• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Summer Games 2017 teased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

Don't like Lucioball at all.

I'll be excited once I see the skins, I'm sure there will be good ones, but like I said, I wish the theme was general summer time, with goofy beach outfits and supersoaker guns instead of continuing the Olympics inspired sports games theme in a non-Olympic year.
Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets a diving swimsuit or the kind you see used in beach volleyball eventually.

How about Volleyhog, where there's two teams of Lucios knocking a ball, which is roadhog, over a net? That could be a fun game for summer games!!

Or how about Lucio Relay race? Test your wall run skills through a special map with all kinds of walls, jumps and pits to cross. That could be fun too.

Blues1990

I really liked how the Nihon Genji skin and the Eidgenossin Mercy skin looked similar in a way. They really complimented each other! Almost like compatibility!
Please don't tell mollipen I said that.

I think that's how I became a Gency shipper. Then all the more just made it better!

If it helps, I'm one of those weirdo's that thinks Mei and McCree are adorable together.

tumblr_okonxfefIA1rjrid9o1_1280.jpg

But I agree. All of the Epic Skins (that are based of that respective characters home flag) were some of the best skins to date. I personally love D.Va's in particular. Dat blue MEKA.

Delio

It's a shame that summer events continue to be Olympics themed rather than just general summertime themed, but I guess they're saving swimsuits as a trump card if the profits ever go on a downward trend.

Looking forward to seeing how the new less dupes from boxes update plays out during events.

All i want are Swimsuits, Casual wear and Formal wear outfits. Dunno when if ever we will have them.

Sane_Man

They should just make a wall-riding minigame race for Lucio. 6 people racing across a map specifically designed for it. Way better than poor man's Rocket League.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I'm more curious to see if they will actually give Tracer one or two more new skins for this event and not give skins to those who've never had a summer one. I think she's had enough at this point but I wonder what the developers think.

Things may have changed since then, but I remember a few months ago they said they were going to focus more on retooling events than adding new ones this year
That still stands true. No new events this year. Instead we're getting updated versions of previous events.

So yes people you will get a chance to get Witch Mercy again.

Blues1990

Of course there are exceptions. I love Zarya's Legendary skins from the Summer Games. Only reason I use that Cyber looking Anniversary one is cause it's new.

I'm missing one Lucio skin...

I still rock her red/gold Weightlifter skin, as her other Legendary cosmetics haven't scratched that itch.

Now, if she get's a skin that is based off of Aliens Jenette Vasquez, now you'd get my attention.

AliensVasquez4.gif

Everybody knows the true ship is Junkrat x Mei.
On topic, is missed out on Lucioball so I'll look forward to playing it.

Again, one of those weirdos that also thinks pop and pez makes a nutritious breakfast.

Yukinari

If they dont make the sprays from last summer into real skins they can eat shit honestly.

Why would you make BMX Reaper, Golfer 76, Tennis Mei and Swim Trunks Hog but not actually turn those into skins.

Like at least give me Golfer 76 to go with his victory pose.

Confirmed for August 8th! Looks like a new Lucio skin as well!
Vid

Junkrat and Mercy getting a new skin. Widowmaker and McCree fans are going to be super happy!

Prices of the old skins will be the same price as the normal skins.

Legit shocked.

I thought because it was older that they would UP the price so that the players who got them already feel special.

They really kinda changed the loot system as a whole for the better. A lot of people were super cynical about the "changes" Jeff promised but it turned out great.

Im hoping the "funny" skins are summer beach skins. I like the sports theme but its a missed opportunity not to have stuff like Road with a bunch of flotation devices on him and what not.

Sianos

But I agree. All of the Epic Skins (that are based of that respective characters home flag) were some of the best skins to date. I personally love D.Va's in particular. Dat blue MEKA.

hey cool that dva skin i wanted but didn't get because of loot box rng is going to be available again

time to launch overwatch againnnnn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom