. I was lucky enough to get the Soldier skin, and I have 3000 credits saved up, so if I can't get anything from loot boxes, I'll have to settle with spending my life savings in credits on Genji.

Jag

I had 12 games and always close to 4/3 or 4/4 and havent won one yet...

Heroes of the Storm events only requires you to play (with a friend) to win. I'd rather play double or triple the amount of games with a guaranty rather than base it on wins.

Hackworth

Heroes of the Storm events only requires you to play (with a friend) to win. I'd rather play double or triple the amount of games with a guaranty rather than base it on wins.
If they're gonna keep Random Heroes in the Arcade, they really need to make the loot boxes based on games played.

I want my Sym 6 stack back.

Capture the Flag is the most miserable shit in this game, I swear. It actively makes Overwatch worse.

I like the new Arena stuff though!

jediyoshi

I cannot imagine anyone disagreeing with me on this forum about videogames, when I say that I don't think anyone would ever want to play a first-person shooter that has no respawning during the rounds.

Better not look at literally the 2nd and 3rd most played games on Steam by a wide margin.

pMjjGZF.png

DevilDog

I feel like I cannot say this enough, the people who make the art and UI for Overwatch are absolute bosses.

The anniversary background, the white and gray colors and reflections, just great.

Also I can feel the sweat coming from the dev team to make that background group photo in the main menu while keeping it in line with specifications.

Marcel

I can't think of a less enjoyable time to spend in a video game than wandering around an empty arena and have a match end in less than 10 seconds when you finally run into someone. Duels in this game are trash.

Spent about 300 bucks on loot boxes, got everything except the thing I wanted.

mjcry1.png

Why not wait with buying boxen untill the last day of the event in case you get good stuff in your free boxes? I could understand if it were themed skins like christmas or halloween stuff, but these are just random skins.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I was just coming in to ask if now is a good time to enter the world of Overwatch and here is a page full of complaints

The overwatch game playing audience likes the game.

The overwatch buy lootbox and complain about the results on twitter then shelf the game until the next event audience don't :v

Spent about 300 bucks on loot boxes, got everything except the thing I wanted.

mjcry1.png

If you're spent $300, there's no way you don't have enough coins to buy what you need.

Also, why are people buying lootboxes now? You should always wait until the last day, so you don't spend money only to then naturally get duplicates of the stuff you want through gameplay.

TheYanger

I was just coming in to ask if now is a good time to enter the world of Overwatch and here is a page full of complaints

This weekend is a free weekend, just give it a shot. It has a learning curve to be sure, but the game is great. People complaining about cosmetics are pretty...idk. silly? Complaints can be valid, but at the end of the day it's a part of the game that could literally not exist too.

Okay got it. Yeah, I have never been an in game loot box person.

Last question: PS4 Pro or Xbox One S versions?

Whichever controller you prefer, the pro enhancements are not realistically noticeable.

This weekend is a free weekend, just give it a shot. It has a learning curve to be sure, but the game is great. People complaining about cosmetics are pretty...idk. silly? Complaints can be valid, but at the end of the day it's a part of the game that could literally not exist too.

Whichever controller you prefer, the pro enhancements are not realistically noticeable.

Thanks much! Will download when I get home.

Berordn

My PC is out of commission so I just want to check before I scramble to pay for loot boxes, are the anniversary skins exclusive to the event or are they just plain lootboxes?

Vic_Viper

Got Sentai Genji and the Cyber Russian Chick. Really want Cyber Hanzo but im not spending any more money lol. Wish there was an easier way to unlock these skins.

jetsetrez

I think the Genji and Hanzo skins look awesome, and Dva looks pretty nice (though I probably wouldn't use it over Officer Dva). I don't really care for the rest though.

The real main attraction, though, is that Winston dance. That is the best.

Top Bottom