• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch has destroyed me

GokouD

Asheron's Call (early MMO) took over my life in the early 2000's, my play time on my main character was over 6 months, and I had a secondary with around 2 months play time. This over roughly 3 years. It literally changed the course of my life, I ended up putting off university for a couple of years and when I did go I met the woman I'm married to now. Everything in my life would be totally different if not for my cousin stumbling across the Asheron's Call Beta and telling me about it.
These days I consider myself destroyed if I stay up half an hour past my bedtime playing Splatoon 2, but that's being a father for you!

I played Starcraft at least once a year through 2009, a year before SCII came out. I loved making maps on that thing, and I rigged some maps and actually made friends on B.Net from people who thought the changes were hysterical. =P

But by and large, I just loved the game, I loved the story in the campaign, I loved what people created, and I played so much for so long due to that map editor.

Top Bottom