• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Owlboy is coming to Nintendo Switch

Neiteio

NUEUQKt.png
Haha, love it <3

RIME just looks like it's running below native resolution which isn't terribly surprising, though still manages to look worse than Snake Pass which directly follows it in the video....Hmm...

RIME just looks like it's running below native resolution which isn't terribly surprising, though still manages to look worse than Snake Pass which directly follows it in the video....Hmm...

Until/unless it's confirmed directly by the dev, I doubt that's Switch footage. I'm fairly sure I've seen that exact footage before in previous trailers.

Sojiro

Holy fucking hell Owlboy looks INCREDIBLE! How the hell have I never seen that game on steam before? I will definitely grab that on the Switch (although if it takes a while, I may have to grab it on steam lol), man I can not get over its artstyle....so fucking incredible. Nine Parchments looks pretty interesting too, kind of a guantlet-esque(?) game I am guessing from the video?

Holy fucking hell Owlboy looks INCREDIBLE! How the hell have I never seen that game on steam before? I will definitely grab that on the Switch (although if it takes a while, I may have to grab it on steam lol), man I can not get over its artstyle....so fucking incredible. Nine Parchments looks pretty interesting too, kind of a guantlet-esque(?) game I am guessing from the video?

https://www.humblebundle.com/humble-indie-bundle-18

You're welcome.

So Owlboy is great news and I'm hyped. BUT, that reel showed YIIK Postmodern RPG, which I'd never heard of before. Checked its trailer on YouTube and Holy fuck it looks INSANE. I'm on the hype train for that.

ITSMILNER

Fantastic news, been wanting to play this for ages (I don't own a PC/Laptop)

Really loving the 'Nindie' push by Nintendo for Switch, still hoping we see the likes of Spelunky, Rogue Legacy, Hotline Miami 1&2 and Undertale on the system soon

EDarkness

Until/unless it's confirmed directly by the dev, I doubt that's Switch footage. I'm fairly sure I've seen that exact footage before in previous trailers.

I think it's NS footage, because you can see the "X" button prompt in one part of it. Won't say much about the resolution or anything since the whole spot seems pretty compressed.

Unicorn

So Owlboy is great news and I'm hyped. BUT, that reel showed YIIK Postmodern RPG, which I'd never heard of before. Checked its trailer on YouTube and Holy fuck it looks INSANE. I'm on the hype train for that.

Looks really cool to have an Earthbound-style combat system.

I watched Trailer No. 3 on youtube and holy shit at the gross vitriol of right-wing pepe-meme trolls bitching about SJW and patriarchal hipster stuff.... Which makes no goddamn sense. Looks like a Scott Pilgrim aesthetic RPG.

fucking gamers.

EDarkness

All systems have an X button

You're right, but the prompt on the PS4 is the "triangle" button. The prompt on the XBO is the "X" button. On the NS, it's also the "X" button, using a different font.

I looked at some videos of the other versions to see what the actual button prompts were.

This is a video of the PS4 version. Go to 7:07 to see the "triangle" prompt".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOGa3aF3Nks

This is the Xbox One version. You can go to 0:10 to see it's "X" prompt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EdIDpdtFvU

Not sure what the PC version looks like, but what we've been shown in the video in the OP leads me to believe this is actually the NS version.

wrowa

Was holding off from buying Owlboy due to Switch rumors, I'm glad it's now finally confirmed. Here's hoping the release isn't too far off.

PantsuJo

The others are kinda "meh", but Owlboy is a masterpiece.

Hope Switch users will buy it.
The game deserves love on every platform.

J@hranimo

Banned
It's incredibly obvious that's the Switch version of Rime so far. Less lighting effects and shadows and the resolution doesn't look as good. The video does seem a bit compressed and will probably look a tad nicer in a direct feed video but that's no doubt the Switch version.

EDarkness

It's incredibly obvious that's the Switch version of Rime so far. Less lighting effects and shadows and the resolution doesn't look as good. The video does seem a bit compressed and will probably look a tad nicer in a direct feed video but that's no doubt the Switch version.

I think this version looks fine, but I think the big issue is the framerate. I hope they're working on getting that fixed. Though, I wonder if Tantalus can really get the job done. I haven't been too impressed with the stuff they've done so far.

Don't know what anybody sees in YIIK. But I'd definitely be up for Owlboy, Gunvolt, WarGroove, Hollow Knight, and maybe Rime.

Edit: Really hoping for Necrodancer tho. I have it on PC, but a portable version would be amazing.

Philippo

Whenever i'll buy a Switch, it will probably become my go to indie games console.

Now put CSH, Banner Saga and Firewatch on it!

jariw

Will absolutely get Owlboy! The game will probably look fantastic in portable mode. And I can live with a 30 fps Rime version, but hoping that the sound design supports 5.1 in docked mode.

BTW, how many of these new games are local multiplayer games, that can be played in tabletop mode? I'm really looking forward to Overcooked for that purpose, but are there any others?

Looks really cool to have an Earthbound-style combat system.

I watched Trailer No. 3 on youtube and holy shit at the gross vitriol of right-wing pepe-meme trolls bitching about SJW and patriarchal hipster stuff.... Which makes no goddamn sense. Looks like a Scott Pilgrim aesthetic RPG.

fucking gamers.

That's the trailer I saw too and was blown away. I didn't catch anything political (and didn't look at the comments, so not sure why there was backlash.)

oti

Banned
I saw at least 5 games I want to play in that video.

But isn't it time to move on from cat Mario? I'm sure kids love it though.

Monumma

Not sure if anyone has posted it yet, but at the start of the video it says all the stuff they are showcasing will release on Switch before Fall.

My wallet is crying.

Does anyone know more about L.F.O.? I looked up some more videos and it looks good.

Skyzard

Banned
Will absolutely get Owlboy! The game will probably look fantastic in portable mode. And I can live with a 30 fps Rime version, but hoping that the sound design supports 5.1 in docked mode.

BTW, how many of these new games are local multiplayer games, that can be played in tabletop mode? I'm really looking forward to Overcooked for that purpose, but are there any others?

Ultimate Chicken Horse is coming out and hopefully Gangbeasts/Nidhogg 2 (not confirmed but they're looking into it).

wanders

A lot of the games shown in the video are local multiplayer. Exciting!

brinstar

I've been patiently waiting for that game for so long now, it looks 100% up my alley

It's a beautiful game that's fun for a while but loses steam towards the last third. Did I mention that it's beautiful? The animations are super charming.

Top Bottom