• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Numbani map updated on PTR, Doomfist's gauntlet stolen

Nugg

Biggest mark against something like this is that all future characters have to be able to fit through current game geometry.

This means all the spawn room doors mainly. And currently, Reinhart takes up about 85% of those door frames. So don't expect a hero to be bigger than him.

Thus, that Spider Chick who also happens to be in this image is way too big to be able to fit through some of the smaller spawn doors:

Rear center

Maybe she can deploy her spider at will when she's outdoors, and eject to fit in tight places, like D.Va but at will or on cooldown?

Nightbird

Hmm, never thought about that. I wonder if Blizzard could make her fit through all the doors in the game or rework her in some other way, but yeah, I guess you're right that she seems too big for the game.

Never thought i would see that argument against a character outside of the Smash Bros. Fandom haha

Never thought i would see that argument against a character outside of the Smash Bros. Fandom haha

Well, in Smash that's a stupid argument, since the characters there generally don't match their canon size.

But Punk Spider Girl there really stands too tall for the Overwatch maps, at least going by that picture. Of course they could shrink her legs a bit, lower her stance, or make her auto-crouch in tight spaces (possibly without sacrificing her movement speed).

I think I'm the only person who kind of reacted to the Terry Crews campaign with an eye roll. I like him but I feel like Terry Crews always plays Terry Crews. I can hear him saying it in the third person in my head. None of the rest of the cast is placeable as a celebrity. I guess it doesn't really matter though. More than that I'm just now hopeful they didn't cast someone else as Doomfist... then give them the slip when this groundswell of Crews support started up. But I feel like such a buzzkill even saying it.

Lifeline

I think I'm the only person who kind of reacted to the Terry Crews campaign with an eye roll. I like him but I feel like Terry Crews always plays Terry Crews. I can hear him saying it in the third person in my head. None of the rest of the cast is placeable as a celebrity. I guess it doesn't really matter though. More than that I'm just now hopeful they didn't cast someone else as Doomfist... then give them the slip when this groundswell of Crews support started up. But I feel like such a buzzkill even saying it.

I have a feeling Doomfist wasn't/isn't going to be a big evil guy, that was the old Doomfist. Terry Crews basically auditioned for The Scourge, who isn't Doomfist anymore and is probably even dead or really old.

And with everyone wanting Terry to be Doomfist now, it probably puts Devs in a awkward spot.

Firebrand

Still nothing? Work faster, tiny African child!

Also, is this a Branford arm?
vFRB1q.gif

(via professorfuzz on r/overwatch)

ZeroGravity

Already feels like every game until they inevitably nerf him is going to devolve into a minigame of "kill the bastion." Fun.

Blizzard

Banned
Already feels like every game until they inevitably nerf him is going to devolve into a minigame of "kill the bastion." Fun.
D.Va got her time to shine at last. I just want the lonely robot to finally be playable. I don't think he's had a chance since release. That's 9 months! We can afford a month or two of people complaining about lonely robot instead of complaining about D.Va or Reinhardt or Roadhog or whatever else.

Doorman

Still nothing? Work faster, tiny African child!

Also, is this a Branford arm?
vFRB1q.gif

(via professorfuzz on r/overwatch)

Hmm, no idea, but I guess it raises an interesting possibility if Efi wants one of these in conjunction with obtaining the Doomfist. It gives them a way to design a character who can use the Doomfist without their design becoming horribly lopsided: one arm for attacking, one arm for defending. Left-click Right-click?

Top Bottom