• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

kingkitty

giphy.gif

You've got until I finish my drink.

thanks

when i die i want to drag your body with me

Ty4on

I am Junkrat, two shot veteran.

Twice in the game I can use a Concussion mine, killing the anyone targeting me. I've never really been a NK target so I've never used it.

cabot

I am Junkrat, two shot veteran.

Twice in the game I can use a Concussion mine, killing the anyone targeting me. I've never really been a NK target so I've never used it.

Surely you would've considered being a NK early on? when almost everyone is on the table.

Ty4on

N3 was the only time I thought about it, but I figured I'd be a magnet for investigative roles when I saw a lot of people struggling to read me.

*Splinter

We need to pick two targets today. One to lynch and one for Bronx' chain hook.

Depending on what happens overnight we will likely need to lynch Bronx' target, so basically we just need our top 2 lynch targets.

To spell it out, I'm assuming there is only one scum left, so now Bronx is effectively another hider. If we tell him to target town, scum can choose to kill Bronx to paint that townie as scum, but since that target is a top candidate anyway it's not a big deal that we got a false flag on them.

Comprendé?

Let's try kitty and Ty. Ty no veteran shenanigans pls.

Actually I guess we can lynch Ty, chain hook kitty.

Pull your head out of my ass, Xam.

Oh and if Bronx survives tonight then we can try again, if he survives again we lynch him (that would be before lylo right?).

How many do we even need to check?

Ty
Kitty
Stan
Xam
Maybe nin?

Example to see if this works:
Lynch Ty, chain hook kitty, I die overnight, kitty is now confirmed town and Bronx can try again.

Or

Lynch Ty, chain hook kitty, Bronx dies overnight, lynch Kitty, he was town but we're no worse off than doing nothing and lynched the same people we probably would have anyway. Oh and scum was forced to kill Bronx, bringing the confirmed players ever closer to lylo.

Yeah that'll do.

Ty4on

That's... brilliant.

------------------------------
Unconfirmed:
Ty4on
kingkitty
StanleyPalmtree
Bronx-Man
Xamtheking

Confirmed
*Splinter
~cabot
~nin1000

Lynch me, hook kingkitty, Splinter dies

Unconfirmed:
StanleyPalmtree
Bronx-Man
Xamtheking

Confirmed
kingkitty
~cabot
~nin1000

Lynch Stanley, hook Xam, kingkitty dies

Unconfirmed:
Bronx-Man

Confirmed
Xamtheking
~cabot
~nin1000

No lynch, hook nin, Xam dies

Unconfirmed:
Bronx-Man
~nin1000

Confirmed
~cabot

Either we've already captured/lynched scum or Bronx is scum.

Ty4on

If scum plays a curveball:

Unconfirmed:
Ty4on
kingkitty
StanleyPalmtree
Bronx-Man
Xamtheking

Confirmed
*Splinter
~cabot
~nin1000

Lynch me, hook kingkitty, Bronx dies

Unconfirmed:
kingkitty
StanleyPalmtree
Xamtheking

Confirmed
*Splinter
~cabot
~nin1000

We're in a better position with no confirmed(ish) dead and two unconfirmed dead.

cabot

The plan's good lover, but I can't help but feel you choosing to lynch Ty over kitty when I had my whole build up there as anything but a personal insult against me.

This is how you treat #TeamJamie?

You don't deserve the gold.

cabot

VOTE: Ty4on

I always struggle to read you Ty, but I was reasonably sure you were Town on this one.

See you in another life, brother.

cabot

The only foil here is if the last scum is roleblocker, and will probably be able to do a block and kill together since he's the last man standing, meaning he could block bronx and do whatever the hell he wants.

*Splinter

The only foil here is if the last scum is roleblocker, and will probably be able to do a block and kill together since he's the last man standing, meaning he could block bronx and do whatever the hell he wants.
I would think chain hook has to have higher priority since it affects targeting.

Ty4on

VOTE: Ty4on

I always struggle to read you Ty, but I was reasonably sure you were Town on this one.

See you in another life, brother.
I'm just happy I got to vote some scum out :p
At least it wasn't a new Heist.

VOTE: kingkitty

I don't think scum has a blocker. We have so many targeting roles and nobody have said they were blocked.

cabot

Blocker is the simplest explanation as to why AB is dead.

I know what I am, and scum nin has been covered. There's a lot of questionable convolutions to get there.

Only other possibility I can think is scum switcher, though there should have been 2 kills in that case. Scum switch AB with scum, and kill someone else. Possible they targeted me since I hadn't claimed before that night phase, but still a little complicated.

A roleblocker in an all PR game is pretty useful for scum.

cabot

CONFIRMED ROLES:

TOWN

1. Haly [m] DEAD ADRENALINE JUNKIE
    [*]Burbeting [m] DEAD REVIVER
  2. Mazre [m] LYNCHPROOF INNOCENT CHILD
    [*]franconp [m] DEAD - SWITCHER
    [*]AbsolutBro [m] DEAD - HIDER
    [*]Ouro [m] DEAD - ARMOURSMITH
    [*]Sophia [f] DEAD - MIRROR
    [*]*Splinter [m] - JOAT, confirmed by AB
    [*]melonrabbit [f] - VIGILANTE DOCTOR, confirmed by AB
    [*]Ynnek7 [m] DEAD - ROLEBLOCKER

NEUTRAL

1. [*]WhereAreMahDragonz [f] LOST - CUPID LOVER MAKER

UNCONFIRMED ROLES:

1. Xamtheking [m] - ODD NIGHT COMMUTER
  2. cabot [m] - EVEN NIGHT COMMUTER
  3. Bronx-Man [m] - ???
  4. Ty4on [m] - ???
    [*]Kingkitty [m] - 2-SHOT TRACKER
    [*]nin1000 [m] - JOAT
    [*]StanleyPalmtree [m] - 1-SHOT SCUM KILL DISABLE

I've bolded the ones that could be blocked.

