• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 12, 2015

SgtCobra

The Type-0 HD split doesn't surprise me one bit, I'm pretty sure Square Enix (just like a lot of other devs/pubs) didn't expect the roles to be reversed this gen, hence the multiplatform releases of their big titles.
People should expect FFXV to pull up a similar platform split percentage, or even more in favor of the PS4 version.

Really interested to see how SE handles this situation, will they change their platform strategy for their RPG's? Like I said in another thread: as long as they keep their expectations in check then they won't get disappointed, also there's always the US where both console LTD's are much closer to each other than anywhere else.

I didn't expect that split for RER2 though, seems like the PS4 is still selling better over there?

Last weeks thread showed that at this time of the year, chart positions and platform break downs don't mean much, sales for Type-0 are probably quite low. Still, it does show how demographics differ between the XB1 and PS4, pretty funny to see actually. FFXV is going to be grossly in favour of PS4 WW, probably a 70/30 split in favour of PS4 at absolute worst and that would not be counting Japan. I'm looking forward to see how Witcher 3 fares on both consoles, 360 sales for WRPGs was considerably stronger compared to PS4, let's see if that continues.
I didn't even know Type-0 was also coming to xbone, no advertising whatsoever.

Repeating from the other thread, Revelations 2 has to do good, i need Capcom to give these guys a shitload on money and make them lead devs for RE7 lol

This so much, if it underperforms it's a disaster for the franchise. Digital sales will the bulk of its sales though.

Hasney

The Type-0 HD split doesn't surprise me one bit, I'm pretty sure Square Enix (just like a lot of other devs/pubs) didn't expect the roles to be reversed this gen, hence the multiplatform releases of their big titles.
People should expect FFXV to pull up a similar platform split percentage, or even more in favor of the PS4 version.

Really interested to see how SE handles this situation, will they change their platform strategy for their RPG's? Like I said in another thread: as long as they keep their expectations in check then they won't get disappointed, also there's always the US where both console LTD's are much closer to each other than anywhere else.

I didn't expect that split for RER2 though, seems like the PS4 is still selling better over there?

It's not enough for Square to rethink the platforms. The US is likely to have a closer split and at that point, they could be losing out on 6 figures of copies sold which will likely offset any costs of the port.

Even with the lead Sony has, there is no point in a 3rd party publisher making a game exclusive to any system unless they are paid to do so.

Tratorn

So

Battlefield: Hardline PS4 (46%) - > 38,180
Battlefield: Hardline One (%43%) - > 35,690
Battlefield: Hardline 360 (6%) - > 4,980
Battlefield: Hardline PS3 (%3%) -> 2,490

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD PS4 (78%) - > 16,095
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD One (22%) - > 4,480

Do we have estimates for Mario Party 9? Mario Party 10 debuted better, so we'd have a minimum.

@FF Type0: Good numbers for a PSP-Remake, wonder how many of the 21k people bought it for the FFXV Demo though. ;)

@BF Hardline: How does it compare to BF3/4? 90k Seems not that great for a BF.

SgtCobra

It's not enough for Square to rethink the platforms. The US is likely to have a closer split and at that point, they could be losing out on 6 figures of copies sold which will likely offset any costs of the port.

Even with the lead Sony has, there is no point in a 3rd party publisher making a game exclusive to any system unless they are paid to do so.
That's why I said that SE needs to have realistic expectations when releasing a JRPG for the Xbox One. Of course it's better to release it on as many platforms as possible but they're a pretty strange/unpredictable company though. For example, there's still that FFX HD Remaster which is a PS4 exclusive and that's one of the reasons why I'm waiting to see what they will do next.

I really doubt Sony paid for a PS2 > PS3 remaster.

Hasney

@FF Type0: Good numbers for a PSP-Remake, wonder how many of the 21k people bought it for the FFXV Demo though. ;)

@BF Hardline: How does it compare to BF3/4? 90k Seems not that great for a BF.

BF4 did close to the overall BF:H performance just on 360. 139k overall.

BF3 was 315k-525k Week 1

EDIT: Fairest comparison would be against Bad Company 2 since it was in March and was a spin-off, but looks like we didn't have numbers on it.

Hasney

That's why I said that SE needs to have realistic expectations when releasing a JRPG for the Xbox One. Of course it's better to release it on as many platforms as possible but they're a pretty strange/unpredictable company though. For example, there's still that FFX HD Remaster which is a PS4 exclusive and that's one of the reasons why I'm waiting to see what they will do next.

I really doubt Sony paid for a PS2 > PS3 remaster.

Yeah, I get that. I think any new project that isn't a remaster will go on both consoles no matter what, but unless things get really dire on the XB1, I don't think they'll concern themselves too much and just look at the overall number.

07 (NE) RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS 2 (CAPCOM)

Revelations on 3DS debuted higher on a much smaller installed base (IIRC, around 15-18.000 units). So the problem wasn't the platform.

Hasney

Revelations on 3DS debuted higher on a much smaller installed base (IIRC, around 15-18.000 units). So the problem wasn't the platform.

Or there was a better deal that got you the game earlier and cheaper through a method that isn't tracked on the chart.

Like I said earlier, we won't know the true story until Capcom do financial reports for this period.

Or there was a better deal that got you the game earlier and cheaper through a method that isn't tracked on the chart.

Like I said earlier, we won't know the true story until Capcom do financial reports for this period.

Cool, then it might also mean that Capcom's strategy has been successful. A shame we don't have digital numbers.

Alo0oy

Banned
Daym and if people needed more proof that PS owners are more receptive to Japanese games, this pretty much cements it. Would have thought REV 2 would have done a little better on X1 though.

There was ever a doubt?

FFXIII was ~70% on PS3 on NPD (& I think UK too? can anyone confirm that?), despite the PS3 having less than half the install base at the time of release. Anybody that disputed JRPGs don't sell well on Xbox was either trolling you, or blind.

EDIT: Yeah that percentage wasn't the case in UK, but I'm pretty sure on NPD it sold twice as much on PS3 than X360, so relative to the userbase, it sold x4 times on PS3 than 360 in the US & x2 times on PS3 than X360 in the UK.

Are you forgetting that Revelations 2 is being sold in episodic content for a some time now?

Mikey Jr.

Nintendo fans buy Nintendo games.

Xbox fans buy shooters and sports games.

Playstation fans buy everything else.

Obviously ps4 is doing well, so even shooters are high up there.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

PS4 (78%)
XBO (22%)

Resident Evil Revelations 2

PS4 (52%)
XBO (23%)
PS3 (13%)
360 (11%)

Holy shite.

Any approximates on the total combined? Each selling a few thousand units could explain such drastic difference, otherwise, ouch for xbox.

Just as I expected, yet the best selling version is the worse version through no fault of the hardware. Capcom needs to gets it's priorities straight.

Yeah, that is some weird ass bumbling they pulled on the PS4 SKU. Looks like they are still patching it, so I will wait a little bit to pick it up. I got Type 0 and Bloodborne to hold me over until then^^

klee123

Just as I expected, yet the best selling version is the worse version through no fault of the hardware. Capcom needs to gets it's priorities straight.

It was the same as last gen.

PS3 versions usually outsold the 360 versions of their games, yet the 360 versions ran and look better.

Seems old habits die hard with them.

It was the same as last gen.

PS3 versions usually outsold the 360 versions of their games, yet the 360 versions ran and look better.

Seems old habits die hard with them.

what games are you talking about here?

also PS360 is hardly the same situation as PS4/XB1

Shin-Ra

Clappy.gif

Hasney

The Order moves up many places in the combined chart despite many new releases. Amazed.

Over the weekend, Argos, Tesco and Game started featuring it in bundles again alongside Battlefield. Expect it to raise higher next week.

BKK

TOP 10 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 21 March 2015

(100%)

01 (NE) BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) > 83,214
02 (NE) FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
03 (01) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2) - 20,365 / 5,323,638 (-5%)
04 (02) DYING LIGHT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) > 10,570 (-36%)
05 (03) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) > 10,263 (+11%)
06 (NE) MARIO PARTY 10 (NINTENDO)
08 (06) CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
09 (04) MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT) > 5,232 < 6,988 (-13%)
10 (07) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

With some upper bounds;

All Formats;

01 (NE) BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) > 83,000 < 185,145
02 (NE) FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE) < 31,182
03 (01) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2) - 20,365 / 5,323,638 (-5%)
04 (02) DYING LIGHT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) > 10,570 < 13,720 (-36%)
05 (03) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) > 10,263 (+11%)
06 (NE) MARIO PARTY 10 (NINTENDO)
07 (NE) RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS 2 (CAPCOM) < 13,192
08 (06) CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) < 9,317
09 (04) MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT) > 5,232 < 6,988 (-13%)
10 (07) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Individual Formats;

01 (NE) PS4 BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) > 37,862 < 86,093
02 (NE) XBO BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) > 35,366 < 80,538
03 (NE) PS4 FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE) > 15,885 < 24,322
04 (NE) WIU MARIO PARTY 10 (NINTENDO) < 13,720
05 (02) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
06 (04) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2) < 10,183
07 (01) PS4 DYING LIGHT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
08 (NE) 360 BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
09 (03) XBO DYING LIGHT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) < 6,860
10 (NE) XBO FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE) > 4,480
11 (NE) PS4 RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS 2 (CAPCOM)
12 (07) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
13 (05) 360 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
14 (NE) PS3 BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
15 (08) XBO FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
16 (22) XBO HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION (MICROSOFT)
17 (13) PS4 THE ORDER: 1886 (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
18 (09) 360 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
19 (10) PS3 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
20 (15) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
21 (12) XBO FORZA HORIZON 2 (MICROSOFT)
22 (11) 3DS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK 3D (NINTENDO)
23 (NE) XBO RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS 2 (CAPCOM) < 3,034
24 (25) XBO CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
25 (20) 360 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
26 (17) 360 TERRARIA (505 GAMES)
27 (33) 360 DISNEY INFINITY 2.0 (DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS)
28 (NE) PC BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
29 (30) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
30 (19) PS4 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
31 (21) XBO MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
32 (23) 3DS MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE (CAPCOM)
33 (06) PS4 DMC: DEFINITIVE EDITION (CAPCOM)
34 (29) 3DS TOMODACHI LIFE (NINTENDO)
35 (14) XBO EVOLVE (TAKE 2)
36 (__) 360 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
37 (__) PS4 THE LAST OF US: REMASTERED (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
38 (35) 360 WWE 2K15 (TAKE 2)
39 (34) 3DS SUPER SMASH BROS. (NINTENDO)
40 (36) PS4 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

stryke

Over 3 million PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles have been sold in the UK, GAME has revealed.

The retailer revealed the figure in its latest financial results, reporting that the two consoles had achieved an install-base of 3 million units by the end of January, "significantly ahead" of its expectations.

PS4 hit the 1 million milestone in September with Xbox One following in November, although it isn't clear how current sales are split between the two consoles.

Software sales on PS4 and Xbox One grew by 118 per cent between November 2014-January 2015 over the previous year, GAME adds, with sales of last-gen software declining by 50 per cent.

Videogamer

Full investors report by GAME

So, assuming PS4 has managed to maintain its 1.5 ratio, that would be 1.8 : 1.2 mil respectively.

If not, then probably around 1.7:1.3

Top Bottom