• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Summer Games 2017 Trailer and Skins, live now

The less dupes patch is def a great benefit to people who buy lootboxes. I'm sure you'll get what you want with the next pack if you don't get it from leveling up.

Yea I misread earlier. I thought it was "no dupes", but it's really just "less dupes". Still getting plenty of dupes. :-/

Way less and the event boxes seem to give out more event items than before.

k cool. after getting more non-event skins than event skins, I won't get my hopes up. Saw yellow several times and almost every time it was a non-event skin. Very discouraging.

LordofPwn

in the 57 loot boxes i opened yesterday I didn't get a single dupe and I've unlocked a little over 50% of all the items in the entire game.

BizzyBum

Everyone is going crazy over the Widowmaker and Mercy skins because they are barefoot. Like, hundreds and hundreds of posts on /v/ regarding just that.

That's literally all you have to do to sell a ton of skins, make all your female characters have a barefoot alt.

El Sloth

Banned
Everyone is going crazy over the Widowmaker and Mercy skins because they are barefoot. Like, hundreds and hundreds of posts on /v/ regarding just that.

That's literally all you have to do to sell a ton of skins, make all your female and male characters have skins that appeal to a very specific fetish.
There I fixed that for you.

There's already tons of art and the like on tumblr and elsewhere that cater to those things. Companies just need someone to pay attention to that so they can than harness that thirst and Monetize The Horny.

LiK

That's literally all you have to do to sell a ton of skins, make all your female characters have a barefoot alt.

dem foot fetish guys are thirsty

Two crates and I've gotten all silver and blue so far. I hope the people reporting a high hit rate for legendaries aren't people who have a fuckton more stuff than me already and us casuals have a shot too.

vixlar

I really wish legendary gold wasn't in the game.

I got for a big smile to wanting to die.

When you are "sure it will be another white white blue white" and then you see the golden coin and jump and dance of joy expenting to see a cool skin for DVA or Mercy and is "500 credits"... that's one of the worst feelings in life. T_T

Z3M0G

in the 57 loot boxes i opened yesterday I didn't get a single dupe and I've unlocked a little over 50% of all the items in the entire game.

Wait, did they change something?

Edit: Less dupes huh? I don't have much yet to begin with... so this wouldn't really impact me yet.

Every match of Lucio Ball I play makes me just want to go back to Rocket League. Thankfully, I got the box for the first Lucio Ball win and got McCree's summer skin from it.

cakely

It could have been Cybergoth Zarya

They heavily decreased dupes and increased credits you get for dupes.

I think they actually increased the amount of coins that drop from crates. You still get the same number of coins for dupes.

(I haven't actually gotten a dupe out of new crate yet, so I can't confirm this)

SOLDIER

I've been having a problem with the PC version of this game that I hope someone can help me out with.

For a while now I've had this issue where the game will freeze for about half a second in the middle of battle. The most common pattern in which this seems to occur is when I'm about to get hit by another player, be it from their weapon or ability or what have you. I've also had instances where the sound will cut off, also for just a second or two.

I'm not sure if Overwatch is the only PC game affected this way, but since I'm currently playing it the most, that's where I've noticed the issue. Any advice?

Gotten less dupes, but it seems, also fewer new event yellows compared to before. Only got two yellow event skins thusfar, and like six previous year yellows and vanilla yellows.

pixxxelz

I actually like Lucio ball, is not something I'd play everyday but playing a few matches every now and then would be nice, hell I might even given Rocket League a shot after this event is over.

Also 8 loot boxes so far and not a single skin or even an emote 😢

Symbiotx

I actually like Lucio ball, is not something I'd play everyday but playing a few matches every now and then would be nice, hell I might even given Rocket League a shot after this event is over.

Oh man, if you like Lucioball, definitely try Rocket League! It's so much better and fun.

Rocket League is so much better that Lucioball is literally unplayable.

MikeBison

Lucioball was, is and always will be shit. Melts my godsmn mind that people enjoy it. Even more so when you have something like rocket league on the market. It's such a lazy attempt at an extra mode, the physics are built for it at all. Can't believe people wanted it brought back.

Skins are cool though.

Veelk

Banned
I'm not sure how to feel about not being able to customize weapon skins. I had my reservations when I first heard it because I was worried about players fucking with the color coordination between the character and weapon.

But I was looking forward to being able to mix and match myself, and now I'm kinda bummed I can't.

Salarians

lyZs3jx.jpg
lol

LiK

I kinda like Junk's summer skin now. It's more like a Mad Max type outfit to me than cricket. I also like his gun model a lot too. Probably my new main Junk skin for now.

I have opened about a dozen loot boxes. I've only had two yellows (Lucio soccer outfit and $500). I got Genjis white Japanese ninja outfit too, which is super-nice - but I never use that character.
The only things I really want from this event are Widows Olympic medal win pose and her blue, white and red bodysuit. If I cant get them in boxes, at least they will be relatively cheap to buy.

LordofPwn

Opened one loot box today and it was the new McCree skin. I now have all the new skins and I'm only missing Zarya's Wrestling skin, already have the Champions skin from last year's event which I prefer anyways. Only thing I think I'm missing is Ana's emote and I've got enough currency to buy it before the event ends. Still no dupes.

I'm really close to diamond in Lucio Ball too which would be the 1st time I've ever hit Diamond.

Top Bottom