• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Passes 30 Million Players

It's unbelievable how many people are playing this game. I teach kids (age 7-9) and no day passes where I don't hear about them bragging about how they won that game, or how that ultimate destroyed their opponents etc.

Metzen voice cracks and goosebumps have been redeemed for Blizzard.
Last week, in Comp, there was a kid who proudly talked up his Genji play. The kid was a monster, one of the best Genjis I've ever had on my team, no joke. We grouped up and won a few more games before he said he's 11.

Congrats, Overwatch. No matter how salty I get, I'll be playing this game for a good long while.

Mutant

Worth it

hb7s4cU.gif
It really bothers me that the hair is unaffected by the blast.

Oxn

I wish other, more deserving, games got these numbers instead. But unfortunately, the name counts for more than quality (Starcraft 2 is a good example for this but in the end, it obviously failed).

Exactly how i feel bout Mario Kart series.

Gorillaz

How many are actually dead Smurf accounts

Regardless this is big for a new fps IP. The blizzard name carried s bit of weight too.

ghibli99

Crazy numbers. As someone who rarely if ever plays MP, even OW had me hooked for about 30-40 hours last year. That's actually saying something since the last MP game I really got into was way back when Q3A and UT2004 were new. :)

BNGames

And matchmaking still takes 4+ minutes.

Even worse when you get a DC almost immediately.

And then you get a match with a thrower.....

Then you lose a match because of bad comp......

THEN you might win one and tell yourself one more!

Then you lose for another stupid reason, force quit the game tell yourself you're not coming back.....and end up on it the next night.

Im never going to make it to Diamond at this rate.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I wouldn't say something like this. Ignoring me for this part, there are a lot of products in different forms of media that were critically acclaimed (which doesn't have to mean much) and great in all the objective parts but didn't sell the numbers they "deserved".

So despite the fact that it's critically acclaimed, one of the most well-regarded new IPs by games in years and the development team putting a lot of care and effort into it, it's not "deserving" because... you're not a fan of a the game.

Your statement literally comes down to, "I am in the minority who doesn't like the game, therefore, it is not deserving of its success."

I don't like GTA but you don't see me going into GTA threads and saying it's not deserving of its success. It clearly is. My personal opinion on the game has nothing to do with that.

Nimby

Banned
It's unbelievable how many people are playing this game. I teach kids (age 7-9) and no day passes where I don't hear about them bragging about how they won that game, or how that ultimate destroyed their opponents etc.

Metzen voice cracks and goosebumps have been redeemed for Blizzard.

Explains why I lose so many games.

squall23

Usually, mobages would celebrate these things with a free gacha roll or premium currency. Fat chance we'll see that here I suppose.

KarmaCow

Usually, mobages would celebrate these things with a free gacha roll or premium currency. Fat chance we'll see that here I suppose.

They gave out free boxes during Christmas and I wouldn't be surprised if they gave everyone free boxes for the 1 year anniversary coming up in less than a month.

dezzy8

Awesome numbers! But: Joining game > entering skirmish > game found > joining game > waiting for players > not enough players > game found > waiting for players > not enough players > entering skirmish > quit overwatch.
Then disable the skirmish part.

Acinixys

You should see our awesome Hearthstone reveal thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527973

First 3 posts

*yawn*

I mean, a card game .... Seriously?

This was really underwhelming news.

This is what people were excited about for weeks? A F2P...card game?

I think I'm too stunned to laugh right now.

GAF always delivers the best critiques

I would love to play OW but no local servers = no buy. I cant play a FPS with 200+ ping.

Top Bottom