• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 12, 2015

Well, it won't happen yet because Sony realistically wouldn't fund two PS4 GoWs back to back.

If Order IP decidedly has no future, I could see RAD having to go back making GoW spinoff games, except this time on PS4 instead of PSP.

I'd honestly rather see Ghosts of Sparta 2 than God 4 at this point. While I love God 3, Ghosts is perhaps the best God game I've played to date. The story, set pieces, combat, it was perfect.

You're right though, no realistic chance of Sparta 2 yet with God 4 on the horizon.

Great debut for Bloodborne! I called it getting the number 2 UK spot seeing as Hardline is still fresh off a release but that 42k being quoted is quite amazing for a niche action RPG on one platform.

Also good to see The Order climb up from 15th last week to 10th now. Clearly lots of PS4 owners want to give that game a go just not at full retail price of £50.

As you'd expect, not much of a change...

Easter is here and EA’s ‘Battlefield Hardline’ (-40%) makes it three weeks out of three at the Top, with a surging ‘GTA V’ (+35%) up 2 to No2.

Sony’s big new PS4 release last week ‘Bloodborne’ by From Software (-55%) drops 1 place to No3 and there are plenty of Easter deals affecting the charts this week. EA’s ‘FIFA 15’ climbs 1 place to No4 (+44%) and Ubisoft climb impressively for a second week, up a further 3 places to No5 with ‘Far Cry 4’ - one of the big Easter sale beneficiaries (+116%).

The big new release this week at No8 is Bandai Namco’s multi-format ‘Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin’, which also happens to be the second From Software-developed title within the Top 10 in the space of 2 weeks. Also debuting this week is EA’s first Sims 4 expansion ‘The Sims 4: Get to Work’ at No18. The final new release within the Top 40 is Nintendo’s epic action-RPG ‘Xenoblade Chronicles’ for 3DS at No27. Developed by Monster Games in association with Monolith this game only works on the new Nintendo 3DS due to size and scale.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

BB still number 1 in the individual format.

Dark Souls in at 15 and 22 on PS4/X1 respectively.

Horizon 2 leaps 8 places...was it on sale/bundled?

Order down 8 places.

FC leaps 8 places on X1...offer?

Xenoblade at 27, which isn't too bad I guess.

Evolve is all but dead, seems only the X1 version is barely hanging on at 40...oh dear.

Hasney

Dks2 bombed, below a PC retail release.

Going by the performance of The Sims 3 expansions, that Sims 4 one actually bombed unless their audience has gone more digital too.

BB on the other hand is showing some sexy legs.

It's not showing anything yet. Wait until it has some competition or we get some numbers. 55% drop isn't too bad though assuming it sold considerably more than the 40-oddk floor.

sam777

As you'd expect, not much of a change...

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

BB still number 1 in the individual format.

Dark Souls in at 15 and 22 on PS4/X1 respectively.

Horizon 2 leaps 8 places...was it on sale/bundled?

Order down 8 places.

FC leaps 8 places on X1...offer?

Xenoblade at 27, which isn't too bad I guess.

Evolve is all but dead, seems only the X1 version is barely hanging on at 40...oh dear.

FH2 still has some bundles in Saintsbury's, also some of the bump maybe attributed to the Fast and Furious dlc.

Also FC has been on offer almost everywhere this week.

Hasney

Ye should have gotten it out before BB to ride the BB hype instead they release it after, dumb idea.

Yeah, they mentioned that in the Just Played on Gametrailers. If it wasn't ready until now, if they held off until the summer drought, they could have done a lot better too.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dks2 bombed, below a PC retail release.
Bombed? Its a re-release of a game that wasn't released too long ago. And it's Dark Soul and not Tomb Raider, GTA or Fifa. Don't know what you were expecting...

Yeah, they mentioned that in the Just Played on Gametrailers. If it wasn't ready until now, if they held off until the summer drought, they could have done a lot better too.

True summer drought would have been a good time for release, maybe even May.

Kysen

Bombed? Its a re-release of a game that wasn't released too long ago. And it's Dark Soul and not Tomb Raider, GTA or Fifa. Don't know what you were expecting...
They should have released it away from BB, instead they sent it out to die. Idiotic decision by BN.

Hasney

At this time of year, every publisher should be expecting a top 5 combined formats at a minimum or there was probably not much point releasing in the UK.

FIFA sold around 14,778 several places above it meaning DS2 remake will have sold less on its biggest selling week it will ever have.

Hasney

Looking around, BB is in all the best bundles you can get. Sony and the retailers doing a good job of making sure this is the case with every Sony published game. That combined with a much better marketing campaign than DS2 will be helping BB stay around the top of the charts for a while.

BLOODBORNE doing really good worldwide.
Nice to see for a (very hardcore) RPG.

Chances are getting higher, that Sony will make more of them (and less shooters).
Well, at least I hope so.

Guerrilla Games new RPG (Codename "HORIZON") will be next.
And I hope the SCE Japan Studio guys are making their own JRPG.

Halo and FIFA being bundled in with lots of key Easter XBone deals. Should carry over to this week too. Wouldn't surprise me if the XBone was outselling PS4 over Easter. The key bundles for both consoles with 2 games is £70 apart.

Hasney

Well GTA overtook it on the combined with around 24,468 sales, so it's less than that. BB did have a dropped percentage though: 55%

Based on those two facts, that means it sold pretty close to its floor of 42k last week I think

Prine

Banned
Forza Horizon 2!!!! Back in there bloody great!

Fast n Furious must've pushed it there combined with price cut. Great piece of movie game cross promotion.

Amused

17 (13) PS4 THE ORDER: 1886 (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
21 (12) XBO FORZA HORIZON 2 (MICROSOFT)

tumblr_inline_mpme5eEIHX1qz4rgp.gif

Back where we began - will this meme die this week? :)

MMaRsu

Banned
Great debut for Bloodborne! I called it getting the number 2 UK spot seeing as Hardline is still fresh off a release but that 42k being quoted is quite amazing for a niche action RPG on one platform.

Also good to see The Order climb up from 15th last week to 10th now. Clearly lots of PS4 owners want to give that game a go just not at full retail price of £50.

Bloodborne/Dark Souls is not a niche tho

Bloodborne should only affect the PS4 version, yet the XBone version bombed even harder. Heh.

Of course. Your prediction in the Week 13 thread that Bloodborne would cannibalise DS2 sales on PS4, leading to better Xbone sales made no sense. Bloodborne on PS4 -> Souls fans buying PS4s.

Just noticed both FF0 and Revelations 2 have dropped out of the individual chart entirely, and in the combined chart R2 is at 30 while FF0 is barely clinging on at 39.

Top Bottom