• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 35, 2007

Jokeropia

Yay Super Paper Mario!

Good start by MySims too, and RE4 keeps on trucking. Tiger Woods Wii 4th week > Tiger Woods PS3 1st week. Easily the best selling version.

Vagabundo

DefectiveReject said:
Wii was out of stock again in most (95%) of places i went at the weekend.
Mysims is getting a lot of store presence also

I was in buying Trauma Centre and overheard that GAME were out of stock in Dublin. He said he was surprised as they had received a large shipment the week before and there was a sudden surge.

I guess the summer lull is over.

Brain Training is such a monster. I know that's 2 year old news but Jesus. NOA have really dropped the ball by not getting it to be half as popular there as it is in Europe or Japan.

Lobster said:
Holy shit wtf bbq barbie at My Sims! Talk about surprise hit.. (lol)
Why is it a surprise hit? The Sims and Animal Crossing were both big in the UK. I expected this to do very, very well. But then again I also saw the big store promos and ads.

Rolf NB

These charts are full of wtfs, Strangle holding on, racing games grudge-matching, RFOM not just hanging in there but significantly outselling WOWHAWK during its launch and the whole prolonged accident that is the The Sims franchise.

How long since Tiger Woods/XBox 360 came out?

Lobster

Banned
Magicpaint said:
Why is it a surprise hit? The Sims and Animal Crossing were both big in the UK. I expected this to do very, very well. But then again I also saw the big store promos and ads.

I said (lol). I was expecting it to be huge.

ksamedi

I'm glad that EA is having a lot of succes on the Wii in the UK because i want them to spend as much resources on the Wii versions of there sports games as the other consoles. I hope this gives them some motivation.

doicare

Both the 360 and ps3 are catching up to wii's number of games in the top 40, shouldn't be long now before they over take the wii.

doicare said:
Both the 360 and ps3 are catching up to wii's number of games in the top 40, shouldn't be long now before they over take the wii.
l_b1baad815541cdccb1d491306f4064ab.gif

Lobster

Banned
doicare said:

l_b1baad815541cdccb1d491306f4064ab.gif

edit:aww.

not really..Just felt like making it 3 in a row

Nolan.

ksamedi said:
I'm glad that EA is having a lot of succes on the Wii in the UK because i want them to spend as much resources on the Wii versions of there sports games as the other consoles. I hope this gives them some motivation.

Why would they be any more successful than they are already they mostly advertise the wii version over the others and the others still sell.

Nolan. said:
Why would they be any more successful than they are already they mostly advertise the wii version over the others and the others still sell.
Because people like me don't buy them as we don't fall for the hype., therefore it needs to spread like wildfire the game is good for me to buy it!

Nolan.

DefectiveReject said:
Because people like me don't buy them as we don't fall for the hype., therefore it needs to spread like wildfire the game is good for me to buy it!

You should start buying hype it's even better than playing games you like.

Nolan. said:
You should start buying hype it's even better than playing games you like.
I already do buy hype
0060734.jpg

Its a good magazine, and you can play games with tit too

Roll it up and smash people with it
Roll it up and swat flies
Roll it up and burn cats with it

felipeko

First post updated.

UK:
TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), WEEK ENDING 22 September 2007
01/03 [WII] Super Paper Mario (Nintendo)
02/01 [360] John Woo Presents Stranglehold (Midway)
03/04 [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
04/05 [NDS] More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
05/__ [WII] Mysims (Electronic Arts)
06/08 [NDS] Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
07/02 [360] Medal Of Honor: Airborne (Electronic Arts)
08/__ [NDS] Mysims (Electronic Arts)
09/10 [PS3] Colin Mcrae: Dirt (Codemasters)
10/09 [WII] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)

11/__ [PS3] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
12/12 [WII] Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Nintendo)
13/06 [PS3] Heavenly Sword (Sony Computer Ent.)
14/07 [PC] The Sims 2: Bon Voyage (Electronic Arts)
15/__ [PC] World In Conflict (Vivendi Games)
16/21 [PS2] Transformers: The Game (Activision)
17/17 [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
18/16 [WII] Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)
19/__ [PS2] Singstar Rock Ballads (Sony Computer Ent.)
20/38 [NDS] Sonic Rush Adventure (Sega)
21/11 [360] Bioshock (Take 2)
22/20 [NDS] Cooking Mama (505 Games)
23/19 [PS2] Rugby 08 (Electronic Arts)
24/27 [PS3] Resistance: Fall Of Man (Sony Computer Ent.)
25/15 [WII] Boogie (Electronic Arts)
26/22 [NDS] Pokemon Diamond (Nintendo)
27/29 [360] Forza Motorsport 2 (Microsoft)
28/28 [PS3] Motorstorm (Sony Computer Ent.)
29/__ [PS3] Warhawk (Sony Computer Ent.)
30/13 [PC] Medal Of Honor: Airborne (Electronic Arts)
31/18 [360] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
32/26 [NDS] Pokemon Pearl (Nintendo)
33/24 [PS2] Stuntman: Ignition (Thq)
34/31 [WII] Resident Evil 4 (Capcom)
35/35 [PSP] Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Take 2)
36/23 [PS2] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
37/33 [360] Blue Dragon (Microsoft)
38/25 [NDS] Worms: Open Warfare 2 (Thq)
39/14 [360] Two Worlds (South Peak Games)
40/30 [PC] Medieval Ii: Total War - Kingdoms (Sega)

DS = 9
Wii = 8
X360 = 7
PS2 = 5
PS3 = 6
PC = 4
PSP = 1
Source: Chart Track - Click for original formatting

DC R1D3R

Banned
felipeko said:
First post updated.

UK:
TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), WEEK ENDING 22 September 2007
01/03 [WII] Super Paper Mario (Nintendo)
02/01 [360] John Woo Presents Stranglehold (Midway)
03/04 [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
04/05 [NDS] More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
05/__ [WII] Mysims (Electronic Arts)
06/08 [NDS] Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
07/02 [360] Medal Of Honor: Airborne (Electronic Arts)
08/__ [NDS] Mysims (Electronic Arts)
09/10 [PS3] Colin Mcrae: Dirt (Codemasters)
10/09 [WII] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)

11/__ [PS3] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
12/12 [WII] Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Nintendo)
13/06 [PS3] Heavenly Sword (Sony Computer Ent.)
14/07 [PC] The Sims 2: Bon Voyage (Electronic Arts)
15/__ [PC] World In Conflict (Vivendi Games)
16/21 [PS2] Transformers: The Game (Activision)
17/17 [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
18/16 [WII] Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)
19/__ [PS2] Singstar Rock Ballads (Sony Computer Ent.)
20/38 [NDS] Sonic Rush Adventure (Sega)
21/11 [360] Bioshock (Take 2)
22/20 [NDS] Cooking Mama (505 Games)
23/19 [PS2] Rugby 08 (Electronic Arts)
24/27 [PS3] Resistance: Fall Of Man (Sony Computer Ent.)
25/15 [WII] Boogie (Electronic Arts)
26/22 [NDS] Pokemon Diamond (Nintendo)
27/29 [360] Forza Motorsport 2 (Microsoft)
28/28 [PS3] Motorstorm (Sony Computer Ent.)
29/__ [PS3] Warhawk (Sony Computer Ent.)
30/13 [PC] Medal Of Honor: Airborne (Electronic Arts)
31/18 [360] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
32/26 [NDS] Pokemon Pearl (Nintendo)
33/24 [PS2] Stuntman: Ignition (Thq)
34/31 [WII] Resident Evil 4 (Capcom)
35/35 [PSP] Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Take 2)
36/23 [PS2] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
37/33 [360] Blue Dragon (Microsoft)
38/25 [NDS] Worms: Open Warfare 2 (Thq)
39/14 [360] Two Worlds (South Peak Games)
40/30 [PC] Medieval Ii: Total War - Kingdoms (Sega)

DS = 9
Wii = 8
X360 = 7
PS2 = 5
PS3 = 6
PC = 4
PSP = 1
Source: Chart Track - Click for original formatting

Damn, Heavenly Sword looks to have taken a turn for the worse, I thought the UK SDF would have gobbled it up san release, with all the favorable reviews an all?

