• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Halloween Event is live on PC/PS4/XB1 (4P co-op Brawl, new cosmetics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blam

It's real. I just checked the address that was on the picture. It linked directly to a blizzard hosted site.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Having lived through all of the gaming eras where people played static versions of games for years until sequels or upgraded versions hit, it is to me.

Sure, our expectations for games have now changed, but I'd still argue that five months is nothing and that we've gotten plenty in that time, never mind the fact that you have to have realistic expectations for what can come out in the months soon after launch as the game (and its flow of content) properly ramp up.

Halo 5, Rocket League, and Rainbow Six Siege all make Overwatch's post launch support look like a fucking joke. It is inexcusable.

Hopefully the new brawl will let us collect points to spend on Halloween items. I need those Junkrat and Roadhog skins but I don't trust my luck.

Having lived through all of the gaming eras where people played static versions of games for years until sequels or upgraded versions hit, it is to me.

Sure, our expectations for games have now changed, but I'd still argue that five months is nothing and that we've gotten plenty in that time, never mind the fact that you have to have realistic expectations for what can come out in the months soon after launch as the game (and its flow of content) properly ramp up.

I lived through that to but I am kind of in a similar spot. Probably put a few hundred hours and now just play the game a few hours to try a new update. To be honest I think the game overall has me burnt out they could add someone new every two weeks and I would probably still would feel the same.

JBwB

Nice desgin!

Because of her SMG-like weapon I'm getting the impression that she'll have very fast paced playstyle. Could be wrong though.

Hope she has a cool personality and looks good in motion. Not a fan of the haircut but if I like her im sure it will grow on me....now the only question is, is she defense or support?

UberLevi

Hate that design, hopefully she has a cool skin like Ana's Shrike skin. Oh well, maybe Doomfist will have a cool default.

hydruxo

So chances are Sombra will be out by the end of this month? Or the beginning of November?

Next week. Halloween event will probably start Tuesday since the lootbox leak says the event ends on November 1st. That would make it a 3 week long event, just like the Summer Games event in August. With 100+ cosmetics, they have to give the players ample time to work on collecting them.

antitrop

Hope she had a cool personality and looks good in motion. Not a fan of the haircut but if I like her im sure it will grow on me....now the only question is, is she defense or support?
2 Supports in a row would be extremely unlikely. She's probably DPS or Defense.

Although I could see her being a Support in preparation of moving Symmetra into the Defense category with her potential redesign forthcoming.

SeanR1221

2 Supports in a row would be extremely unlikely. She's probably DPS or Defense.

Although I could see her being a Support in preparation of moving Symmetra into the Defense category with her potential redesign forthcoming.

Symmetra is getting re designed?

Symmetra is getting re designed?

Jeff said not wholesale, like how some people want her turrets to heal allies as well as damage enemies etc. He said they'd rather move her to Defense than do that sort of change but did admit they're looking into the numbers side of things but her adjustments won't be that soon and more likely some time next year. I think.

Edit: If Sombra is still friends with Reaper then it'd be cool for her to be a sort of tech-based tank buster.

daman824

Event sounds amazing. Hopefully they change the time of day on Eichenwalde and add some spooky sound effects for it

SeanR1221

Jeff said not wholesale, like how some people want her turrets to heal allies as well as damage enemies etc. He said they'd rather move her to Defense than do that sort of change but did admit they're looking into the numbers side of things but her adjustments won't be that soon and more likely some time next year. I think.

Edit: If Sombra is still friends with Reaper then it'd be cool for her to be a sort of tech-based tank buster.

Ah cool.

I'm thinking of abilities....

I bet she can make herself invisible or set up decoys of herself.

Ultimate will be making the team invisible or appear as friendlies.

Fancolors

I love the TF2 Spy, but I can't imagine a character like that working in OW. He works well on pubs with 9 to 12 people and if there are no more than two, but it's kinda hard to not notice there is a player on the enemy team missing when it's constant 6v6.

labx

Banned
Sombra's a character? Thought for sure it was gonna be something like this:

bvFCIou.png

wait, what? Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom