• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

Agkel

WHAAAAAAT THE FUUUUUCK?!?!?

I dropped $20 on boxes and got 1 yellow and it was a dupe. I noticed that Blizzard has been fucking around with drop rates since boxes became available to be earned through game(*to clarify I meant the boxes from arcade and participating in events) but this is kind of crazy! I usually drop about $60 every event but this might be what makes me stop supporting the game.

RNGESUS HITLER CHRIST!

Quonny

Reading all these lootbox horror stories makes me just shake my head and smile. Oh how times have changed since the shitting on gacha mobile games.

I just like opening loot boxes okay, its a thing for me.

Blaaah, spent 20 bucks on boxes, nothing great...dupe of a legendary Roadhog skin, the Bastion event skin. I've already got the Miyzaki-esque Bastion skin, so I'm good - the event skin looks kind of lame, tbh. I'll at least have enough gold to pick up one of the new skins by the end of the event. I really need to wait until the end of these things to buy any boxes, but Blizzard has me in its salty grip.

WHAAAAAAT THE FUUUUUCK?!?!?

I dropped $20 on boxes and got 1 yellow and it was a dupe. I noticed that Blizzard has been fucking around with drop rates since boxes became available to be earned through game but this is kind of crazy! I usually drop about $60 every event but this might be what makes me stop supporting the game.

RNGESUS HITLER CHRIST!

But they've always been earnable in-game, unless you mean the arcade mode boxes. Still china's laws say they must list lootbox chances and so I doubt they'd go and change it now...

... but I also got 1 gold item in 20 boxes...

Clipse

Still need 5 skins and 12 emotes after opening 101 boxes. Adding so many legendary skins at once was a mistake. Or a genius idea by Blizzard.

Luigi87

I open my free box, get Roadhog's dance.

A friend of mine just opened hers, she got both Genji and Hanzo's anniversary skins in it.

x_x

Got Zarya as my first loot box legendary. Didn't have one for her on PC so that's cool, even though it's one of my least favourites.

Bought Symmetra because I had to. Hoping for Lucio, D.va, Tracer and Soldier. Rest would be nice too.

Hiltz

I don't spend money on loot boxes in Overwatch, but I did get the blond ponytail pink skin for Sombra earlier today. It may not be a new one, but I'm still happy about it. As for the new event skins, I'm hoping to get Tracer, Symmetra, Genji and/or Zarya's.

antitrop

Haven't played for months now =\

Used to main mercy, still occasionally check out the Overwatch threads and subreddit, and all the talk I saw a while back thrashing Mercy and saying she isn't a viable main anymore turned me off of getting back into the game somewhat.

I'd like to hop back in when I manage to find more game-playing time but I just hope the game hasn't passed me by with all the new characters and shit.

She was in a real rough spot for Season 3, but Mercy is the best she's been for a long time right now. A few months ago, she got a buff that makes her invulnerable for a few seconds after using Rez. I climbed from Diamond to Grandmaster mostly playing Mercy in soloqueue this season.

Between the Ana nerfs, the Lucio rework, the Zen buff, and the Mercy buff, the Support class is the most balanced its ever been right now.

SugarDave

Got the Symmetra skin already, shame I'm absolute dogshit at playing her. I'd like to get the D.Va, Lucio and Hanzo skins too. As for dances, Mercy will do, but Sombra's moves are the GOAT.

Maximus.

Bought a few boxes and got a lot of legendaries, more than ever before. Some boxes gave me 2 legendaries. So far I got the Tracer, Genji, Pharah and Symmetra legendary event skins. I also got a gold reaper icon!

Linkark07

Banned
Well, third loot box and got the D.Va skin. Not bad.

After that, some random loot that doesn't interest me and a legendary Rein skin.

Man, I'm glad they brought back Total Mayhem in arcade. That mode is my favorite. So much craziness, and I love it.

So I bought the dva skin (must have) & Sombra's sit emote
And also dropped $60 (typically what I do for each event) on some loot boxes and got

Sym skin x2
Zarya skin x3 (3 times!!!)
Bastion skin
Mai skin

8-9 dance emotes (Woo got Sombras! :D)

And I'm pretty close to 3000 gold again but I'll wait until the end of the event to cash it in.

Is there a reason the GOTY edition is literally double the price of the regular? It's just 10 loot boxes and a couple skins right?

breadtruck

Is there a reason the GOTY edition is literally double the price of the regular? It's just 10 loot boxes and a couple skins right?

Its only $10 more (at least during this sale.) Its basically the Origins Edition, but with 10 loot boxes.
NspPp1u.png

Personally Id say stick with the Regular. I hate all the Origin skins, and you can get plenty of loot boxes in game while at low ranks. No need to pay for them.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Bought 5 boxes and got nothing, I can't afford to burn more money so that'll be my lot for the event, now I have to rely on RNG which is never on my side, I'm at about 15 boxes total without a single decent event item. As always my friend has multiple new legendary skins already, you may remember me complaining about him getting every Summer Games skin (some more than once) whilst I got nothing (we opened the same amount).

Its only $10 more (at least during this sale.) Its basically the Origins Edition, but with 10 loot boxes.
NspPp1u.png

Personally Id say stick with the Regular. I hate all the Origin skins, and you can get plenty of loot boxes in game while at low ranks. No need to pay for them.

Not in the uk.

20R7edB.png

I can allow most of it, but the origins skin is the only tracer skin I think I like.

I always have pretty good luck during these events. I only missed out on the mercy & blue torb skins last event and the reinhardt skin during year of the rooster.

Anyone else having trouble downloading the update on PS4? It was stuck preparing to download at 10% for a few hours so I cancelled it and started it again, nothing. I restarted my PS4, nothing.

I've never had this problem for so long, it usually gets stuck at 10% but just continues to download after a few minutes. Anyone know a trick to fix it?

Frogstep

I like being teased with 3 legendary popups only to get currency, a Widowmaker skin and then the same Widowmaker skin. My first three boxes back to back, by the way.
The rest of the boxes after have just been spray and voice line repeats.

I think I may just sit this event out. ;(

Wanderer5

Well now I got Symmetra's skin lol. I should give her some more love nowadays (especially after noticing a bit ago that Blizz actually confirmed she was autistic).

Symmetra's skin is so lovely, even through it covers her face.

Top Bottom