Nolan.

Lobster said:
Yeah...I hope you understand why.

Content.?

DC R1D3R said:
Damn, Heavenly Sword looks to have taken a turn for the worse, I thought the UK SDF would have gobbled it up san release, with all the favorable reviews an all?

Not really surprising since most of it's not really had many ads plus the length i'm surprised its even that high maybe it's the bundles.

doicare

People can laugh all they like, several months ago you could add all the 360 games and ps3 games in the top 40 chart together and they still wouldnt have had half the amount of games the wii did. NOw the 360 and ps3 are just behind the wii. With more top rated games coming to the 360 and ps3 than the wii will be getting both the 360 and ps3 will soon over take the wii in the number games that chart in the top 40.

doicare said:
People can laugh all they like, several months ago you could add all the 360 games and ps3 games in the top 40 chart together and they still wouldnt have had half the amount of games the wii did. NOw the 360 and ps3 are just behind the wii. With more top rated games coming to the 360 and ps3 than the wii will be getting both the 360 and ps3 will soon over take the wii in the number games that chart in the top 40.

ROFL
HA HA HA

Maybe because there are less and less PS2 games being released? And more and more PS3 and 360 games being released???????

Wii has had nothing released before the last 2 weeks for a while in the UK, and its managed to stay on top. And we have etroid, Mario Galaxy and more to come.....!

spwolf

Nolan. said:
Wait I just realised even motorstorm outperformed Warhawk.

many europeans got PSN version, just like I did... much cheaper and didnt have to wait at all.

Plus, I am now hearing a lot of frenchies on Euro servers, which didnt happen until last few days...

Nolan.

spwolf said:
many europeans got PSN version, just like I did... much cheaper and didnt have to wait at all.

Plus, I am now hearing a lot of frenchies on Euro servers, which didnt happen until last few days...

Forgot about the price though it does have a headset which I would like.

mclem

AltogetherAndrews said:
Swedish people used to also trash talk Smurf Hits, yet it didn't stop that bile from burning up the charts.

I possess one of the singles.

Hey, it was the 80's. I was young, naive... in fact, I was *too* young. It was my sister's, got passed on to me.

Yay for plausible deniability!

Raist

Banned
spwolf said:

Looks like the retail version will only be available tomorrow here. Weird, I thought it was supposed to be released last week.

mclem

spwolf said:

I'm about to agree with spwolf about something. Somebody hold me.

This is probably true, which does make me wonder if we might be looking at download sales being charted at some point in the future the way the music charts changed a little while back.

Jokeropia

doicare said:
:lol

This week's chart is probably the best yet for Wii with so many games in top positions. It's not that 360 and PS3 haven't gotten as many games yet (they have), it's just that their games don't sell as well as the Wii games. This applies to the PS3 in particular, just compare the positions of it's recent releases to the positions of Wii's recent releases. (Heavenly Sword debuted at #6 and fell to #13 this week while Super Paper Mario debuted at #3 and climbed to #1 this week, Tiger Woods Wii's fourth week outsold Tiger Woods PS3's first week and is easily the best selling version etc.) Things will only get better for Wii as it overtakes the 360's installed base (I don't think it has happened in the UK yet) and continues to increase it's lead over the PS3.

doicare

DefectiveReject said:
ROFL
HA HA HA

Maybe because there are less and less PS2 games being released? And more and more PS3 and 360 games being released???????

Wii has had nothing released before the last 2 weeks for a while in the UK, and its managed to stay on top. And we have etroid, Mario Galaxy and more to come.....!

That has got to be one of the most retarded posts i have ever seen. If their are less ps2 games being released then other games being released have to take their place, more 360 and ps3 games are taking their place instead of wii games, so what's your point?

Top Bottom