• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Factor: Michael Pachter is back with his new show. (SIFTD games)

Justinh

I like when he said this with regards to why you should wait for reviews:
Even good developers make bad games sometimes

shots fired on the UK lol
I wonder if he's still mad because of that Daily Star interview lol. IIRC, here on GAF he said that the interviewer seemed like he was trying to instigate him to say something.

found it
phantom edit:
michaelpachter said:
Post link here: The reporting here was irresponsible. I've done 6000 interviews over the last 15 years (we're required to log them), and somehow, have been able to hide my bigoted side until today . . . I'm not sure what the "reporter" was trying to do, other than stir the pot. Yes, I said that the PS4 Pro probably wouldn't appeal to PC gamers, The rest is just silly.

PtM

Banned
shots fired on the UK lol
Very British:
ukfuamqvx.png

http://abload.de/img/ukfuamqvx.png

Justinh

Pachter Factor Episode 47: The Power of Nintendo Switch

Will Switch’s power impact third-party support? Should developers create games for older players? What happens when products in stores drop in price? Is there a VR bubble? Pach has the answers.*

A little funny seeing Pachter get salty about sucking at multiplayer, lol.

*there's actually more stuff in the video description box this week, but it's about the sale and lootcrate thing they have going on

Justinh

Kotaku: Revisiting Michael Pachter's 2013 Predictions For 2016 by Jason Schreier

Saw this on Siftd, thought it was pretty interesting, Thought people who peruse this thread might find it interesting too...

Pachter, an analyst for Wedbush Securities and host of the Pachter Factor on Siftd Games, a show I enjoy quite a bit (except for that one time he called me out by name for an article I didn’t actually write, but we’ll let that slide), is best known for his sometimes-outlandish forecasts of where the video game industry is headed. Let’s see how he did in 2013, shall we?

Justinh

Pachter predicted the Xbox One TV fiasco at E3 2011 or 2012. I was shocked then and the idea stuck with me. We saw it materialize much later but I always thought that was incredible insightful.

Yeah (I totally forgot about that...) but if I remember right, he was pushing hard for the idea of subsidized consoles tied to a cable bill and that never happened I think

edit: er, right? I remember a cheap version of a console, but I don't think it was for a cable bill... oh my God... was it Xbox Live? (it's really frustrating not being able to remember... Dammit, it wasn't that long ago!)

Lnds500

Yeah (I totally forgot about that...) but if I remember right, he was pushing hard for the idea of subsidized consoles tied to a cable bill and that never happened I think

edit: er, right? I remember a cheap version of a console, but I don't think it was for a cable bill... oh my God... was it Xbox Live? (it's really frustrating not being able to remember... Dammit, it wasn't that long ago!)

I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

It was an interview post-E3 conference with Jeoff.

It was specifically when Xbox 360 had an update that had something to do with voice commands (??? I don't really remember... but he gave the example that because of that, YouTube's stock took a hit because investors were expecting that Xbox would go big on TV when a new console would launch. It seems so far-fetched at the time.

LoveCake

Good episode I thought, interesting on the eSports and also the views on the Nintendo shareholders.

Agree with Pach on the feelings of the WiiU owners getting screws by Nintendo with the Switch ports though (if true).

hey what gives its been one whole month since iv seen a episode of Pachter Factor posted

saw somthing about episode 50 on twitter for subscribers

LoveCake

I don't know, I have been wondering where the next episode is as well, I am concerned that the viewer numbers are very low on the YT videos :(

Hubble

Love his shows. Not overly, but I do find it entertaining. I'm afraid his collaboration with SIFTD hurts him. I lost touch with it.

Giolon

Wow, it's about time, was Pach on vacation ?

They film a bunch of "episodes" at once. Further, YouTube release is delayed a week from then Siftd premium release. If you want it earlier, sign up for their site.

LoveCake

Pachter Factor Episode 51: 2017 Predictions

Pach gazes into his crystal ball and makes his predictions for which 2017 games will be delayed and which platform will have the best exclusives this year. He also answers questions regarding the perfect ratio of first- and third-party software, his most anticipated game announcement, and much more!

They really don't seem to be getting the views :(

AmyS

He thinks Mario Odyssey may or may not be delayed to 2018, but Nintendo has every intention of getting out this year.
Yet, he also said he doesn't know if Switch and Wii U share the same architecture (it does not of course).

He does NOT think Red Dead Redemption 2 will get delayed (7 years since RDR this May, 7.5 years assuming RDR2 releases in the Fall).

Elder Scrolls VI.... LOL.

Justinh

I agree with that if Scorpio is more than 399, then it's not going to do well.

I wouldn't be surprised if it launched earlier than expected too, because of what he mentioned: if it comes out during the holidays, it's not too unlikely (I'd bet) that PS4Pro gets deals below its 399 price.

These Scalebound wounds, they will not heal

gypsygib

Not a huge fan of the guy bit I am very happy to see that an adult man in his 40s(?) can confidently and acceptably be a fan of videogames in an office setting.

Also, nobody should pay for this...poor cash grab attempt.

Not a huge fan of the guy bit I am very happy to see that an adult man in his 40s(?) can confidently and acceptably be a fan of videogames in an office setting.

they do offer like 7 or so other shows like game face which is about 40 mins or so in length if i recall

Justinh

they do offer like 7 or so other shows like game face which is about 40 mins or so in length if i recall

I know they're continuing on trying to make more shows, but I don't think they have like 7 shows.

GameFace is the weekly podcast and it's uncommon that it's less than 3 hours long.

How is it a poor cash grab attempt when nobody is required to pay for this?

is that cough syrup?

AmyS

I absolutely agree with every word in this post.

Top Bottom