• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 35, 2007

doicare

DefectiveReject said:
I think i posted in a thread some while ago, when an idiot has no response otherthan to further publicly display his idiocity, he usually quotes my Tag, which is actually just there as a ruse to draw out all the real retards

Because it is in response to an equally retarded post. The fact is, all i originally said was the 360 and ps3 are gaining on the wii IN TERMS OF HOW MANY TITLES ARE IN THE TOP 40. Chances are with more games now coming out for the 360 and ps3 they will both overtake the wii IN TERMS OF NUMBER OF GAMES IN THE TOP 40, THAT IS ALL. I have never said wii software is selling less, i never said the ps3 and 360 will start selling more hardware than the wii, i never said 360 and ps3 will have more titles in the top 10 or top 20, all i simply stated was the 360 and ps3 will soon have more titles in the top 40. Now it's obvious who the fanboys are because as soon as somebody points out something that could shed abit of bad light on the wii, the fanboys then jump to the defences and start posting all other points which show the wii is doing well. If it was the other way round and the 360 and ps3 had more titles in the top 10 or 20 but overall in the top 40 they had less than the wii, what do you think the wii fanboys would be shouting about?? You can talk about anything else you like about wii sales im not going to debate it with you, all im saying is the 360 and ps3 are gaining on the wii IN TERMS OF HOW MANY TITLES ARE IN THE TOP 40 and chances are with more games now coming out for the 360 and ps3 they will both overtake the wii IN TERMS OF NUMBER OF GAMES IN THE TOP 40, THAT IS ALL.

zsidane

felipeko said:
Thanks, i'll be working in improving this (already did nice improvements) for next week :D

Someone has to do it, right? ^^
Now that's great!
Keep up the good work!

The reasons this fight should be between the 360 and PS3 are:
1. I find that more entertaining.
2. It's only been 6 month and the PS3 is selling comparible software to the 360.
3. Even though the 360 is working off of Halo 3 hype, a price-drop, the elite, and Bioshock but the PS3 still keeps up.
4. It shouldn't be long before the PS3 overtakes the 360.....whoowoowoowoowooo!
5. The real battle is for 2nd place. That's what matters most.
I totally agree with you :lol

doicare

Pureauthor said:
You, earlier in this thread:

Okay, now who's the guy who's not bothering to back up his point and giving canned replies instead?

I already have backed up my point and because the actual point im making is right, that poster has to try and change the subject and deflect from what i've said by posting nonsense.

mepaco

doicare said:
Because it is in response to an equally retarded post. The fact is, all i originally said was the 360 and ps3 are gaining on the wii IN TERMS OF HOW MANY TITLES ARE IN THE TOP 40. Chances are with more games now coming out for the 360 and ps3 they will both overtake the wii IN TERMS OF NUMBER OF GAMES IN THE TOP 40, THAT IS ALL. I have never said wii software is selling less, i never said the ps3 and 360 will start selling more hardware than the wii, i never said 360 and ps3 will have more titles in the top 10 or top 20, all i simply stated was the 360 and ps3 will soon have more titles in the top 40. Now it's obvious who the fanboys are because as soon as somebody points out something that could shed abit of bad light on the wii, the fanboys then jump to the defences and start posting all other points which show the wii is doing well. If it was the other way round and the 360 and ps3 had more titles in the top 10 or 20 but overall in the top 40 they had less than the wii, what do you think the wii fanboys would be shouting about?? You can talk about anything else you like about wii sales im not going to debate it with you, all im saying is the 360 and ps3 are gaining on the wii IN TERMS OF HOW MANY TITLES ARE IN THE TOP 40 and chances are with more games now coming out for the 360 and ps3 they will both overtake the wii IN TERMS OF NUMBER OF GAMES IN THE TOP 40, THAT IS ALL.

The problem here is that you tried to draw that conclusion based on the anomalous sales of the lowest week compared to the anomalous sales in the current highest week for those platforms. Even your larger analysis doesn't have enough data points to draw such a conclusion.

You also falsely claimed that Wii had been dominating the PAL charts when, if you actually look back at the data, there was a large period of time when the Wii only had Wii Play and maybe one or two other titles in the top 40.

Finally, you did not directly say that the Wii sales would decrease but you say that the other two will start having more titles in the top 40. In order for that to happen, PS3 and 360 sales must increase while Wii software sales decrease or, at the least, become stagnant. How else would it happen? You really think that there are more releases this holiday for the PS3 than the Wii that will stick around in the charts?

doicare said:

I was going to try to properly respond to this, but it's just some huge block of text with lousy punctuation and capitalizations and whatnot. I'm tired, I'm on the verge of a headache, and I don't need the aggravation.

So, I'll just say this: You are wrong.

doicare

mepaco said:
The problem here is that you tried to draw that conclusion based on the anomalous sales of the lowest week compared to the anomalous sales in the current highest week for those platforms. Even your larger analysis doesn't have enough data points to draw such a conclusion.

You also falsely claimed that Wii had been dominating the PAL charts when, if you actually look back at the data, there was a large period of time when the Wii only had Wii Play and maybe one or two other titles in the top 40.

Finally, you did not directly say that the Wii sales would decrease but you say that the other two will start having more titles in the top 40. In order for that to happen, PS3 and 360 sales must increase while Wii software sales decrease or, at the least, become stagnant. How else would it happen? You really think that there are more releases this holiday for the PS3 than the Wii that will stick around in the charts?

Problem is it's a case of double standards. For most of the summer (that's july onwards) the wii seemed to have the most software in the top 40, based on the all prices/full prices top 40 charts compared to the 360 and ps3. Even tho that data is less conclusive than the current individual units chart that has been recently introduced, people were happy to sing about how well the wii was doing. Now their is some evidence that the 360 and ps3's software is starting to sell better and could be catching up to the wii people want to cry foul over it. Personally i think wii software will continue to sell well and trend in line with the christmas season but i see the 360 and ps3 software increasing even further.

doicare said:
all im saying is the 360 and ps3 are gaining on the wii IN TERMS OF HOW MANY TITLES ARE IN THE TOP 40
So our mistake was thinking you were trying to say something meaningful in the larger picture.

Hmmmm... if I had the time I would go through this whole thread and pick out everything opinionated doicare has posted, but I don't, so this will have to suffice.

doicare, you are trying to say that the PS3 and 360 are gaining on the Wii in software titles in the Top 40, but you are missing a key point in this that many other people have pointed out pretty clearly already. You completely miss that titles in the Top 10 should have a heavier weight than what ever is outside of the Top 10. The Wii has 4 titles in the Top 10, four. I don't consider that a sign of weakness software wise. Sure the PS3 and 360 have slowly picked up sales over the summer, but that should be expected. The Wii had a stronger software line-up in June than either one of them, with Brain Academy, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Resident Evil 4, and Mario Strikers. So naturally it had more software in the charts. The 360 and PS3's software have just recently started picking up again after a slow summer release schedule, with releases such as Lair, Bioshock, and Heavenly Sword, so more games have been charting, along with more software, there has also been a pricedrop for both consoles.

The second point is that you keep saying opinionated things about future software line-ups. How the hell should you or anyone else know which console will have games that sell better to the masses. Who knows if games like Kane and Lynch or Geometry Wars Galaxies will ever chart. Just don't make assumptions right now about something in the future. No one can guess the future, so why should you be able too?

mepaco

doicare said:
Problem is it's a case of double standards. For most of the summer (that's july onwards) the wii seemed to have the most software in the top 40, based on the all prices/full prices top 40 charts compared to the 360 and ps3. Even tho that data is less conclusive than the current individual units chart that has been recently introduced, people were happy to sing about how well the wii was doing. Now their is some evidence that the 360 and ps3's software is starting to sell better and could be catching up to the wii people want to cry foul over it. Personally i think wii software will continue to sell well and trend in line with the christmas season but i see the 360 and ps3 software increasing even further.

Don't try and play dumb now. Yeah, PS3 and 360 titles are up. These things fluctuate as new games are released. Yeah, they have been doing better because there have been some decent releases lately. I don't think anybody has a problem with that part of your argument. It was the following statement that seems to come from nowhere and has nothing to back it up:

doicare said:
Both the 360 and ps3 are catching up to wii's number of games in the top 40, shouldn't be long now before they over take the wii.

That, combined with the thought that, over the holiday season, the PS3 is getting more titles that will place and stay in the charts than the Wii are the sticking points here.

Good to see that doicare is keeping the legacy of "special" posters with Homer avatars alive :lol .

Didn't see these posted:

Germany

1. Pokemon Diamond (DS)
2. Super Paper Mario (Wii)
3. More Brain Training (DS)
4. Brain Training (DS)
5. Pokemon Pearl (DS)
6. Heavenly Sword (PS3)
7. Pony Friends (DS)
8. NSMB (DS)
9. My Sims (DS)
10. Singstar Pophits (PS2)

My Sims for Wii failed to enter the charts, which surprised me tbh. I would've thought that this had more appeal for the home console market.

Heavenly Sword has a so-so debut: It charted in the Top 10, which is good for a PS3 title, but entering the charts at 6 means we'll probably won't see it next week and can only be considered a disappointment given the development time and production values.

Other than that business as usual.

saelz8

GFK Data, All Platforms. (Week ending September 23rd)

Germany
01.The Sims 2: Bon Voyage (PC)
02.World in Conflict: Uncut Edition (PC)
03.Pokemon Diamond (DS)
04.Super Paper Mario (Wii)
05.Medal of Honor Airborne (PC)
06.Dr Kawashima's More Brain Training (DS)
07.Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (DS)
08.Pokemon Pearl (DS)
09.Heavenly Sword (PS3)
10.Pony Friends (DS)

Spain
01.Heavenly Sword (PS3)
02.WWE Smackdown VS. Raw Platinum (PS2)
03.Super Paper Mario (Wii)
04.The Sims 2: Bon Voyage (PC)
05.Dr Kawashima's More Brain Training (DS)
06.Pro Evolution Soccer 6 Platinum (PS2)
07.Pokemon Diamond (DS)
08.Colin McRae Dirt (PS3)
09.WWE Smackdown VS. Raw Platinum (PSP)
10.Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (DS)

WIC is doing well in Germany.

Rolf NB

Interesting: the uncut (multi-lingual I suppose) version of World In Conflict makes #2 in Germany while the regular doesn't even appear in the top 10. Please take note of this amazing data point, dear European publishers. Take note.

felipeko

Quellex said:
GFK Data, All Platforms. (Week ending September 23rd)

Germany
01.The Sims 2: Bon Voyage (PC)
02.World in Conflict: Uncut Edition (PC)
03.Pokemon Diamond (DS)
04.Super Paper Mario (Wii)
05.Medal of Honor Airborne (PC)
06.Dr Kawashima's More Brain Training (DS)
07.Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (DS)
08.Pokemon Pearl (DS)
09.Heavenly Sword (PS3)
10.Pony Friends (DS)

Spain
01.Heavenly Sword (PS3)
02.WWE Smackdown VS. Raw Platinum (PS2)
03.Super Paper Mario (Wii)
04.The Sims 2: Bon Voyage (PC)
05.Dr Kawashima's More Brain Training (DS)
06.Pro Evolution Soccer 6 Platinum (PS2)
07.Pokemon Diamond (DS)
08.Colin McRae Dirt (PS3)
09.WWE Smackdown VS. Raw Platinum (PSP)
10.Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (DS)

WIC is doing well in Germany.
Updated the OP, thanks.

felipeko

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Wow at Super Paper Mario. That's the third week that it is out, isn't it ?
I think it's the second...

I'm trying to improve these charts, since we don't have any numbers, i think we would need a little more analysis to try to understand.. Would you think a "total weeks on the charts" number for each title would be a nice thing?!:D

felipeko said:
Updated the OP, thanks.
Not to bring the whole discussion up every week but the combined PC/console charts for germany are only ever quoted at nextgenbiz. I stated my concerns regarding these charts for a couple of times already. Ngb says they are media create/GfK but I haven't seen them anywhere besides ngb. At retailers etc. you'll only find seperated charts.

I think we should stay to the ones I posted, which are official (seperated) PC/console charts and don't match the ones posted by ngb. I don't post the PC charts because no one seems to be interested anyways.

felipeko

Phife Dawg said:
Not to bring the whole discussion up every week but the combined PC/console charts for germany are only ever quoted at nextgenbiz. I stated my concerns regarding these charts for a couple of times already. Ngb says they are media create/GfK but I haven't seen them anywhere besides ngb. At retailers etc. you'll only find seperated charts.

I think we should stay to the ones I posted, which are official (seperated) PC/console charts and don't match the ones posted by ngb. I don't post the PC charts because no one seems to be interested anyways.
Ok! done. :D

Rocked

MySims and Boogie deserve to sell. They might not be to everyone's tastes, but at least you can see EA's put a lot of effort in to their casual games, unlike Ubisoft's crap which rightly bombs.

This poop was released a few weeks ago:

image_%5B59138%5D_s.jpg

What's the point?! Nobody will buy it and most places don't even sell it. Screenshot:

4106_4.jpg

:lol :lol

felipeko said:
Ok! done. :D
Thx, also for actually updating the first post since you "took over". Very much appreciated.

Rocked said:
MySims and Boogie deserve to sell. They might not be to everyone's tastes, but at least you can see EA's put a lot of effort in to their casual games, unlike Ubisoft's crap which rightly bombs.

This poop was released a few weeks ago:

http://www.livegamer.nl/ProdImages/image_[59138]_s.jpg

What's the point?! Nobody will buy it and most places don't even sell it. Screenshot:

http://www.gamehouse.cz/images/4106_4.jpg

:lol :lol
I'm all for Ubi hate (esp. concerning Wii) but Cosmic Family is just edutainment aimed at families. There are countless apps like that for PC. It's not even a casual game.

Here are the real charts for Sweden week 38, sorry about last post, MDTS (the ones making these charts) website lied to me.

Multiformat
1. Singstar Svenska hits Schlager (PS2)
2. World in Conflict (PC)
3. NHL 08 (360)
4. The Sims 2: Jorden Runt (PC)
5. NHL 08 (PS3)
6. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (PC)
7. World of Warcraft (PC)
8. Counter-Strike 1: Anthology (PC)
9. Medal of Honor: Airborne (PC)
10. Super Paper Mario (Wii)
11. Heavenly Sword (PS3)
12. Warcraft III: Frozen Throne (PC)
13. Colin McRae: Dirt (PS3)
14. Battlefield 2 (PC)
15. The Sims 2 (PC)
16. Warcraft III: Reign Of Chaos (PC)
17. Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80´s (PS2)
18. Counter-Strike Source (PC)
19. Medieval II: Total War - Kingdoms (PC)
20. Singstar Svenska hits (PS2)

PC
1. World in Conflict
2. The Sims 2: Jorden Runt
3. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
4. World of Warcraft
5. Counter-Strike 1: Anthology
6. Medal of Honor: Airborne
7. Warcraft III: Frozen Throne
8. Battlefield 2
9. The Sims 2
10. Warcraft III: Reign Of Chaos

Playstation 2
1. Singstar Svenska hits Schlager
2. Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80´s
3. Singstar Svenska hits
4. Medal of Honor: Vanguard
5. FIFA 07
6. Singstar 90's
7. Guitar Hero II
8. Need for Speed Carbon
9. Shrek 3
10. Bilar

Playstation 3
1. NHL 08
2. Heavenly Sword
3. Colin McRae: Dirt
4. Motorstorm
5. Resistance: Fall of Man
6. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
7. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
8. Virtua Tennis 3
9. Call of Duty 3
10. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Xbox 360
1. NHL 08
2. Medal of Honor: Airborne
3. Bioshock
4. Two Worlds
5. Guitar Hero II
6. Stranglehold
7. Rainbow Six Vegas
8. Gears of War
9. Call of Duty 3
10. Colin McRae: Dirt

Wii
1. Super Paper Mario
2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Mario Party 8
4. Boogie
5. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
6. Rayman Raving Rabbids
7. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
8. My Sims
9. Wii Play
10. Mario Strikers Charged Football

Nintendo DS
1. Pokémon Diamond
2. Pokémon Pearl
3. New Super Mario Bros.
4. Shrek 3
5. My Sims
6. The Sims 2 Pets
7. Final Fantasy III
8. Nintendogs: Dalmatian & Friends
9. Mario Kart DS
10. Sonic Rush Adventures

PSP
1. Need for Speed Underground Rivals
2. Daxter
3. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes
4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
5. Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
6. Tekken Dark Resurrection
7. Pro Evolution Soccer 6
8. Burnout Dominator
9. Dungeons & Dragons Tactics
10. Monster Hunter Freedom 2

dabra

France 3-9 September

1.Pokemon Diamnt (Nintendo) NDS
2.Rugby 08 (Electronic Arts) PS2
3.Bioshock (2K Games) 360
4.Wii Play (Nintendo) Wii
5.Pokemon Perle (Nintendo) NDS
6.New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) NDS
7.Programme D'entrainement Cerebral Du Dr. Kawashima (Nintendo) NDS
8.Programme D'entrainement Cerebral Avance (Nintendo) NDS
9.Rogue Galaxy (Square Enix) PS2
10.Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition (Capcom) Wii
11.The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo) Wii
12.Mario Kart DS (Nintendo) NDS
13.Mario Party 8 (Nintendo) Wii
14.Cerebrale Academie sur Wii (Nintendo) Wii
15.Stuntman Ignition (THQ) PS2
16.Ratatouille (THQ) NDS
17.Mario Strikers Charged (Nintendo) Wii
18.Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (Ubisoft) PS3
19.Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Atlus) Wii
20.Pro Evolutiom Soccer 6 (Konami) PS2

felipeko

Phife Dawg said:
Thx, also for actually updating the first post since you "took over". Very much appreciated.
Thanks! Ill try to improve it more. I think the reason why we don't pay much attention is because all this mess...
830920 said:
Here are the real charts for Sweden week 38, sorry about last post, MDTS (the ones making these charts) website lied to me.
Updated, thanks. It was my mistake the week 35 :D
dabra said:
France 3-9 September
That's a lot late... What should i do with it?!

Anyway... You guys think it would be useful the "how many weeks on chart" number for the games? It would give me a little work to implement, but if it's useful enough i would do it.

saelz8

Phife Dawg said:

Every other chart is ALL platforms, why would you exclude PC numbers for Germany only? I'm interested in the PC numbers, that's half the reason I posted them. It's not the NPD.

I have no reason to believe NG is making them up. They have been posting these numbers for a long time always citing the GFK.

I'd like to add, it's cool WIC is doing well in Sweden.

Quellex said:
Every other chart is ALL platforms, why would you exclude PC numbers for Germany only? I'm interested in the PC numbers, that's half the reason I posted them. It's not the NPD.

I have no reason to believe NG is making them up. They have been posting these numbers for a long time always citing the GFK.

I'd like to add, it's cool WIC is doing well in Sweden.
They are citing media create/gfk but don't provide a working link to those charts, only to the homepage of mc/gfk. As I said, ngb is the only one posting those charts, no other site, retailer, etc. uses those charts and they don't match the official, seperated mc/gfk charts if you take out the PC releases.

Why would mc/gfk use two different charts? They should be using the same source (their numbers) for both charts, which is clearly not happening.

I can post the PC charts as well if you so desire.

felipeko said:
Thanks! Ill try to improve it more. I think the reason why we don't pay much attention is because all this mess...

Anyway... You guys think it would be useful the "how many weeks on chart" number for the games? It would give me a little work to implement, but if it's useful enough i would do it.
I guess that's true.

I don't think it's neccessary to provide a weeks on chart number. If you combine all charts to the op and maybe provide a link to the last 4 weeks anyone interested can see how a game did. The regulars take a look at the charts every week anyways.

dabra said:
France 3-9 September

1.Pokemon Diamnt (Nintendo) NDS
2.Rugby 08 (Electronic Arts) PS2
3.Bioshock (2K Games) 360
4.Wii Play (Nintendo) Wii
5.Pokemon Perle (Nintendo) NDS
6.New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) NDS
7.Programme D'entrainement Cerebral Du Dr. Kawashima (Nintendo) NDS
8.Programme D'entrainement Cerebral Avance (Nintendo) NDS
9.Rogue Galaxy (Square Enix) PS2
10.Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition (Capcom) Wii
11.The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo) Wii
12.Mario Kart DS (Nintendo) NDS
13.Mario Party 8 (Nintendo) Wii
14.Cerebrale Academie sur Wii (Nintendo) Wii
15.Stuntman Ignition (THQ) PS2
16.Ratatouille (THQ) NDS
17.Mario Strikers Charged (Nintendo) Wii
18.Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (Ubisoft) PS3
19.Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Atlus) Wii
20.Pro Evolutiom Soccer 6 (Konami) PS2

Ouch, Blue Dragon completely bombed, it seems - started at 19 before slipping out of the chart this following week... This is pretty surprising to me, even as a french, because I would have thought that "Final Fantasy + Dragon Quest + Akira Toriyama" would have been a certified winning combination for our J-RPG, manga loving country... I guess this J-RPG and manga loving crowd refuses to buy a 360 for this game after all.

donny2112

Just to give a feel of how the U.K. top 40 may work out as far as numbers, let's look at the Japanese weekly top 30 numbers.

Code:
Rank   Average
1.     180,700
2.     105,900
3.      55,400
4.      45,800
5.      35,900
6.      32,300
7.      28,900
8.      25,600
9.      23,400
10.     22,300
11.     21,100
12.     20,000
13.     19,300
14.     18,700
15.     18,000
16.     17,100
17.     16,700
18.     16,000
19.     15,200
20.     14,600
21.     13,900
22.     12,800
23.     12,100
24.     11,400
25.     10,800
26.     10,300
27.      9,900
28.      9,300
29.      8,900
30.      8,700

This is the average value for the weekly top 30 in Japan from Famitsu for June - August. I didn't do anything special to account for 2-week periods, so that will slightly skew it upwards.

In Japan, the top system, DS, was averaging > 135K per week for that time period. In the U.K., the top system for a typical week is << 40K. In other words, games below #20 are probably selling < 10K per week and possibly less than 3K per week @ #40. Hopefully that can give some sense of scale for these numbers. :)

felipeko

Well done, donny.
I'm gonna do a point system (tomorrow, sleep now) for myself, based on that, just to give me a view of how well some games (that are chartting for 6+ weeks) are doing.. i may post the results here if you wish :D

Top Bottom