• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Halloween Event is live on PC/PS4/XB1 (4P co-op Brawl, new cosmetics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Looking at the origin story given, she lost everything during the Omnic Crisis & had to use her abilities with computers to survive. She worked with the Los Muertos gang in Mexico (the guys that Soldier: 76 went after in his animated short), but had to go underground when she attracted unwanted attention to her. She was eventually recruited by the Talon organization (the group that Reaper & Widowmaker are with) after spending her underground time upgrading something (likely her tech).

Fancolors

guys, guys. what if this... is also part of the ARG?

Can I just get like new skins for characters that I can use my 4k on that are not tied to time limited loot boxes? Blizzard don't like it that everyone seems to have 2-4k in the piggybank so they wouldn't have to even buy lootboxes to get the new skins? It would help if you actually had a steady stream of that kind of content coming in so people would have things to spend that in-game cash on. The money kind of piles on after months of no regular new skins to spend that hard earned cash on. Skins aren't the priority number one content I'd want of course, but seems like it would be the easiest to produce on a regular basis. I love me some skins.

If that's what Sombra looks like then she is definitely what I thought she would look like. Not a bad looking character of course.

I suppose the main problem with putting more skins in this game is maintaining its visual identity. TF2 said 'fuck it' and now the characters look like a goddamn mess.

Wonder how the game will look like in a few years.

DMONKUMA

Really? I feel like it isn't edgy enough. Where's the sugar skull even. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I imagine they will have a skin with the skull on it. It kind of the same thing that happen with Ana.

Really hoping there's a skin that resembles this

Sombra_Silhouette.png

Looks like a shuttlecock with legs

Zomba13

I was kinda hoping the maps would get halloween decorations on them, WOW does that every year.

And certain TF2 maps (and pickups become themed too).

Would be nice if they did it, or at least altered the skybox to make them like, spooky night time or something.

Why would you take a picture of her model and leave a mouse cursor in the middle? whyyyyyyyyyyyy

...But anyways, she certainly looks distinctive. I bet she has a good evil laugh, better than reaper's tryhard version; her demeanour just screams sinister.

I wonder what she does with those claws? With a traditionally-short ranged SMG, I'm wondering if she's going to be the elusive close-combat support hero. (Defense and Offense are too stacked to add another hero to their roster, IMO.)

Chuck

Still without luck
The only thing that matters to me is the Junkrat and Roadhog skins.

GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVE

Gator86

I put in 100 hours on Overwatch then immediately lost all interest. Maybe a new character will bring me back. I was expecting way more support for this game than 1 character in 5 months post release. They should have plenty of cash from their whaling and time limited gacha boxes you can't buy with the in game currency supposedly for buying boxes.

I put in 100 hours on Overwatch then immediately lost all interest. Maybe a new character will bring me back. I was expecting way more support for this game than 1 character in 5 months post release. They should have plenty of cash from their whaling and time limited gacha boxes you can't buy with the in game currency supposedly for buying boxes.

Currency is not for buying boxes.

mollipen

The game isn't even five months out from launch yet. Post-launch, Blizzard still had to get a major component (Competitive Play) into the game. And, since launch, we've already gotten one new character, a new map (which temporarily brought a completely new game mode), a major event, numerous new unlockables, and handfuls of patches to fix or update how characters or gameplay works.

I cannot believe the short attention spans some people have these days.

The game isn't even five months out from launch yet. Post-launch, Blizzard still had to get a major component (Competitive Play) into the game. And, since launch, we've already gotten one new character, a new map, a major event, numerous new unlockables, and handfuls of patches to fix or update how characters or gameplay works.

I cannot believe the short attention spans some people have these days.

100 hours isn't very short.

NeoRaider

Isn't that Sombra design pretty much the same as that one badly photoshopped "leak"?

EDIT:
This is the one I was thinking of:

Guess not the same, but same colour scheme. Also, saw yet another "sombra in dorado leak" also with a pink/purple colour scheme.

Lmao these are so fake and badly done XD

I just noticed that the purple tip of her hair kind of juts out forward. Is it going to be bobbing around in first-person the entire time?

mollipen

100 hours isn't very short.

Having lived through all of the gaming eras where people played static versions of games for years until sequels or upgraded versions hit, it is to me.

Sure, our expectations for games have now changed, but I'd still argue that five months is nothing and that we've gotten plenty in that time, never mind the fact that you have to have realistic expectations for what can come out in the months soon after launch as the game (and its flow of content) properly ramp up.

I'm still curious how a hacker will play in this game. Maybe her powers interrupt other abilities? Like she hits you and you can't use any abilities? Or maybe she's really good at taking out shields and turrets from a distance? I'm impatiently curious.

AHK_Hero

I hope that's real! Her design is so cool.

A character with an SMG should be an interesting inclusion as well. Wonder how they'll handle bullet spread and ranged accuracy.

antitrop

Wonder what role she fills into. Probably a Defense hero. At least she has an SMG, so she should be able to get kills.

Looks more like a Battleborn character.

After so many great designs it was just a matter of time until they made a character look generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom