• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 12, 2015

Last weeks thread showed that at this time of the year, chart positions and platform break downs don't mean much, sales for Type-0 are probably quite low. Still, it does show how demographics differ between the XB1 and PS4, pretty funny to see actually. FFXV is going to be grossly in favour of PS4 WW, probably a 70/30 split in favour of PS4 at absolute worst and that would not be counting Japan. I'm looking forward to see how Witcher 3 fares on both consoles, 360 sales for WRPGs was considerably stronger compared to PS4, let's see if that continues.

Not a fan of Type 0 doing so well tbh, but then I've always thought how they handled it's western release has been incredibly shitty and not something I'd be eager to see rewarded.

It was released on PSP, which was dying outside of Japan, the choice to not release it wasn't a bad one, at least now it has a chance to sell to more people and potentially allow for a sequel.

Daym and if people needed more proof that PS owners are more receptive to Japanese games, this pretty much cements it. Would have thought REV 2 would have done a little better on X1 though.

I was just thinking this. The study of genre bias in PS/MS/Nin owners is fertile ground for a study I think.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
TOP 10 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 21 March 2015

(100%)

01 (NE) BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) > 83,000
02 (NE) FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
03 (01) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2) - 20,365 / 5,323,638 (-5%)
04 (02) DYING LIGHT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) > 10,570 (-36%)
05 (03) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) > 10,263 (+11%)
06 (NE) MARIO PARTY 10 (NINTENDO)
07 (NE) RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS 2 (CAPCOM)
08 (06) CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
09 (04) MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT) > 5,232 < 6,988 (-13%)
10 (07) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

So

Battlefield: Hardline PS4 (46%) - > 38,180
Battlefield: Hardline One (%43%) - > 35,690
Battlefield: Hardline 360 (6%) - > 4,980
Battlefield: Hardline PS3 (%3%) -> 2,490

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD PS4 (78%) - > 16,095
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD One (22%) - > 4,480

Do we have estimates for Mario Party 9? Mario Party 10 debuted better, so we'd have a minimum.

Percy

Banned
It was released on PSP, which was dying outside of Japan, the choice to not release it wasn't a bad one, at least now it has a chance to sell to more people and potentially allow for a sequel.

I get that and I don't disagree and certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone their enjoyment of the game, but £40+ for a purely aesthetic update to a single PSP game released at retail on a current home console is something I personally just can't get past. Very much a 'me' problem perhaps, but I find it all a bit distasteful.

Cornbread78

It has more to do with SE not releasing the game on Vita, where it should have been, Also, that muffed announcement. .

Screw you SE foe that and again for that FFVII announcement..

driver116

How much does the MCC bundle go for in the UK? Is it actually a deal because the bundle seems to have done diddly for sales. Which is surprising considering if a game is bundled it automatically goes into the top 10.

I speak for myself, but I wouldn't by a remaster bundle. Which leads me to believe that the GTA5 bundle did average sales.

Hasney

So

Battlefield: Hardline PS4 (46%) - > 38,180
Battlefield: Hardline One (%43%) - > 35,690
Battlefield: Hardline 360 (6%) - > 4,980
Battlefield: Hardline PS3 (%3%) -> 2,490

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD PS4 (78%) - > 16,095
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD One (22%) - > 4,480

Do we have estimates for Mario Party 9? Mario Party 10 debuted better, so we'd have a minimum.

Based on : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465477&highlight=pal+charts&page=2

Between 9.8k and 14k if I'm reading that right.

Interesting tidbit about 9:

Wow at Mario Party 9, especially considering Game, Gamestation and HMV did not stock it on the High Street.

stryke

Update on New Zealand -

http://www.mcvpacific.com/news/read...ctive-entertainment-category-for-2014/0147018

Market data from NPD Group Australia has revealed, the PlayStation 4 was the number one selling home console in New Zealand for the calendar year 2014. The PlayStation 4 took 65% market value share in next gen consoles, as well as became the fastest selling home console in New Zealand in the past decade. The console helped drive the total category, with hardware sales up 24% year-on-year.

The PlayStation 4 was also the lead games software platform, with the top 20 selling multi-platform titles performing better on the PlayStation 4, including Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4 and Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

(as a comparison, PS4 holds 60% of current gen consoles in Australia)

Hasney

How much does the MCC bundle go for in the UK? Is it actually a deal because the bundle seems to have done diddly for sales. Which is surprising considering if a game is bundled it automatically goes into the top 10.

Eh, it went from 33 to 22 last week which was the first weekend the bundle existed and now to 16 so it is doing something. You just have to remember that XB1 is the second best selling console, we're not in primetime console buying and that because it's a new official bundle, it's still mostly at RRP.

xrnzaaas

Final Fantasy doesn't deserve to be so high since they didn't do much to improve the original game.
I'm surprised that old-gen Battlefield Hardline did pretty good.

Kysen

MS can look forward to somewhat even sales worldwide for shootbang games but everything else will shrink. A stark difference from 360.

driver116

Eh, it went from 33 to 22 last week which was the first weekend the bundle existed and now to 16 so it is doing something. You just have to remember that XB1 is the second best selling console, we're not in primetime console buying and that because it's a new official bundle, it's still mostly at RRP.

It's now at £28 on Amazon - a sweet spot price.

SPAW

Final Fantasy doesn't deserve to be so high since they didn't do much to improve the original game.
I'm surprised that old-gen Battlefield Hardline did pretty good.

why don't you qualify that statement: please point to a HD-update of a PSP-game with better changes.

I get that and I don't disagree and certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone their enjoyment of the game, but £40+ for a purely aesthetic update to a single PSP game released at retail on a current home console is something I personally just can't get past. Very much a 'me' problem perhaps, but I find it all a bit distasteful.

£40?

I paid £27. You need to shop around a bit more. I never would pay £40 for a remaster, PSP or otherwise.

It has more to do with SE not releasing the game on Vita, where it should have been, Also, that muffed announcement. .

Screw you SE foe that and again for that FFVII announcement..

I can't say I'm too hurt about it not being on Vita, but it should definitely have been an option.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. Fucking SE.

gtj1092

Wasn't FF13 spilt 70/30 in favour of the PS3?

It's been so long I may be thinking of a different game though.

The Revelations 2 split is pretty shocking...

jaina

Wow I'm guessing that 65% includes Wii U. Seems the only English speaking markets left for the X1 are UK and US. I'm assuming since they say the past decade that it has sold faster than the Wii but slower than the Ps2? But I feel like the Wii sold faster but my memory could be hazy.

Wii likely did not sell that many units in the same timeframe because of supply.

EGOMON

If the idiots at SE released Type-0 for PSV who were asking for it instead Xbone it would have done better *sigh*

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If the idiots at SE released Type-0 for PSV who were asking for it instead Xbone it would have done better *sigh*
Well, I don't know about that. I mean globally there is no question the xbone was a better decision. In addition to it not being dead in the U.S. And UK, it is an easy port between platforms.

I'm struggling to understand the lack of perspective on this one. They didn't want to release it on a dead Sony handheld (psp) so they should release it on a dead Sony handheld?

I love vita but it really isn't the place to try and move software in the west.

Top Bottom