• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PacMan Revealed for Smash. Bros

Neiteio

Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii, Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, Chorus Men, and Pokemon from X and Y.
The third leak correctly listed "Mii" as "Mii Fighters," too.

Not naming Greninja suggests the leaker gets his info secondhand from someone who knows Greninja as a Pokémon but not by name.

Crayons

Banned
He used the name "Mii Fighter" in a post on SmashBoards last night, where he also mentioned a possible Lucas cut and character DLC.

He wasn't guessing. He posted about the leak on Gematsu.

His first leak was 100% accurate. And nothing has disproven his other leaks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bp0QHgfIQAAZV8x.jpg

lol

Trike

Did you see the third leak Sal posted before the digital event today? It named Mii Fighters correctly.

no I didn't, that is why I was asking. All I had to go off of was:

Sal is the one who called the following before any of them were revealed.

Round 1 (Pre-E3 2013): "Animal Crossing Guy" (Villager), Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Mii (Mii Fighters), Little Mac

Round 2 (Pre-Smash Direct): Chrom, Palutena, Shulk, Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven, "Pokémon from X & Y" (Greninja)

Round 3 (Pre-E3 2014): Possible Lucas Removal, Character DLC is a thing

Mazzo

Dudes, we have Mario, Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic in the same game. I feel kinda bad asking for more but... I wonder if we can get Simon Belmont or Ryu Hayabusa in the next game xD

Nintendo, buddy, you gotta make a new Pac-Man VS for Wii U on Mario Chase's engine, full retail and big like that Toad guy there.

Got that? Good.

Pac-Man is in the game, now that's something for me to get hyped about. I haven't seen a character I wanted get revealed in the game, since Little Mac.

Pac-Man is sure getting a lot of attention lately. The guy just got a TV show a few months ago.

SkyOdin

*sigh* I'm going to have to throw in the towel and believe the leaker at this point. I'm still hoping that whoever the leaker is, they aren't familiar with Fire Emblem and mixed up Chrom for someone else, since he would be a disappointing addition compared to some of the other characters from his very own game (such as Robin).

Pac-Man is a perfectly understandable addition to the roster though. I hope they put up a trailer for the public soon.

Guesong

Rosalina was between leaks.

And yet Rosalina was revealed before Little Mac.

Which is the point I'm trying to hammer across this evening but people are taking me as a vile leak denier or something : whether or not the leak is real (it probably is), it is by no mean an final indication of the roster and people can sure look up to it for reference, but should not be bummed or Nintendoomed over anything in it because it has clearly been demonstrated by Rosalina that the leaks have missing elements.

So the question is why the missing elements?

As ive seen no one has posted, they confirmed on the live stream NWR is doing that he looks like this:
Pac-Man_World.jpg

ANd his finals smash looks like this:
pacman3ds610.jpg

He also has moves from Pacland.

N.Domixis

Banned
Dudes, we have Mario, Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic in the same game. I feel kinda bad asking for more but... I wonder if we can get Simon Belmont or Ryu Hayabusa in the next game xD

it just needs crash and the main mascots of back then will be all together.

Toxi

Banned
Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii, Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, Chorus Men, and Pokemon from X and Y.
This is what gets me about the second leak. We have the leaker going from Wii Fit Trainer and Villager to "Pokemon from X and Y." It just seems incredibly strange. The first leak was basically an anonymous joke: Name a few characters you know will be in the game that nobody is expecting, wait for people's reactions when they're revealed at E3. The second one reads like a list of three hugely popular fan suggestions, an incredibly vague and safe prediction, and one weird suggestion that hasn't been revealed yet. Why is it impossible to believe the leaker might have been having some fun at people's expense using the reputation gained from the previous leak? Or that somebody hijacked their account?

Sal could have been telling the truth with the second leak. I just like to take a grain of salt when fortune tellers start making open-ended predictions.

Neiteio

And yet Rosalina was revealed before Little Mac.

Which is the point I'm trying to hammer across this evening but people are taking me as a vile leak denier or something : whether or not the leak is real (it probably is), it is by no mean an final indication of the roster and people can sure look up to it for reference, but should not be bummed or Nintendoomed over anything in it because it has clearly been demonstrated by Rosalina that the leaks have missing elements.

So the question is why the missing elements?
I gotcha now. I agree that the leaks aren't necessarily the full extent of the newcomers. And the leaker never said they were, to be clear.

Riposte

I'd be really glad to hear about DLC, especially if it used to bridge to the Wii U game that has more characters at launch.

This is what gets me about the second leak. We have the leaker going from Wii Fit Trainer and Villager to "Pokemon from X and Y." It just seems incredibly strange. The first leak was basically an anonymous joke: Name a few characters you know will be in the game that nobody is expecting, wait for people's reactions when they're revealed at E3. The second one reads like a list of three hugely popular fan suggestions, an incredibly vague and safe prediction, and one weird suggestion that hasn't been revealed yet. Why is it impossible to believe the leaker might have been having some fun at people's expense? Or that somebody hijacked their account?

Sal could have been telling the truth with the second leak. I just like to take a grain of salt when fortune tellers start making open-ended predictions.
So your just gonna ignore the Mii Fighter thing? Ok

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm excited about Pac Man being Playable character but I wouldn't comment any further until I see the trailer myself. I hope that we are getting the trailer tonight.

Yeah, the Pac-Man haters mystify me.

Also, give us a video! I want to see him in action!

I am one, and it mystifies me too. I don't actually know why I find the idea so off-putting.

I guess I grew up only playing sonic and mega man on nintendo platforms, whereas pacman was just some historical thing detached from my life.

Also, I've hated every 3d model of pacman so far.

joedick

What a lazy, half assed way to announce this, Nintendo. Really? This should have been done at the tournament.

Fuck me.

You're really that upset that you're getting the info like an hour later?

Also, enough with people saying they called it, everybody called it when they saw Namco was developing!

jwluther

A competitive Smash player is trying to challenge Sakurai to see if he can win and help balance the game. Sakurai asked "have you ever made a game?"

Ouch Samurai.

Top Bottom