• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 12, 2015

Welfare

Actually It would be 1.98m for PS4, 1.32m for XB1. The ratio is 1.5:1 not 2:1

However I doubt the it's 1.5:1, because we still didn't get 2 million announcement for PS4.

I derped on math :(

But still, my point is that the ratio should not be the same. 1.3m would be low for the Xbox One 2 months after the 1m announcement.

Top selling games in US, UK and France for february:

CBBdNYFUcAAlrN2.png:large

Xenoverse over MH4 and MM 0_0....looks like I haven;t been paying attention to these charts

Pezus

Actually It would be 1.98m for PS4, 1.32m for XB1. The ratio is 1.5:1 not 2:1

However I doubt the it's 1.5:1, because we still didn't get 2 million announcement for PS4.

I think it's close to 1.5:1 still. 1.98m vs. 1.32m doesn't sound far fetched, although I think maybe 1.9m vs. 1.4m

Welfare

I think it's close to 1.5:1 still. 1.98m vs. 1.32m doesn't sound far fetched, although I think maybe 1.9m vs. 1.4m

But this is as of the end of January. Unless Sony or GFK aren't doing a 2 million PS4 announcement, the PS4 shouldn't be that close to 2 million as of 2 months ago.

Welfare

Do you think that Xbone selling well in UK since the beginning of 2015?

Well as in better than PS4? No.

Well as in doing better than whatever it did in 2014? Sure. It didn't have the stupid price hike like in the US, so sales shouldn't have slowed down to a crawl.

Pezus

But this is as of the end of January. Unless Sony or GFK aren't doing a 2 million PS4 announcement, the PS4 shouldn't be that close to 2 million as of 2 months ago.

Why do you assume they'll announce 2m in the UK when it happens? Sony haven't exactly been giving updates with every million sold worldwide, why would they in the UK?

I'm sure they'll say 2m+ soon enough though, when they talk about impressive BB sales.

Welfare

Why do you assume they'll announce 2m in the UK when it happens? Sony haven't exactly been giving updates with every million sold worldwide, why would they in the UK?

I'm sure they'll say 2m+ soon enough though, when they talk about impressive BB sales.

Getting another 1 million sales in UK is a lot especially so soon after the first 1 million announcement? It's different when comparing to worldwide, as unless you're the Wii U, you shouldn't be having difficulties reaching another 1 million sales worldwide.

And so far Sony isn't one to give up on announcing milestones.

He's talking about 2m PS4s sold in the UK

2 million PS4 sold in UK.. Sorry i wasnt clear.

for Bloodborne i expect 1 million sold statement after 2 weeks.

I think he means hardware, not Bloodborne. 2m worldwide for Bloodborne is wishful thinking let alone in the UK!

Ah, of course.

Thought it was strange someone would think BB had any chance of hitting 2m in the UK in two weeks.

I can definitely see the PS4 hitting 2m any day now. The £266 offer via Rakuten will surely help get it faster...

Pezus

Getting another 1 million sales in UK is a lot especially so soon after the first 1 million announcement? It's different when comparing to worldwide, as unless you're the Wii U, you shouldn't be having difficulties reaching another 1 million sales worldwide.

And so far Sony isn't one to give up on announcing milestones.

I remember the same reasoning being used last year for PS4 worldwide sales. Since Sony didn't announce a milestone they didn't make it...

ZhugeEX

Banned
PS4 and Xbox One sold through 1.5 million units combined between July 2014 - January 2015. (H2 2014)

Using that and 0.9m for H1 2014 I think it's clear that total install base of PS4 and Xbox One will reach 6 million in the UK by January 2016.

I'm expecting PS4 to maintain a lead over Xbox One.

Welfare

I remember the same reasoning being used last year for PS4 worldwide sales. Since Sony didn't announce a milestone they didn't make it...

Well, yeah. They didn't make the 10 million announcement until they reached 10 million, and they didn't announce 20 million until they reached 20 million (with some change).

