• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

Rocketz

Because I'm weak I already bought 24 boxes.

Got Tracer (the first one of all her seasonal skins I got in a box), Symmetra, and DVA plus a handful of dances. Up from 650 to 2300 coin as well.

I'd be happy when the event ends with Zarya and Gengi skins as well. Pharah is right behind that.

Rodelero

I am really, really happy with the changes to 1v1 and 3v3. Totally refreshes both modes in my opinion. Haven't played regularly for a while, but had loads of fun tonight, and my God there are some great skins in this batch. Lucio, Genji and Mei are all fabulous.

How many hours a week do you play the game on average?

I stopped playing around mid season 2, I just log in to open event loot boxes now, I'll return once Ana falls out of meta.... permanently.

I wanted Zarya's skin but to me unlocking the thing with coins isnt the same as getting it in a loot box.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I stopped playing around mid season 2, I just log in to open event loot boxes now, I'll return once Ana falls out of meta.... permanently.

You spent 300 dollars on loot boxes for a game you don't play? Kayo plz.

I thought my memes about people who buy lootboxes not playing the game were untrue :(

Spent about 300 bucks on loot boxes, got everything except the thing I wanted.

mjcry1.png

why don't you just buy the items with coins? surely you'd have enough after most of those real world purchases?

E-flux

I opened tons of boxes during uprising and didn't get a single event skin. Hopefully this is not the case haha.

Between me and my buddy we have opened over 30 boxes and have yet to see a event skin, i have been mostly getting useless coins and one purple sitting emote for mei..

Alucrid

Banned

I wanted Zarya's skin but to me unlocking the thing with coins isnt the same as getting it in a loot box.

i like how none of this post makes any sense

I love the changes in 1V1 and 1V3, hope they saty around after the event is done!
The hunt for Sentaï Genji is on! Not a single skin out of 8 loot boxes opened, tho. But the Overwatch coloring book is out for preorder on amazon, so everything's fine!

Unless you're at least plat the meta means nothing beyond at least one support is nice.

Big Nikus

Spent about 300 bucks on loot boxes, got everything except the thing I wanted.

mjcry1.png

I think we're starting to get it you know. Are you going to casually drop that you're richer than all of us at every occasion you can ? For every event ?

Should I buy another 500 dollars worth of loot boxes for this event too.

Please no Blizzard.. I've already spent over 3K across 3 different accounts collecting skins.

mjcry1.png

Whatever makes you happy.

I've gotten 5 loot boxes so far, two had legendaries in them. They were both old skins. C'mon!!! Have gotten Tracer and Roadhogs dance emotes, though.

vocab

Did the same people who thought a WHITE SCREEN WITH YELLOW font was a good idea the same people who worked on the old ps3 store?

cakely

Ok, I was skeptical but 3v3 lockout mode is legit. I really like it.

I cannot imagine anyone disagreeing with me on this forum about videogames, when I say that I don't think anyone would ever want to play a first-person shooter that has no respawning during the rounds.

It feels like there's a whole genre out there of one life per round FPS.

Counterstrike, RS: Siege, COD search and destroy, for example.

You're being sarcastic, aren't you. You got me.

Also, Mercy can still rez you in this mode. I've seen a few clutch rezzes already and I just started playing like two hours ago.

ramyeon

Bought 50 boxes, got the Dva event legendary 3 fucking times and a bunch of duplicate non event legendaries. I swear it gets harder to get event legendaries every time.

I feel like I used up all my legendary luck already, last box I opened before the event had Odette Widowmaker.
Third box of this event was Dune Buggy Bastion (ehhhhhh), fifth box Plague Doctor Reaper.

That's three legendaries in two days for me even, I imagine I'll still be having to shell out for Lucio or Mei when it comes down to it like with Yeti Winston and Sanzang Zen in past events, I never actually get the ones I want from the boxes.

Top Bottom