Of those:

0) Nothing to go on. He didn't hint at any role that targeted.
1) Fran could have been blocked, doubt he would've been notified.
2) AB has been covered
3) Ouro was killed phase after claiming
4) Sophia never claimed before she died
5) *Splinter may have been blocked but he's used his powers sporadically
6) melonrabbit didnt claim, didn't really imply her role before flip.
7) Ynnek was lynched D1
8) WAMD could've been blocked, though her failed condition means she'd have to have been blocked all 3 nights (and goes against Burb and Sophia dying)
9) Theoretically kitty could have been blocked at least on AB, though that means nin is scum and I still don't believe it.
10) nin claimed but when saying he'd protect me, he would've killed scum with his vet ability. Nin probably wasn't blocked.
11) Stan hadn't claimed before using his power.

cabot

It's role madness though. I don't think there's a big risk in claiming "I was blocked last night".

My question is 'Of all the roles in this game, how many could actually know for sure they were blocked?'

There's what 5? nin (2 out of 3 powers), Stan, melon, Splinter and kitty by their claims.

cabot

oh and WAMD.

Melon and Splinter are only if they protected someone who died though, which isn't a huge likelihood.

I mean it's Dr. melon for god sake, my protege.

cabot

I'm just happy I got to vote some scum out :p
At least it wasn't a new Heist.

VOTE: kingkitty

I don't think scum has a blocker. We have so many targeting roles and nobody have said they were blocked.

if you think kitty is scum but not blocker, what do you think he is?

a 2-shot tracker for scum is obviously a lie. Town Tracker is for finding scum, Scum Tracker is for finding PRs. Sort of useless in a role madness game.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Ty4on (2)
nin1000 .3065 .3081
Bronx-Man .3128
cabot .3132

kingkitty (2)
cabot .3044 .3089
Bronx-Man .3090 .3128
cabot .3092 .3097
Xamtheking .3096
Ty4on .3138

nin1000 (1)
kingkitty .3063

cabot (0)
cabot .3089 .3092

No active vote for Day 7:
*Splinter
Mazre
nin1000 (has previously voted)
StanleyPalmtree

Day 7 ends:
red_1477767600.png

5 votes for majority

Ty4on

if you think kitty is scum but not blocker, what do you think he is?

a 2-shot tracker for scum is obviously a lie. Town Tracker is for finding scum, Scum Tracker is for finding PRs. Sort of useless in a role madness game.
I'm kinda leaning C, something unique, as we've had a couple of those roles. Maybe a second strong kill looking at how many protective roles we had. Dunno what the precedence for that is.

I am picturing a game though where, say, franconp was blocked and receives an "action failed" message. It's more likely they have a blocker if non-investigative roles didn't get that message.

cabot

You know what, thinking more on this. A 2-shot Town Tracker is also a really bad role in a role madness.

Here's a worked example.

Bob is a player in a role madness game. All hail Bob. He has a wife, two loving kids. The struggles at home are putting strain on him, but he gets true pleasure logging onto KnifeNet and playing mafia with some dudes and dudettes.

He's playing a Role Madness game named Bar Mafia. He's been given a 2-shot town-aligned tracker role. Neat he says, before he has to nurse kid 1 after she got a mild fever from a walk earlier in the week. He ponders his target after an eventful day 1.

Let's call the target CzarTim.

CzarTim is a rogue, rude to everyone. Hates puppies, endorses white supremacy. Utter scum.

Old Bob has been around the block a few times, he knows white supremacy is an immediate scumtell, so he decides 'Well, I'm my uncle, better target this chap tonight!'

The results come in, CzarTim visited Kawlo, the town leader and all round endorser of the peek concept.

Kawlo flips on Day start.

Well jings, Bob's found the scum!

Hang on a mo, Bob thinks, everyone's got a role here, what if good old Bob here hit the neutral cowlicker MS sales person role? Doh! Bob has some more work to do. Bob then gives his wife a back massage and goes about his life.

He spends the day phase sending some serious shade at white supremacist CzarTim, who has decided to just list his top 5 favourite fascists for some godawful reason. The day ends with a lynch on Urobulus, some idiot no one really liked.

Night comes and good old loving, reliable Bob tracks CzarTim yet again. He visits well loved community member squidyTheG. The day starts, but disaster! Bob discovers squidyTheG is still alive! Noooooo!!!!

Whatever does it mean? With his two shots used up, poor Bob isn't really close to determining if horrible, evil, disgusting, vile, crooked white supremacist CzarTim is scum or not. THE END

TL;DR - 2-shot Town Tracker in a role madness game is pretty unreliable for finding anything with consistent evidence.

Top Bottom