Paganmoon

Swedish charts week 12:

Per Platform said:
1.Battlefield: Hardline (PS4)
2.Battlefield: Hardline (XBO)
3.Final Fantasy: Type-0 HD (PS4)
4.Battlefield: Hardline (PC)
5.Mario Party 10 (WiiU)
6.Battlefield: Hardline (PS3)
7.Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
8.Battlefield: Hardline (360)
9.Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (PS4)
10.Minecraft (PS3)
11.Far Cry 4 (PS4)
12.Dying Light (PS4)
13.FIFA 15 (PS4)
14.Grand Theft Auto V (XBO)
15.The Elder Scrolls Online (PC)
16.The Sims 4 (PC)
17.Minecraft (360)
18.Just Dance 2015 (Wii)
19.The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
20.Minecraft (PS4)

Combined said:
1.Battlefield: Hardline
2.Final Fantasy: Type-0 HD
3.Mario Party 10
4.Grand Theft Auto V
5.Far Cry 4
6.Minecraft
7.Resident Evil: Revelations 2
8.FIFA 15
9.Dying Light
10.Lego Marvel Super Heroes
11.Just Dance 2015
12.Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
13.NHL 15
14.Assassin's Creed: Unity
15.The Elder Scrolls Online
16.The Sims 4
17.The Crew
18.Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
19.Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
20.Rayman Legends

The Order even dropped out of the PS4 top 10 chart, ouch.

Xando

Some new german market data was released today, based on a Gfk survey with 25k participants

32% of all PC and console games were bought digital in 2014 (up from 21%).

Digital games made up 19% of the overall revenue in 2014.
76% of all digital sales are below 20 €.

58% of PC sales are digital up from 38% in 2013.

Console digital sales are 9% up 1% from 2013 (revenue up from 3% to 5%)

http://www.biu-online.de/de/presse/...den-immer-haeufiger-als-download-gekauft.html

Console digital sales are suprisingly low, was expecting some percentages in the low 20s.

Orgen

Top selling games in US, UK and France for february:

CBBdNYFUcAAlrN2.png:large

Units or revenue? (I ask because I think the French charts are based on revenue, right?)

And the UK chart is missing one week from February it seems.

Psycho_Mantis said:
Xenoverse over MH4 and MM 0_0....looks like I haven;t been paying attention to these charts

And over The Order 1886 too ;) France is like Japan for anime related things so it's not a surprise to see Xenoverse so up in the charts (the Naruto games are big sellers there too IIRC).

ethomaz

Banned
For the 3.3m @ Jan 24th I will go with this split:

PS4: ~1.85m
Xbone: ~1.45m

1.3:1

Yeap... after the holidays the ratio dropped from 1.5:1 but I expect to grow again in 2015.

PS. PS4 is really close to cross 2 million today (Mar 27th) and it won't surprise me if Sony announce it with BB release news on Monday.

Welfare

I'm going to go with PS4 at 3 million and Xbox One at 0.3m....

I'm just pointing out that you can't just make up a number and use it

Dude what the hell? Xbox One doesn't sell anywhere unless it's the US.

PS4 is at 3.2m and Xbox One at .1m.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm going to go with PS4 at 3 million and Xbox One at 0.3m....

I'm just pointing out that you can't just make up a number and use it
Make numbers lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=157286947&postcount=34

PS4 can't be lower than 1.8m
Xbone can't be higher than 1.5m

If that happens the gap will decrease (330k at 1m PS4) and it didn't happened because PS4 sold more in Oct, Nov + Dec and Jan (this last is my guess).

Yeap... the only guess part is January until 24th but it is 90% certain PS4 sold more too.

Foshy

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...fends-off-challenge-of-bloodborne-in-uk-chart

EA's shooter enjoyed impressive second week sales to hold on to the number one spot. As UK tracker Chart-Track noted, Battlefield 4 had a better launch week than Battlefield Hardline, but Battlefield Hardline had a better second week than its predecessor, with physical sales dropping off by 43 per cent.

From Software's Bloodborne, then, misses out on being UK number one by 22,500 units. 2K's current-gen remaster Borderlands: The Handsome Jack Collection debuted in third place.

Kosma

Banned
So last week Battlefield did over 83k

Sales dropped 43% this week so that 47k

Bloodborne 22.5k under that so Bloodborne did +/- 25k

25k compares to Dark Souls 2 how?

Foshy

correction: that would be >25k, and we don't know by how much

does anyone have BF4 second week numbers?

bombshell

83K for BF:H is the floor, so not a perfect number for doing estimates.

SgtCobra

Not gonna lie, I'm genuinely shocked Bloodbourne didn't take the top spot, even without it being a multiplat.
Souls games have never been big sellers, Bloodborne faces one of the biggest console/PC franchises in the industry right now (well I guess it's somewhere in the top 10) even though it's a spin off. Souls games aren't also for everyone, this is a good start and I expect the game to sell pretty favorable (LTD) both for From and Sony.

People thinking Bloodborne will be a big seller like other AAA games need to check out the sales numbers of other Souls games on consoles. It just won't happen, I wouldn't call the games niche but it's pretty darn close to that.

Top Bottom